Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Thread

Love being in the cups still. Adds so much more to the season when there’s more competitive games being played. I think we’ll end up with an all premier league fixture next round at home. 

Although I’d like Wednesday away. 

• Like 1

Hope Brendan isn’t thinking about playing Maddison wide left in the tough fixtures coming up. Can understand the substitution today but really hope its the last time we see Maddison out on the wing. 

Edited by Shane

Job done, a difficult watch at times.

Good for some of the fringe players to get minutes, good to see Kelechi score again, good to rest the first team and blooded another youngster.

Hard graft but a good afternoon's work.  There will be upsets today, but thankfully not for us.

• Like 2

To sum up that game.

Fantastic first half showed some hunger and fantastic link up play at times. 

Great goal by Iheanacho and assist from JJ.

2nd half absolute dog shit and certain individuals should of impressed but didnt.

Over all job done no replay but we was lucky after that 2nd half.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

We started like greyhounds.... got our goal......they woke up....they tried harder and were the better side.....second half we lost all our rhythm and had zero composure on the ball...... everyone tried hard.....Morgan is a beast......Fuchs is my hero (million times better than Chilwell)....was disappointed with Perez, Gray, Choudhury and Praet.

Though Praet worked really hard and created the goal of course. I was very disappointed with Gray and Perez to be honest. Albrighton battled hard but had an off day and his crossing was disappointing. Our corners and free kicks were, as usual, toilet...Glad to get through though with an average if hard working performance.

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

Love being in the cups still. Adds so much more to the season when there’s more competitive games being played. I think we’ll end up with an all premier league fixture next round at home. 

Although I’d like Wednesday away. 

Tuesday at home would suit me better 

A lot of positives for me today even though we weren't great from the 30 min mark onwards.

We managed to please both opinions of the forum by getting through and doing so whilst giving the majority of the first XI a weekend off as we prepare for the Villa match.  Iheanacho took his goal really well and we don't need another No9 at the club this summer whilst he and Vardy are fit. We can concentrate our resources on getting that wide forward and third CB instead.

Ideally now we'll beat Villa and get a good draw in the 5th round and then we can have a really good pop at both cups assuming we have no major hiccups in the league. 

I think that game clearly demonstrates why a few of those players are second choice, Gray especially . Glad Nacho scored again and he did well with what little service he had but was a great cross for his goal , Pérez was lively first half faded the second . I think  that was possible the worst game I’ve seen Hamza play looked totally disinterested don’t know if he’s got things on his mind or sulking just really looked like he didn’t want to be there to me . Great to see Hall make his debut he didn’t see a lot of the ball but looked tidy enough 

• Like 1

Just back from that and while overall "just did enough" was right some of the team not getting enough credit, in particular Soyuncu and Fuchs were class throughout, they barely got a sniff in the box, and Morgan also did a job. Perez also put in a great shift especially in the first half where he kept finding the pockets of space. Can't disagree that Gray was very poor, and Hamza and Praet were a bit in and out. Justin also had some wobbly moments. But given all Brentford pressure their lack of clear cut chances showed our quality at the back. Just did enough, aka, professional job. Oh, and apparently last ever FA cup game at Griffin Park, did anyone mention that yet... 

• Like 2

So we scored, we didn't concede, we qualified for the next round without tiring players who will be needed a further two times this week and we didn't pick up injuries.

and yet some people are complaining.

Cup matches are about winning. Well done Leicester, the cup double is still on.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

So we scored, we didn't concede, we qualified for the next round without tiring players who will be needed a further two times this week and we didn't pick up injuries.

and yet some people are complaining.

Cup matches are about winning. Well done Leicester, the cup double is still on.

Exactly, that one’s done! 

This wasn’t a settled team who play with each other week in week out but at 1-0 we were comfortable. They had chances but almost any team will get a couple against us. 

Strong feeling of deja vu watching that cup match, we score early and then spend the rest of the match slowly letting the other team have more and more chances until eventually, we are dealt the killer blow. 

It was then shattered by the fact that the opposition didn't get an equaliser and we won! Brendon truly working mircales every week 

Fuchs played very well, what a legend. Thought we should have got the ball to nacho more, he was making good runs and in good positions but others didn't pick him out. But a job done 👍