Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Thread

Virtually every time he starts Praet does something to directly contribute to a goal, in addition to all the thankless work he does as a conduit in midfield.  We really do have one too many good creative midfielders to start every match.

• Like 3

Pretty big overreaction in the match thread. 

We managed the game ok imo. Brentford are a club with a philosophy so even with a reserve side out they know their roles and made it difficult. 

Ultimately, as will be the case in many ties this weekend, that extra bit of class will tell as proved with our superbly worked goal. We didnt show it enough today to make it more comfortable, but it was plenty sufficient to get through this banana skin whilst resting key players. 

Whilst Gray got all the criticism, Albrighton, for as much as he has done for this club, should probably be the first of the 2 to be eased out. He hasnt got the attributes for the type of style Rodgers wants to implement. He is far from "done" as the reactionaries would claim, but he is probably at the end of the road here. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Has "professional performance" become a euphemism for "just scraping through against lower-league opponents"? 

Sorry, but we were cack in the second half.

I don't like scapegoating players, but I do think we need to start asking how many chances Gray will get to come good. He just seems to have plateaued about 4 years ago and we only see brief glimpses of his ability now and then.

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Apart from giving them a phantom corner that they nearly scored from.

For him, that was good!

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Dion keeps saying the pass for the goal was scuffed.... am I missing something?

Dennis won’t day otherwise but it looked an odd technique for that pass 

We made a lot of changes today, as did they. It was reserves vs reserves and we had 1 eye on tuesday night and they had 1 eye on Tuesday night also, big game for them. The match delivered as expected. We edged it.

Brentford are a good side and proved that today. We won and got through. Job done. Some people need to chill

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Virtually every time he starts Praet does something to directly contribute to a goal, in addition to all the thankless work he does as a conduit in midfield.  We really do have one too many good creative midfielders to start every match.

He's a decent stand in from the regulars but you can see the difference when he starts. I don't think he had a great game again personally, he and Choudhury struggled somewhat against a Brentford B team.

As soon as Maddison came on you could see how our attacking play evolved. I think fans quite quickly forget the quality that some of our starters have. Justin was solid today and managed to get a brilliant assist, but Ricardo would have wreaked havoc down that side. Fuchs was brilliantly defensively but he won't drive forward in the way Chilwell can, which in itself creates an easier situation for a lower league club. I think it's fairly disrespectful to assume that Brentford would offer nothing in their final cup game at their ground. We used to give Premier League teams a decent game at times when we were in the same situation. 

• Like 1

We started like greyhounds.... got our goal......they woke up....they tried harder and were the better side.....second half we lost all our rhythm and had zero composure on the ball...... everyone tried hard.....Morgan is a beast......Fuchs is my hero (million times better than Chilwell)....was disappointed with Perez, Gray, Choudhury and Praet.

Edited by tickler28

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, lcfcdotell said:

Nobody was very good to be fair!

But Fuchs, Soyuncu ,Morgan Justin and Ward were good,  and good got the job done, only Gray was poor as usual. I am happy with that we have so often been rubbish in these matches . Millwall ahhhh, nightmare.

Edited by An Sionnach

Job done, and that's it. Defended well enough when we had to but shite on the ball after the first 20 minutes. Interesting what happens in the summer because surely our depth is the area which needs improving which surely signals the end of Gray and Albrighton. Wish them both well but time for them to go I reckon. Couple of players got sloppy and it spread across the team. 

Fuchs excellent, Praet good to a point and Choudhury was ok but neither really protect the back 4 very well. Would have liked to see Barnes come on to finish the game for us. Nice to see Dewsbury-Hall get on but thought he struggled a little. 

Nice goal, through to next round, no injuries. That will do.