Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Thread

I watched it on TV and nearly spilt my beer in the first five minutes, when we could easily have been 2-0 up, and 4-0 at half-time wouldn't have been overly flattering. However, by the end of the second half, I was glad we managed to hang on, although I think we were pretty safe overall.

One thing that p!ssed me off was Jonathan Pearce's 'commentary'. Hasn't anyone ever told him to speak clearly instead of mumbling? Half the time it sounded like he was talking to himself, like that bloke who used to sit on the bench near the Clock Tower. Should take lessons from Jermaine Jenas.

Still, it was good to watch one last cup-tie at this Famous Old Ground - did anyone know Brentford are moving to a new ground next season? Or that Griffin Park (the Famous Old Ground) has a pub at each corner? It's famous for that. Apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

We just did what we had to do against a spirited Brentford side who are clearly going places.

Iheanacho with a tidy finish, Caglar and Fuchs were beasts.

Gray has to be the most frustrating player in a City shirt for many a year.

Ya know what. I couldn’t have summed it up better. 

Finding Brentford fans comments on the game quite naive. They created square root of naff all really bar a Chance off a corner. If they have a similar attitude in the PL next season, they will be back down before they realise. 

That applies reserves/second choice or not 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Finding Brentford fans comments on the game quite naive. They created square root of naff all really bar a Chance off a corner. If they have a similar attitude in the PL next season, they will be back down before they realise. 

That applies reserves/second choice or not 

I thought the same when I was looking at their forum, they are happy with the performance they put in. I know they had a very weakened team out but we were never really troubled. A one goal lead in the FA cup is normally an uncomfortable position to be in but I was never worried. Would like them to get promoted out of all the teams around the play off positions though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I watched it on TV and nearly spilt my beer in the first five minutes, when we could easily have been 2-0 up, and 4-0 at half-time wouldn't have been overly flattering. However, by the end of the second half, I was glad we managed to hang on, although I think we were pretty safe overall.

One thing that p!ssed me off was Jonathan Pearce's 'commentary'. Hasn't anyone ever told him to speak clearly instead of mumbling? Half the time it sounded like he was talking to himself, like that bloke who used to sit on the bench near the Clock Tower. Should take lessons from Jermaine Jenas.

Still, it was good to watch one last cup-tie at this Famous Old Ground - did anyone know Brentford are moving to a new ground next season? Or that Griffin Park (the Famous Old Ground) has a pub at each corner? It's famous for that. Apparently.

And it used to be an orchard. One of the scintillating facts that made up 85% of Jonathan's 'commentary'. Jeez!  Just made the second half more painful. 

I don't think I knew about the new ground though...

Job done and into the next round, that's three main thing. 

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I thought the same when I was looking at their forum, they are happy with the performance they put in. I know they had a very weakened team out but we were never really troubled. A one goal lead in the FA cup is normally an uncomfortable position to be in but I was never worried. Would like them to get promoted out of all the teams around the play off positions though. 

I thought they played quite well tbf. I was certainly worried before and after they hit the post lol and all the times they hit the side netting. A draw would have been fair.

Their full reserves were certainly better than West Ham’s first team, against whom we put out a very similar mostly-reserves team last month.

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

If there's one thing that the Premier League really doesnt need it's another ****ing London club.

15 hours ago, surrifox said:

Christian is a real man , a proper grown -up . Don’t let him retire 

I am hoping that City can persuade Christian to stay with us for a further season after this one. I think his agreement was to stay until the end of this season & then he is off to join his family in the U.S. ?

He played a blinder today...…...as usual !  He is Mr. Dependable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Pearce does my head in. He ‘talks’ about anything but the game most of the time, particularly yesterday. He started repeating himself at one point and must’ve mentioned Brentford’s new ground about 5 times in the space of 10 minutes. Stick to Robot Wars, pal. 

• Like 1

I think if I were a Brentford fan then I would have been happy with their performance too. Not the result obviously, but the performance. They might not have matched us for individual talent, or composure, but they certainly didn't lack for energy and desire. They did enough to merit a draw I thought, and whilst I would have been massively pissed off, might have nicked it - I thought they put us under enough pressure and could have had something go their way.  A classic cup game in some respects; that is, 'big club' talent v little club energy. The magic of the cup and all that sh*t.

4 hours ago, Katy said:

Pearce does my head in. He ‘talks’ about anything but the game most of the time, particularly yesterday. He started repeating himself at one point and must’ve mentioned Brentford’s new ground about 5 times in the space of 10 minutes. Stick to Robot Wars, pal. 

He probably would if he could - but the BBC never really knew how to manage that series properly to keep it going without overdoing it :(

• Like 1

Alexander-Arnold, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Loftus-Cheek, Calvert-Lewin, Ward-Prowse, now Dewsbury-Hall. Are footballers getting posher? (One of best bits yesterday was the half-time chat, when Gazza nearly began to argue with the others over the merits or otherwise of FA Cup replays.) 

Edited by String fellow

2 hours ago, Phube said:

You do know we won the game don’t you? :blink:

Yes but my post was in response to an early post by someone who suggested that we should start with our strongest XI. Not that I was having a dig at the XI that started 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Alexander-Arnold, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Loftus-Cheek, Calvert-Lewin, Ward-Prowse, now Dewsbury-Hall. Are footballers getting posher? (One of best bits yesterday was the half-time chat, when Gazza nearly began to argue with the others over the merits or otherwise of FA Cup replays.) 

I may be wrong but I suspect it's more to do with their mothers being not wishing to lose their surnames. The ref's assistant yesterday, Sian Massey-Ellis, did the same thing.

Incidentally, I thought it was ironic yesterday how much fuss Pearce made when Massey-Ellis flagged a clear offside when Brentford had the ball in our net, comparing her speed of decision-making with VAR. Maybe someone should ask Richard Keys and Andy Gray if they agree. Although why bother.

19 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I may be wrong but I suspect it's more to do with their mothers being not wishing to lose their surnames. The ref's assistant yesterday, Sian Massey-Ellis, did the same thing.

Incidentally, I thought it was ironic yesterday how much fuss Pearce made when Massey-Ellis flagged a clear offside when Brentford had the ball in our net, comparing her speed of decision-making with VAR. Maybe someone should ask Richard Keys and Andy Gray if they agree. Although why bother.

give women an inch...