Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Dennis won’t day otherwise but it looked an odd technique for that pass 

Was it? I'll watch again out of interest but at the time I thought it was brilliant, scuffed or otherwise. I figure he must have meant something like it so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me!

I thought Perez was up for it, but like Vardy in past seasons,the Service died....

Just on today Albrighton,Gray who should of been his links had poor 2nd halfs,it was important for themselves to give a 60-80 minute showing..they didnt.

Praet,drifts Top often  out of games...He and Chouds,with Albrighton   should of been more dominant...That meant Gray was Too deep,then  Nacho & Perez,

was given no support or decent service...

Defence ,we were good across the b.line but DM approach,very avg...!!!

Who cares,  tomorrow is Another day,a Great goal seen us through...

New young name on Team sheet, Dewsbury-Hall ,plus   Morgan,Justin,Soyu,Fuchs all looked solid,when being forced into taking Too much pressure.

I enjoyed it as an FA.cup tie....

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

Pretty big overreaction in the match thread. 

We managed the game ok imo. Brentford are a club with a philosophy so even with a reserve side out they know their roles and made it difficult. 

Ultimately, as will be the case in many ties this weekend, that extra bit of class will tell as proved with our superbly worked goal. We didnt show it enough today to make it more comfortable, but it was plenty sufficient to get through this banana skin whilst resting key players. 

Whilst Gray got all the criticism, Albrighton, for as much as he has done for this club, should probably be the first of the 2 to be eased out. He hasnt got the attributes for the type of style Rodgers wants to implement. He is far from "done" as the reactionaries would claim, but he is probably at the end of the road here. 

That's a rarity on FT!

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

But Fuchs, Soyuncu ,Morgan Justin and Ward were good,  and good got the job done, only Gray was poor as usual. I am happy with that we have so often been rubbish in these matches . Millwall ahhhh, nightmare.

That’s why I said “very good” 🙂

11 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Why do we never put out a strong 11 for the first 45 get a good lead then change in the later stages.

What if we went full strength and it was 0-0 at half time. 

What if Tielemans played instead of Praet and chose not to attempt/couldnt execute  the pass of the season. 

What if Ndidi/Evans/Ricardo/Maddison etc etc start and got injured.

You cant simply assume a full strength XI would get a comfortable lead, football really isnt as simple as that. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I’ve heard so many variations on the pronunciation of Iheanacho in the past few days, Linekar seems to pronounce it differently on every occasion!

Iheanachy?lol

I got that too! I don't think Linekar seemed very pally pally with Shearer today either.... although the newcastle jokes must be wearing thin 🙈

Should have been two or three up at halftime and out of site, second half they probably deserved an equaliser. 

Job done with minimum damage, and good to have Nacho among the goals again as I feel we will need him more and more not just this season but in years to come. 

Exciting to see Dewsbury-Hall make his first appearance too. The next one off the production line!

Guest An Sionnach

I think people miss a lot of what Marc Albrighton gives to us in a match like this , he works so hard , gives his full back support and never complains , we have other players who can provide the creative cutting edge nowadays and the job he is asked to do he does really well in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think people miss a lot of what Marc Albrighton gives to us in a match like this , he works so hard , gives his full back support and never complains , we have other players who can provide the creative cutting edge nowadays and the job he is asked to do he does really well in my opinion.

Was the worst I’ve ever seen him for ages. Was a point of discussion in the away end. Maybe he needs to play regularly but was miles off it today.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1