Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I guarantee you are paying more than me as I've been laid off until next year at the earliest.

Apologies to anyone who was genuinely offended, I just thought I was making a little joke about tax avoidance.

Fair play but it isn’t a joking matter when the whole of the country gets 80% of their wage slip up to £2500 a month, and if he wants to close us down we go on SSP at £90 a week. 

They cannot shut us down and expect that, rioting would ensure with hammer and saw will travel.

Ive paid my tax all my life but just because I invoice and don’t take home a wage slip they think this is right, that’s why they’re twiddling thumbs now to come up with something.

End of the day they know what we all earn due to tax returns, bank accounts, NI etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Any advice or tips on home schooling two key stage 2 children please?

Im dreading it. :(

22 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

My colleague said he is going to send me some fab resources, I'll chase him up and forward them when I get them if you like 😊 

Have the schools not provided them with work to do whilst the schools are closed? They should have done. 

We have an 11 & 13 year old, we tasked them with making themselves a timetable, for the older one, based around the timetable she would be working to if she were at school, the younger one chose to do a similar thing too. They’ve been good as gold so far, They’ll do a couple of lessons in the morning, then then a couple more in the early afternoon. 

I know this won’t last forever, they’ll get bored of being nice to eachother soon enough!! But so far....👌🏻

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds horrible mate, stay safe.

With the fever, are you just feeling cold?

Over the weekend, it was a dry fever - no sweating. Just a hot body but not the shivers 

they came on last night and coincided with the BP issue 

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Shit, that sounds awful.  I hope you beat this thing quickly.  Just think, after it's gone, there's a good chance that you won't be able to get it again.

If you're up to it, it would be good to let us know your experience of the whole thing when you're ready.  

Without this mornings experience it hasn’t been particularly difficult- no worse than a mild flu I reckon. But the worry is what else its doing to your insides ............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Have the schools not provided them with work to do whilst the schools are closed? They should have done. 

We have an 11 & 13 year old, we tasked them with making themselves a timetable, for the older one, based around the timetable she would be working to if she were at school, the younger one chose to do a similar thing too. They’ve been good as gold so far, They’ll do a couple of lessons in the morning, then then a couple more in the early afternoon. 

I know this won’t last forever, they’ll get bored of being nice to eachother soon enough!! But so far....👌🏻

Unfortunately most of my daughter's work so far seems to be home economics, making things using ingredients we don't have :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, stix said:

No but in fairness to the school they weren’t given any notification, I turned up today out of the blue and pulled them out.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Over the weekend, it was a dry fever - no sweating. Just a hot body but not the shivers 

Without this mornings experience it hasn’t been particularly difficult- no worse than a mild flu I reckon. But the worry is what else its doing to your insides ............

My worry, on a personal level, is not knowing what to expect.  What I mean is, that the advice is to self isolate when you get symptoms.  I'm happy to do that and I'm doing it anyway as far as possible.  I don't want to add pressure to the NHS but at what point do you just soldier on and at what point do you know that you need medical help?  It's a difficult one and a rhetorical question really, I'm not asking you to answer it, it's just a worry that I won't know what to do. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have you had a blocked nose? That’s where I’m at right now, not runny - just blocked. 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

My worry, on a personal level, is not knowing what to expect.  What I mean is, that the advice is to self isolate when you get symptoms.  I'm happy to do that and I'm doing it anyway as far as possible.  I don't want to add pressure to the NHS but at what point do you just soldier on and at what point do you know that you need medical help?  It's a difficult one and a rhetorical question really, I'm not asking you to answer it, it's just a worry that I won't know what to do. 

Yes this is one of my fears atm, I've always been one to soldier on and make my children just get on with it too. I'm a bit concerned that I might underestimate how serious it is until it's too late.. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, promised land said:

Ive paid my tax all my life but just because I invoice and don’t take home a wage slip they think this is right, that’s why they’re twiddling thumbs now to come up with something.

End of the day they know what we all earn due to tax returns, bank accounts, NI etc.

Oh come on, they're not twiddling their thumbs.

They'll announce something soon I'm sure.

I'm freelance and hopefully they'll go with the proposal about 80% nett of the last three tax year earnings - especially because the 16/17 year was my best ever! (17/18 and 18/19 not quite so good but hey, something is better than nothing)

Low BP tends to be associated with dehydration, so even if drinking plenty of fluids doesn't feel right, it might not be a bad idea. The timeline of symptoms with this thing seems to be quite a mixed bag, judging by what I've read. A high temperature seems to be the chief symptom, but has anyone tried buying a thermometer recently to check?

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 09:08, LinekersLugs said:

Make no mistake this is controllable 

mass media hysteria for click bate 

SARS and Bird Flu where much bigger than this and were contained 

the vaccine is being worked on already 

you sure now ??

On 26/01/2020 at 10:07, mabrah said:

I read something yesterday about the mortality rates of flu, SARS, MERS and the corinavirus (and it's obviously early days for the coronavirus, so I don't intend to make comparisons) but I must admit that my reaction was similar to that of @LinekersLugs above.

It is frightening to think though; could this be the start of something that sweeps the planet, as prophesied in 'The Survivors'! (The 1975 one obviously, the later one was rubbish!)  

i think it has

17 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

Have you had a blocked nose? That’s where I’m at right now, not runny - just blocked. 

Nope nothing nasal at all 

no sneezing/snot/blocked nose  

forgot about the mild to not so mild headache ...... that was persistent across the weekend too 

Just now, st albans fox said:

forgot about the mild to not so mild headache ...... that was persistent across the weekend too 

Not true, many sufferers have had nasal issues.

If people want to know symptoms go to an official site. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

What do you mean not true? He got asked if he had a blocked nose and said no 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I have been self isolating with symptoms consistent with the virus as well, thankfully pretty mild. For me it started off with fatigue, progressed onto a fever and a headache, and then some shortness of breathe. After about 5 days I started getting a more persistent cough, but nothing like some have described. The government guidance concerns me to be honest - I think it's too basic to say to look out for a cough and a fever. Any sense of typical symptoms associated with the flu or cold I would be taking caution, and see how your symptoms progress. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I don’t think St Albans fox was saying it isn’t a symptom, just not one that they’ve had.

I think part of the problem with this thing is there’s a set of symptoms, but the symptoms from that set that an individual gets and the severity of those symptoms vary.