Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I think that a lot of hypochondriacs will know all the symptoms and will convince themselves that they've got the virus, even if they haven't. They shouldn't be regarded as time-wasters, because they are genuine about what they believe. This is partly why a widely-available testing kit would be so useful. Personally, I'd pay top-dollar for one.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I think that a lot of hypochondriacs will know all the symptoms and will convince themselves that they've got the virus, even if they haven't. They shouldn't be regarded as time-wasters, because they are genuine about what they believe. This is partly why a widely-available testing kit would be so useful. Personally, I'd pay top-dollar for one.  

Trouble is the normal testing kit will only tell you if you currently have it, it's the antibody testing kit that's being worked on which will be the breakthrough - which will show if people have already had it (and therefore are highly unlikely to be able to contract it again, unless it mutates). I've read it's somewhere between 30-70% of people who've had the virus had no symptoms at all, and some have reported the only symptom was a loss of sense of smell

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, minimum of 8 weeks really isn’t it.

i knew it was coming but it’s stressful, my mum lives on her own so that’s shit. If she didn’t have a cat I’d bring her round here.

Lol i don’t get why this is funny. My 2 Huskys would eat the bastard, it’s not like I’m willing to sacrifice my mum because the cat is a bellend (it is).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm telling you now, hayfever sufferers aren't going to have a fcukin clue whether they've had coronavirus or not until about October. I'm in no man's land already, end me.

Had no idea hayfever gives you diarrhea! 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Genuine question - our office is all working from home, and my colleague's home computer keeps crashing so he wants to use the work laptop which is currently at my house.

I was planning on going out cycling today anyway (leave the house once a day for exercise) and I take the laptop and leave it at his front door, am I breaking any rules?

I know the chances of getting caught are slim but I can't afford any fines that might be imposed. But also we can't afford to not have him working!

I can’t see that being an issue myself 

40 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Genuine question - our office is all working from home, and my colleague's home computer keeps crashing so he wants to use the work laptop which is currently at my house.

I was planning on going out cycling today anyway (leave the house once a day for exercise) and I take the laptop and leave it at his front door, am I breaking any rules?

I know the chances of getting caught are slim but I can't afford any fines that might be imposed. But also we can't afford to not have him working!

I dont think so. Its exercise if you cycle to his house, pop it in a sports rucksack. Dont knock or ring the doorbell, call him when you've drop it off so he can pick it up without interacting with you and tell him to wipe the laptop down before using it (coronavirus wipedown of course...).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

One form of exercise each day alone.

Might go for a four hour round of golf on my jack.

Yeah scrub that. All golf courses now closed :(

Might have to go for a walk with the bread knife instead.

FML

The golf course is a shame.  Our local course recently plugged and raised all the holes so if you hit it then it's count as in to stop people touching flags holes.  You even pay online so there's zero interaction.  Unfortunately, whilst fine for loners like me who play on their own, I did see two days ago a society of 7 high fiving each other after every single putt.  As is always the case, the minorities ruining it for everyone.

Usual caveat that this is a minor inconvenience compared to the big picture.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for some people on those London underground pictures being lambasted as some of them could genuinely be key workers or been told to go to work yet they now get criticised for giving London a bad name. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Update from Chancellor this afternoon - should provide some info for sole traders/self employed.

Yes sounds like they have worked out how to do it.  This is the enabler for the next stage of lockdown should they decide to do it - construction sites etc.

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

If that really is a photo from this morning that is outrageous. 

Expected is the word you're looking for. While the government allow firms to stay open, people will still have to go to work. What is remarkable though, is suddenly there seems to be millions of people who can work from home and are demonstrating this via social media. What i'd like to know is, if they can work from home now, why would they have needed to go into work before all this happened.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's fine, go for it.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Tubes still busy this morning 

Wouldn't you just walk though, or call in sick if it was like that, I mean whats the worst case scenario??  The disease might (and you can't actually be certain) kill you!!!!

And you might possibly kill you folks, outlaws (might be a good thing) grandparents etc......

Edited by The boy Linacre
Extra line