Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

The first government murmur was to risk lives of loved ones for the economy.

We’ll need international cooperation for as long as this lasts. I doubt we’ll try.

I suspect we’ll revert to risking loved ones rather than attempt a temporarily economic change.

Trump was making those murmurs while his health experts abandon him. I think we’ll follow suit.

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, promised land said:

Yeah because all us self employed never pay tax you retard.

Infact I probably pay more tax than you, but carry on tarring with that huge brush.

I guarantee you are paying more than me as I've been laid off until next year at the earliest.

Apologies to anyone who was genuinely offended, I just thought I was making a little joke about tax avoidance.

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Presumably, dentists come under the category of medical treatment, and will continue working.

MyDentist (part of a franchise group) has gone to emergency treatment only.

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Presumably, dentists come under the category of medical treatment, and will continue working.

My mate is a dental nurse/assistant and they’re emergency only, intrusive and particularly exposing practices like drilling are trying to be avoided as well.

He’s also on standby to be drafted into the NHS, as he has basic medical training, if it gets to that point.

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Words fail me

Doesn't surprise me one bit, sadly.

Foleshill is a shit hole full of pond life and voted in the top 10 worst places to live in England IIRC

Deliberately infecting someone with HIV is a criminal offence. Maybe we need some emergency law to try to deter idiots from deliberating infecting others. Some guy in Japan did just that, then died. Such a law would be almost impossible to administer though.

• Sad 1

Just took the Dog down the Great Central Way, what a weird feeling, yes the sun’s out but it feels like you’re walking in a holiday camp, three people wearing masks too, this is going to be the norm for a good while.

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely they need to name and shame these people ...... same with pubs flouting the rules. Public ridicule is one of the few things that might work 

How are you today?  Didn't you say that you have had symptoms yesterday?

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Any advice or tips on home schooling two key stage 2 children please?

Im dreading it. :(

My colleague said he is going to send me some fab resources, I'll chase him up and forward them when I get them if you like 😊 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a good question !  Started coughing last Thursday so I was pretty happy that with my fever almost under control yesterday I was headed for a speedy recovery ........

But let this be a lesson for those who take this thing lightly ....... 

struggled big time a couple times during the night with the shivers and even after taking paracetamol suddenly waking up with a feeling that I needed to avoid being on my own and vacate the lounge and return to the missus. 

anyway - turns out that my BP was dropping and this morning I got the heavy sweats and passed out - that was really scary for the family. They called an ambulance which turned up pretty quickly.  Poor fella had inadequate PPE (looked like he spent twenty mins after he left in the back of the van disinfecting himself) but my numbers (BP apart) were all v good so it all ended up being v reassuring.   

so I don’t really feel any different from yesterday but I don’t trust this thing now to behave like it should. 

the guy said that he had seen a few of these BP episodes last couple days as CV becomes more widespread. He said the virus is everywhere - but I suppose we knew this already.  I’m someone who has brilliant BP - mid fifties and never had an issue when it’s been taken ..... so if you do contract this thing, don’t take chances with it ......... imagine if I’d been driving a car or operating machinery  ............

Sounds horrible mate, stay safe.

With the fever, are you just feeling cold?

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a good question !  Started coughing last Thursday so I was pretty happy that with my fever almost under control yesterday I was headed for a speedy recovery ........

But let this be a lesson for those who take this thing lightly ....... 

struggled big time a couple times during the night with the shivers and even after taking paracetamol suddenly waking up with a feeling that I needed to avoid being on my own and vacate the lounge and return to the missus. 

anyway - turns out that my BP was dropping and this morning I got the heavy sweats and passed out - that was really scary for the family. They called an ambulance which turned up pretty quickly.  Poor fella had inadequate PPE (looked like he spent twenty mins after he left in the back of the van disinfecting himself) but my numbers (BP apart) were all v good so it all ended up being v reassuring.   

so I don’t really feel any different from yesterday but I don’t trust this thing now to behave like it should. 

the guy said that he had seen a few of these BP episodes last couple days as CV becomes more widespread. He said the virus is everywhere - but I suppose we knew this already.  I’m someone who has brilliant BP - mid fifties and never had an issue when it’s been taken ..... so if you do contract this thing, don’t take chances with it ......... imagine if I’d been driving a car or operating machinery  ............

Shit, that sounds awful.  I hope you beat this thing quickly.  Just think, after it's gone, there's a good chance that you won't be able to get it again.

If you're up to it, it would be good to let us know your experience of the whole thing when you're ready.  

23 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

My colleague said he is going to send me some fab resources, I'll chase him up and forward them when I get them if you like 😊 

Yes please,

I have plans for physics as I’m adept enough at that but where to go after that I’m a bit lost.