Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

I’ve got some symptoms which I’ve mentioned previously in this thread. 4 Of my colleagues who sit within a few metres of me have also had a number of the symptoms all within the same week.

any chance you can get checked out?

7 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Got told today by our managers that our warehouse will stay open as we are key workers. We make and dispatch parts for diggers :dunno:

Graves need to be dug? Kind of a joke but not really given the situation...awkward comment, yes. Sigh.

Edited by Jattdogg

I've been socially distancing since last Wednesday. Had a bit of a snivel a couple of weeks back that threw my office into a panic. However, nothing developed from it and felt fine 2 days later. Only outside contact I've had is walking along routes strictly avoiding people. 

All going well until Sunday night when I started coughing. Now feel quite unwell but don't have a high temperature (I've got an electronic thermometer) breathing not too bad to be concerned about yet. The missrs is working from home but last week 2 of her coworkers have developed symptoms, one of which has now tested positive for CV19. 

My problem is that I'm 61 and in an 'at risk' group due to immuno suppression drugs. Got a call from the hospital this morning who told me that I must self isolate for 12 weeks. 

Worried how this might develop. 

• Like 1

A blocked / runny nose is only seen very rarely in corona, that's why the loss of smell symptom is so oddly specific. So if you do have a blocked nose it is more likely to be something else.

Not all people get fevers (or even any symptoms at all!) 

Edited by brucey

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

350 coppers in Leicestershire. That includes detectives, custody sergeants and senior coppers. 

12 hour shifts...  at the max that's 175 at any time, presuming no sickness nor days off. To police 1 million people.

That`s wrong, the force i believe has about 1300, of which about 700 will be street officers.

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

250,000 volunteers needed for the NHS

To be glorified delivery boys and girls for the old folk. Considering the absolutely fantastic turnout from retired-nhs staff, I expect the general public to smash the volunteering tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

any chance you can get checked out?

Well one of the lads I work with ended up in hospital on Friday wasn’t offered a test, but was told given his symptoms that he’s likely to have it. 

My symptoms are manageable at the moment and just feel like I’ve got a stinking cold, so for as long as I don’t feel any worse I’ll just ride it out and hide from the world. 

5 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Got told today by our managers that our warehouse will stay open as we are key workers. We make and dispatch parts for diggers :dunno:

Similar situation for myself, unfortunately the door was left open last night for companies like ours to simply say 'business as usual'. They have introduced distancing measures but it's totally impossible to implement properly in a building the business has completely outgrown (we were due to move to a much larger site in a couple of months)

Being owned by Americans doesn't help either, that's why it was so gutting that the decision wasn't taken out of their hands with the announcement of a proper lockdown. 

The symptoms of dehydration are usually lack of urine and the skin behaving differently to a pinch. However, there may be other less well-known symptoms, such as the voice becoming squeakier and a really spooky one - the skin folds around the eye sockets alter, which makes you look quite different.

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

From today's BBC news feed 09.47

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52013888

The problem is, in any big City the workers still Need to travel across Town to go to their job....

i don t know if People realise this,nur majority of Workers cant work from home.....

The most misunderstood & missused word from the Govt. Is " Key".....  Everybody can be considered "key-worker"....

Production,/Elec.-Companies workers./Technicians/lorry drivers /Van delivery workers./Mechanical &technical engineers/ Agricultral-product workers,from

Small Garden producers.../ Shop-workers of all kind,in the Supermarket & smaller shops/ Emergency House Repair or Maintenance workers.

Lab.technicians. / etc.etc Not forgetting Cleaner and sanitary workers,after People have finished their shift.....

it seems neither politicians and some forum posters,don t realise,what it needs to Keep Towns,villages.Cities, Ticking over,on essential but normal daily-routines.

Plus in All the speaches...I cant remember BJ,announcing..

You ALL must not go to work,and nobody "told or demanded"  Companies should inform and tell their employees ,to Stay away.

That Organisation of what,who & how seems to be have Left to The Discretion of The individual companies Interpretation of "Key"

The Promise of Funds & financial support,will Take weeks,and many workers,don t have Piggy banks,or stashed Money in a kitchen jar...Their own worries

will Take presidence,and will wait until their own boss Tells them,their Companies plans,relevant to Corona-virus.

And lets be honest,we were all so Good that all our individual jobs,were/are "Key" Positions unless the Companies suddenly decided "Outsourcing" was IN.

Many it seems undervalued,how many 'key' Jobs are needed ,to allow our lives to purr over , even for the basics some Take for granted.

You see our Great bosses and politicians ,especially since the 70s,then more so of late, have tried to Balance

"work-management  the companies output,and needed employees ", across all departments/groups soley on the tightest of percentages.

Not the deliverance of quality, not trying to Keep a City,Town,regions inhabitants in employment,that the individuals  Work and job became totally irrelevant.

Proof in the pudding..how as a society, from Top to bottom,we have shown total disrespect & shit on them for decades. That being ,All Emergency-services,und People who have served for society.....Plus within ourselves we has a society,have forgotten our other strong characteristics of kindness,respect,compassion,forethought,giving ,understanding in our Everyday lives.. 

It seems so many wants to be The Next "Dell-boy", or steal a living.

We have allowed and even forced the ideology,that getting and fighting for the Next Penny is the most important,no matter what it takes, grand-steps in life.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Any advice or tips on home schooling two key stage 2 children please?

Im dreading it. :(

Just try not to kill them.

Thats all I got, sorry mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Working from home today. After offering each individual employee the choice to interpret the government's message how they wish (!), I received a very manipulative, guilt-trippy call from my boss telling me about everyone else who had come in and talking about the difficult decisions regarding furloughs he was going to have to make. Painted a picture without telling me explicitly what to do - his usual slimey trick. I don't understand why he thinks I can't work at home? I'm a digital marketer! 95% of my work is done online! Piling on even more completely unnecessary stress to the situation. Feel at a low ebb today.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

What do you mean not true? He got asked if he had a blocked nose and said no 😂

33 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think st albans fox is probably in the best position to comment on his own symptoms!

Lads, I've had a mare.

Sorry @st albans fox

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The stupidest people usually think they're the cleverest, and the really clever ones know how little they really know!

I always tell my colleagues,  to get ahead in life you have to be or act stupid. Or maybe they are smart enough to know to be stupid lol

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anorak said:

Similar situation for myself, unfortunately the door was left open last night for companies like ours to simply say 'business as usual'. They have introduced distancing measures but it's totally impossible to implement properly in a building the business has completely outgrown (we were due to move to a much larger site in a couple of months)

Being owned by Americans doesn't help either, that's why it was so gutting that the decision wasn't taken out of their hands with the announcement of a proper lockdown. 

They’ve done the same at our place, tell you to wash your hands more and stay 2 metres apart. Yet it’s actually impossible to stay 2 meters apart all the time at our place. I suppose we just keep going into to work, mixing with lots of people, risking ourselves everyday until the government change the statement. 

10 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Working from home today. After offering each individual employee the choice to interpret the government's message how they wish (!), I received a very manipulative, guilt-trippy call from my boss telling me about everyone else who had come in and talking about the difficult decisions regarding furloughs he was going to have to make. Painted a picture without telling me explicitly what to do - his usual slimey trick. I don't understand why he thinks I can't work at home? I'm a digital marketer! 95% of my work is done online! Piling on even more completely unnecessary stress to the situation. Feel at a low ebb today.

a) he's a control freak

b) he doesn't trust you or his team (probably because his boss doesn't trust him)

c) he's scared that you'll under perform and therefore make him look stupid 

d) he's been over promoted and is incompetent

Luckily, it's people like this that keep me in a job 

• Like 2