Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

What I have found annoying following the news coverage over the last few days, is the amount of times the news reporters on BBC and Sky have cut off guest speakers whilst they are mid sentence and not being given the time to fully explain what situations they are facing.

They should be giving them as much time as they like to explain in detail, so we can all get a better understanding of people who are first hand fighting this virus and situations and problems that are getting arising/getting sorted.

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My 11 year old loves tech/games/gadgets and gets bored shitless of English/Maths very quickly.

This morning he was going mental over the stuff the school tasked him to do, so instead we found this kids website where you can create your own games.

He was on it for hours in the afternoon and made two brilliant maze type games that he was so proud to show off and get us to play.

I had no idea how creative he was and he's clearly passionate about this sort of thing.

Amazing how much I'm learning about my kids during this lockdown.

Send us the details of that too please.

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My 11 year old loves tech/games/gadgets and gets bored shitless of English/Maths very quickly.

This morning he was going mental over the stuff the school tasked him to do, so instead we found this kids website where you can create your own games.

He was on it for hours in the afternoon and made two brilliant maze type games that he was so proud to show off and get us to play.

I had no idea how creative he was and he's clearly passionate about this sort of thing.

Amazing how much I'm learning about my kids during this lockdown.

That's great that he's found something he really enjoys.

As well as creating games, he might enjoy some of these STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) challenges, too: https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk/resources/challenge-cards.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCuzmYtILHVIH5z_a_ie6d48HHnfct6sEdkSajP3tgCEDwmmgJZkkShoCEvoQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Thanks, when my wife got back she has given me some of the packs that were given to her on Friday. I wasn’t aware of their existence until now.

I feel a bit better now going forwards but thanks for the links I’ll look into them now. I’ve just got to be disciplined and create a structure otherwise it’ll be chaos and I didn’t know where to start earlier.

As long as we are learning new things (and yes I mean me too :() having a bit of fun and staying away from phones, iPads and TVs, I think I’ve done well.

Mate - I have no idea if the below is of any help, but we made a definite decision to structure the first week or so. Otherwise it would be too tricky to get the kids into doing anything other than sitting in front of a fvcking screen all day (which is what I want to do)! 

This is for the 12 year old, with work sent from school or with stuff that we have found for them. The 6 year old follows suit but with a bit of a change to the subjects and more arty type stuff and story writing. Wife has also subscribed to Muzzy (?) language lessons for the younger one. 

We’ve kind of stuck to it (this is our second week) and it’s worked a lot better than expected. 

The Joe Wicks thing now starts the day perfectly, and we’ve binned a couple of the lessons to go out for a walk or play in the garden. But the kids know that there is a structure there. We also allow flexibility and swaps to encourage, say, extra guitar over RS, geography, etc. 

From an outside point of view, it might look a bit over the top, but for our kids this was definitely the way to go. I’m sure you know what would work best for yours. 

Nobody has killed anyone here yet, which I’m taking as a positive. 👍

(And no, I don’t know why washing hands is only on there once a day)!! :o

6C4AA9B9-1E40-4EFD-8960-4EB00D9A743F.jpeg.4c476ce4f2f41edc72778dd49d969186.jpeg

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, brucey said:

image.thumb.jpeg.32f329e2b70a2b3883485011e9874c91.jpeg

My mate has just moved to California from New York and has says they've been in lockdown for over a week now in Cali. Like us, only allowed out for exercise and essentials.

He also says the weed dispensaries are doing a roaring trade.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My mate has just moved to California from New York and has says they've been in lockdown for over a week now in Cali. Like us, only allowed out for exercise and essentials.

You can’t blame them, I’d get ****ed up a fair bit if I could lol 

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Just signed up to be a NHS volunteer. Delivering shopping, medication etc to people in my area that are self isolating and can’t get what they need. 

Where do you sign up mate? I presumed it would be front line in hospital.

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think Fuchs is in New York at the moment, posted some pics of him with his family in snow on IG yesterday and looks like it snowed there yesterday. Surprised the club let him fly out as he might not be able to come back, given the way things are going there.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think Fuchs is in New York at the moment, posted some pics of him with his family in snow on IG yesterday and looks like it snowed there yesterday. Surprised the club let him fly out as he might not be able to come back, given the way things are going there.

I thought that but surely if players can't move from country to country then the chance of the league restarting even behind closed doors is pretty much zero anyway.

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

Dont see the problem, we wont see another ball kicked in the premier league in 2020.

Right, I've been tasked with trying to ascertain what my missus might be eligible for. She has her own business with her sister (partnership) which has nose dived off a cliff since the outbreak of Covid-19. She also has a part time job in a pub which is now closed. I know she'll be eligible for her part time job as her employer is sorting that but is there anything for her business? I've researched it and haven't got very far with it.

I'm still working as I work for the NHS, she seems to think because I'm employed that she's not entitled to the universal tax credit that was announced by the government for self employed or business owners but not sure?