Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

32 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If you shut the lid you're not to know if you've left skidders so you can exit guilt-free

This got me on a very childish thought train, which has taken me to a wonderful destination

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Schrödinger's crap

lol

https://www.funnyhowflowersdothat.co.uk/let-hope-bloom?utm_source=facebook-instagram&utm_medium=linkad&utm_content=lethopebloom&utm_campaign=weneedmorehope2020&fbclid=IwAR2rINA9hZDDNQHp0yf7x-2bPLgGK85RjYipCIFKGKjbfJLrNP0uSpqWz2I

LET HOPE BLOOM

Flowers with a message

Flowers are full of powerful symbolism. They speak an international language of love, friendship, gratitude, comfort, support — and hope.

Our flower message goes out to the world. With its enormous lettering, made with hundreds and thousands of individual stems, the giant arrangement lets us know that flowers will always be there to lift our spirits and bring us hope.

Making the message

We used a massive 200,000 flowers to create two beautiful flower messages in two days. The production took place on a huge site measuring 50 by 80 metres at Aalsmeer in the Netherlands, home of the world's largest flower auction. A team of twenty people worked on the message, taking care to observe all the local safety measures.

Just now, z-layrex said:

Have they?? They're doing strict 1 in 1 out in their stores and lots of products on the shelves. I can only speak for my experience as a nurse, but they let me in ahead of the queue, keep a private checkout for frontline staff and even gave me a load money off a couple times.

Blood expensive though but that's Waitrose. They've been so nice to NHS staff i'll probably shop there forever now.

To be honest, that is bloody good reason to shop there and I will likely return there at a later date. It’s likely our local store, but they seem to struggling to keep the shelves stocked even with the 1 in 1 out going.

Allow me a :worship: if you will.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

“SCIENTISTS are advising people to close the toilet before flushing as they say coronavirus can be spread through airborne poo particles“

keep everyone safe and wear a nappy

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Is shutting the lid after a shit not normal?

One i contains the stink, to it stops the poo particles.

its like washing your hands, there is no good reason not to do it! 

Some dirty bastards out there!

You know it’s really just starting to dawn on me that I’m probably going to be off work until mid to late May, possibly even longer, I’m starting to go stir crazy as it is, coupled with the guilt I’m feeling for not only my wife having to carry on in her retail job, but all those others out there who have to go in to work and on top of that having their work load significantly higher. That of cause means those in the front line in hospitals, I really hope there’s a way of rewarding these people after, properly because they deserve it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

You know it’s really just starting to dawn on me that I’m probably going to be off work until mid to late May, possibly even longer, I’m starting to go stir crazy as it is, coupled with the guilt I’m feeling for not only my wife having to carry on in her retail job, but all those others out there who have to go in to work and on top of that having their work load significantly higher. That of cause means those in the front line in hospitals, I really hope there’s a way of rewarding these people after, properly because they deserve it. 

I'm definitely with you on the guilt thing, I'm working from home though so I don't get the luxury of having all the time to myself 😊 I'm a bit different in that I don't want to return to the office either. 

Seriously though, we're all doing what we can, and what we need to do in such an unprecedented time. No need for guilt. 

I got quite emotional this morning watching the nurse on the BBC breakfast programme. Everyone was thanking her, and she was overwhelmed by the lovely gestures that she has received and just kept thanking everyone else. 

If you're staying at home you're saving lives and helping the NHS. Not much more anyone can ask 😊

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Guilt? Not me, bloody envy. I’m doing my own head in.

• Like 1

On a broader theme -iIt seems that most countries are in lockdown of one sort or another. There are millions of workers across Africa, Asia in particular who rely on a daily income through work to survive. There is the potential for a huge loss of life in these countries through starvation.

• Like 1

I find it odd that a construction company I work for is opening again on Monday however my mums partner only closed there sites this week on Tuesday, bit odd is it not? now I'm in a dilemma do I go back work as im self employed or continue to stay at home bare in mind I live with my dad who is 70

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I find it odd that a construction company I work for is opening again on Monday however my mums partner only closed there sites this week on Tuesday, bit odd is it not? now I'm in a dilemma do I go back work as im self employed or continue to stay at home bare in mind I live with my dad who is 70

If money allows, definitely stay at home 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you can survive for the next few weeks with out working and baring in mind you live with your dad who’s 70 I would suggest avoiding working.

The government are predicting the peak to be 12th April.

but from seeing the results of Italy and Spain Post lockdown expect to add on a few weeks.

so if you can afford to avoid it then, do so

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I hope she is going to say sorry, as her Royal Supermarket Waitrose has been sh*t during this lockdown

Ah, 1st world problems ;)

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It'll just be addressing the nation. Reiterating the messages about staying at home, and remarking on how we all have a part to play in fighting the spread, but that the country will come out of this stronger. It'll be a bit like the Christmas message.

And a message of support which she does in times of national crisis such as the Gulf/Falklands wars when she addressed the nation to engender a sense of nationalism that we're all in this together and showing that she's not aloof or distanced from the difficulties we face as a nation at times like this.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Have they?? They're doing strict 1 in 1 out in their stores and lots of products on the shelves. I can only speak for my experience as a nurse, but they let me in ahead of the queue, keep a private checkout for frontline staff and even gave me a load of money off a couple times.

Bloody expensive though but that's Waitrose. They've been so nice to NHS staff i'll probably shop there forever now.

Hope you're okay and keeping your head above water at this time. Personally we're doing our best to keep people out of hospital but those that need people like you are becoming more frequent in the community.

21 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

On a broader theme -iIt seems that most countries are in lockdown of one sort or another. There are millions of workers across Africa, Asia in particular who rely on a daily income through work to survive. There is the potential for a huge loss of life in these countries through starvation.

I can't bear to imagine the consequences of this for those countries and their population. It's going to be far worse than anything the West will experience.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I agree that China is responsible for a lot of ills in the world and these outbreaks keep happening from their region.  I don't think that we can just isolate them or expect them to take any sanctions lying down, but the rest of the world must unite to apply pressure on China to mend their ways in many respects but in a manner of co operation with Beijing if at all possible.

China is far from the only country responsible for many of the ills of the world. And it was ever thus. Our own country's history is not exactly rosy and most of us who live in it enjoy a high standard of living based on the back of slavery and exploitation and destruction of other countries through empire and it took a long time for us to change for the better.

I'm afraid anyone who thinks we won't need China or should "punish" China for what has happened is living in cloud cuckoo land. When this is all over the economy of the world is going to be in tatters. China is likely to be an even bigger influence in the world than it was before. Right now we need them as an economic lifeline. Anyone involved in the export business is likely to see China as just about the only place any commerce can take place right now.

Your last point is absolutely spot on. For a start pressure needs applying to close down these live animal markets, thought to be the source of more thanone infection. But only global co-operation will have any chance of effecting change in the country.

• Like 3