Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

New cases have dropped which is the real important statistic,  if it continues and hopefully it will social distancing is beginning to kickin. So keep in and keep safe everyone. 

I'm still not sure about these figures, I know of quite a few people now who have it, it's pretty apparent from the symptoms they have, but as they are managing at home they aren't part of the official statistics. 

Guest Markyblue
Just now, FoxesDeb said:

I'm still not sure about these figures, I know of quite a few people now who have it, it's pretty apparent from the symptoms they have, but as they are managing at home they aren't part of the official statistics. 

Absolutely sure of that but I'm assuming the figures relate to more serious or hospital admissions,  there must be cases in the millions who have had/have the more mild or no symptoms. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are 4000 people being released from prison early? Not sure on the logic on that one... 

Think it's because they've had a number of outbreaks in a few prisons and spreads really quickly in there. A lot of prison staff are off sick at the minute and it's already understaffed in some places - so I think it's more for the prison officers than the prisoners.

What I read said it was only prisoners who were approaching the end of their sentence (think it was 4 months or less) - and prisoners who had offences relating to violence or sexual offences were not included.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1

Just now, Guesty said:

Think it's because they've had a number of outbreaks in a few prisons and spreads really quickly in there. A lot of prison staff are off sick at the minute and it's already understaffed in some places - so I think it's more for the prison officers than the prisoners.

What I read said it was only prisoners who were approaching the end of their sentence - and prisoners who had offences relating to violence or sexual offences were not included.

What if those prisoners have COVID? Are they being tested? 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Well, has I've said before, still do not know if I've had it but after feeling unwell after the last home match my lungs still do not feel right, slowly getting better but they still feel a bit stiff at the back and still a tickly throat which leads to slight coughing fits at times.

If I have had it, then it really is a bitch to get over and if not, well, not going to think about it and just hope I'm lucky.

Hope others who were feeling unwell are doing reasonably well too.

We'll never know for sure without an accurate anti-body test. I'm currently on day 13 since my symptoms started and still struggling with coughing fits leading to a tight chest. Have no energy and slightest exertion wipes me out. Doctor visited me last week and said no test could be done although he advised to work on the assumption that I did have it given that I'd been exposed to 2 positive cases via the wife. 

I'm taking immunosuppresant drugs and I'm reading that it can take 3-6 weeks to recover in some cases although the cough could go on longer. 

As bad as it is, I feel lucky that I've not so far ended up in hospital. 

Get well soon everyone suffering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool have placed non-playing staff on furlough leave... 

i understand  any club can do this with the 80% govt assistance thing but it just hurt the most vulnerable in the end with increased taxes to pay this all back. Liverpool are topping up the other 20% from what i read but how is it players still get paid and not furloughed? I havent been on top of that aspect and perhaps there is some legal reason but it ticks me off. If your club is up shits creek i understand. Dont think liverpool has much to worry about though. I hope all clubs including ours hold out as long as possible before having to suffer undue hardship.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

i understand  any club can do this with the 80% govt assistance thing but it just hurt the most vulnerable in the end with increased taxes to pay this all back. Liverpool are topping up the other 20% from what i read but how is it players still get paid and not furloughed? I havent been on top of that aspect and perhaps there is some legal reason but it ticks me off. If your club is up shits creek i understand. Dont think liverpool has much to worry about though. I hope all clubs including ours hold out as long as possible before having to suffer undue hardship.

I think the point is that these clubs (worth billions) can afford to continue paying their staff without getting help from a government scheme mainly used to support those in more need. 

Liverpool are topping up the 20% but that doesn't take away the 80% the taxpayer will pay. For what reason? 

Most clubs in PL are worth billions or owned by billionaires so I can't see how they should be getting support or why they are applying in the first place. Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Bournemouth should be ashamed of themselves. And any other club in PL doing this. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I think the point is that these clubs (worth billions) can afford to continue paying their staff without getting help from a government scheme mainly used to support those in more need. 

Liverpool are topping up the 20% but that doesn't take away the 80% the taxpayer will pay. For what reason? 

Most clubs in PL are worth billions or owned by billionaires so I can't see how they should be getting support or why they are applying in the first place. Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Bournemouth should be ashamed of themselves. And any other club in PL doing this. 

I totally agree with you 100%. Its a matter of time before all PL clubs follow suit though isn't it? I really hope not but seems like that may happen.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do they get all the TV revenue if the season doesn’t finish, prize money? They have an uncertain  future just like the rest of us and huge liabilities in the meantime. They are just looking after themselves.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Do they get all the TV revenue if the season doesn’t finish, prize money? They have an uncertain  future just like the rest of us and huge liabilities in the meantime. They are just looking after themselves.

This is the key point unfortunately. Football clubs are businesses and are reliant on cash flow, any incumbent cash is now null or close too. King Power revenue will be massively decreased, it is a question of holding out for as long as possible but it does feel inevitable.

The question mentioned elsewhere about furloughing of football players is interesting...

• Like 1

Seriously, people are trying to burn down mobile phone towers because they believe bollox spouted on Facebook, good grief, guess this is what social isolation brings when they can’t get to their cousins to mate with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is the key point unfortunately. Football clubs are businesses and are reliant on cash flow, any incumbent cash is now null or close too. King Power revenue will be massively decreased, it is a question of holding out for as long as possible but it does feel inevitable.

The question mentioned elsewhere about furloughing of football players is interesting...

Even if a club is fiscally responsible, this could hugely impact them to a critical level.

We have staged payments due for former players, as I’m sure do other clubs and have taken loans out against that. If that money doesn’t come in, along with prize money, matchday income and TV revenue, plenty of clubs could go to the wall.

Its easy to sit here and pass judgement but the clubs are just taking precautions, we have no idea how necessary they are.

There is a lot of money in football but for clubs, most of its turnover not profit. So many of them have huge loans and big player contracts to service during this time.

Edited by Strokes

Well I can't think for a moment that people really believe the 5G masts are spreading the virus! Someone posted a video on here about the 5G conspiracy IIRC :giggle:

It's to do with the high frequencies messing with the body and oxygen (although we don't use the highest millimeter bands for 5G in the UK) but they do in China I think...

Gove and the other bloke obviously hadn't heard anything about it as you could tell from their answers. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Seriously, people are trying to burn down mobile phone towers because they believe bollox spouted on Facebook, good grief, guess this is what social isolation brings when they can’t get to their cousins to mate with. 

27 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Well I can't think for a moment that people really believe the 5G masts are spreading the virus! Someone posted a video on here about the 5G conspiracy IIRC :giggle:

It's to do with the high frequencies messing with the body and oxygen (although we don't use the highest millimeter bands for 5G in the UK) but they do in China I think...

Gove and the other bloke obviously hadn't heard anything about it as you could tell from their answers. 

Imagine what’s actually possible if some v clever orator managed to get a social media platform to spread nonsense ....... it’s not like we haven’t seen plenty of examples from history .... too many people are stoopid ..... it’s what I tell my kids as they grow up - make sure you’re not one of the stoopid ones and you’ll easily make a living 

36 minutes ago, Collymore said:

No, there are some that genuinely do. Never underestimate the batshit world of online conspiracy theory.

37 minutes ago, Collymore said:

??? 5G uses higher frequency waves than earlier mobile networks, allowing more devices to have access to the internet at the same time and at faster speeds. However, mobile phone technology sits at the low frequency end of the electromagnetic spectrum between radio and microwaves - all non-ionising radiation. 

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No, there are some that genuinely do. Never underestimate the batshit world of online conspiracy theory.

??? 5G uses higher frequency waves than earlier mobile networks, allowing more devices to have access to the internet at the same time and at faster speeds. However, mobile phone technology sits at the low frequency end of the electromagnetic spectrum between radio and microwaves - all non-ionising radiation. 

Err sue off of Facebook says different mate, coronavirus does not exist and it’s the 5g network making us all sick. 
The evidence she doesn’t provide is compelling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm talking about what the conspiracy video said. 

Whether you believe 5G is completely harmless or not it's certainly an area that needs more discussion and more thorough testing on its impact on the human body - I personally wouldn't want a 60ghz cell tower on my roof...( they're not being used in the UK anyway) but still...

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm talking about what the conspiracy video said. 

Whether you believe 5G is completely harmless or not it's certainly an area that needs more discussion and more thorough testing on its impact on the human body - I personally wouldn't want a 60ghz cell tower on my roof...( they're not being used in the UK anyway) but still...

Neither would I -imagine the eyesore. 5G networks require more transmitter masts than previous technologies, positioned closer to ground level - because the waves travel at shorter distances through urban environments. The benefit of 5G technology is that it can deliver very high speeds, but only over short distances this therefore requires a lot of new base stations. However, what these scientifically illiterate clowns setting fire to them fail to comprehend, is that because there are more transmitters, each one actually runs at lower power levels than previous 4G technology, which means that the level of radiation exposure from 5G antennas will be lower.

Incidentally, known science is not about 'belief'...that would be superstition and conspiracy theory. 

• Like 1