Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Flights still coming in from China, Italy and USA. No checks when they land. I can't understand the strategy, I'm puzzled.

This is what s winding me up, we have been so lackadaisical about many things initially but to continue to have airports open and not test/force quarantine is astonishing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is what s winding me up, we have been so lackadaisical about many things initially but to continue to have airports open and not test/force quarantine is astonishing.

we’re as infectious as anywhere in the world right now .............I imagine most people coming into U.K. airports at the moment are U.K. citizens coming home .......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m interested when all this ends, (because it will end) the data that comes  out of Sweden and Denmark, 2 very contrasting ways of dealing with the virus from 2 neighbors.

I would like to make a not very bold prediction that Denmark comes out of this better than Sweden, and given their earlier intervention, better than most if not all of Europe. Their PM was lauded as reactionary and over the top when she made the decision to shut things down early on. Not so silly anymore. The Swedish approach is borderline suicide, and I didn't expect it from a scandinavian country but I suppose northern Europeans do tend to socially distance quite well even in normal times.

• Like 1

4 people have died at Leicester Hospitals today, with the virus.

Personally knew one of them and saw her occasionally.

Had a history of chest infections since retiring.

Her husband, who has dementia, is self-isolating at home with two carers.

The carers say it's not the "best time" to reveal this sad news to him, as he doesn't really know what's going on currently.

Her name is Maggie Burton.*

*Hope the moderators are ok with me providing her name on here.

Names of the victims have been released publically a few days after their deaths.

Feel free to delete this part of the post, if necessary.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Why political journalists rather than scientific ones are asking the questions in this news cycle is really strange. Peston is making himself look a tit on almost a daily basis now.

This is what happens when a Political Oriented person,tries to contradict any qualified in his field expert,Same at work,with managers,but they are the boss,but Stay knobheads until they retire...

The same in 99% of general media Releases and arguments,they Chase an Agenda instead of First listening,and doing the Real homework...

Journalists of old mostly First reported news,not try und create it..!!!

Its a First of all a  Blame society ,Dont Let facts get in the way...

Then Joe public, soaks up this soap-orientated- life-World Everything but listening to facts ,and truths..!!!

Then again we have become so used to it,that we have become so scrambled,we either debunk or Grasp at conspiracy-theories....

So easy really,because we have become Lazy allowing ourselves to be satisfied,and Content with just the 5 Minute headlines..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sly said:

BBC Question time - “we’re considering giving people a wristband, to signal they’ve had it; and now immune”.

What else happened in contagion, need to know the future...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This must be a joke. Immunity passports.

There are some selfish pricks that couldn't bear the idea of not having 240 rolls of shit rag. I can't see some folks passing the opportunity to abuse this. 

It’s inevitable that whether someone has already had it means people can travel or not in my opinion.

The world needs to restart again at some point, it will obviously be different, but it will happen and until we have a vaccine that is one of the solutions. 

The other solution would be to add an extra layer of security at airports if tech develops a quicker test.

Edit- just read about the passport and it’s not for travel as such but the point still stands.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, bmt said:

Wtf has happened in France 

"including 884 fatalities in nursing homes that occurred over a period of several weeks and that were announced only today. NOTE: If and when the French government determines the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust historical data accordingly"

Seems like they've added all their nursing home deaths in one go.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s inevitable that whether someone has already had it means people can travel or not in my opinion.

The world needs to restart again at some point, it will obviously be different, but it will happen and until we have a vaccine that is one of the solutions. 

The other solution would be to add an extra layer of security at airports if tech develops a quicker test.

Edit- just read about the passport and it’s not for travel as such but the point still stands.

Think this is more 'I've had it so i can work' unless I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

"including 884 fatalities in nursing homes that occurred over a period of several weeks and that were announced only today. NOTE: If and when the French government determines the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust historical data accordingly"

Seems like they've added all their nursing home deaths in one go.

Thanks for this, presumed it included deaths from something else but couldn’t find out why.