Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

He's been a lodestone for the anti-vax conspiracy theorists for a long time now. Now those people have formed some kind of unholy alliance with the "give me freedom or give me death-because-I-have-no-idea-what-death-truly-entails-and-I'm-a-selfish-arse" people and the result is pretty much as you see.

I think the signs from the protesters in the US actually said "give me freedom or give me Covid-19!".

Beggars belief.

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

If anyone is interested in their BMI

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

Mine's 24 so just on the edge of ok although I couldn't put my extra half inch of height in :P

After splitting my work trousers yesterday I know this will be bad, so I'm not going to bother lol 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

After splitting my work trousers yesterday I know this will be bad, so I'm not going to bother lol 

I changed my weight and height so that it showed I wasn't overweight. Quite simple to get around on that site :thumbup:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Fake news.

I haven't quite figured out yet why Bill Gates is getting so much hatred throughout all of this. Of course there's accusations about profiteering but he's been ready for this for a while so he's been able to support a lot of research very quickly. 

Its just another rabbit hole for the 5g twerps.

Do people generally have scales and stuff at home? I cant remember the last time I weighed myself or measured my height in any kind of scientific way. I've got a rough idea of each but that's it. I've seen the machines at the gym but you always have to pay a pound or something which seems a bit muggy to me.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Do people generally have scales and stuff at home? I cant remember the last time I weighed myself or measured my height in any kind of scientific way. I've got a rough idea of each but that's it. I've seen the machines at the gym but you always have to pay a pound or something which seems a bit muggy to me.

I don’t have any scales at home, I haven’t weighed myself since school. You just know if you’re overweight or not, I don’t need a printout.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Those tend to do body fat % as well don't they which is important. A lot of people I know who are really active are technically considered as 'overweight', simply because of the amount of muscle they have. 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t have any scales at home, I haven’t weighed myself since school. You just know if you’re overweight or not, I don’t need a printout.

Different things work for different people I guess. I find if I weigh myself most days it focuses my mind on being good if I'm above the weight I want. If I don't, which I haven't been recently, I gradually gain weight.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That's some quite advanced scales you have there. 

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Different things work for different people I guess. I find if I weigh myself most days it focuses my mind on being good if I'm above the weight I want. If I don't, which I haven't been recently, I gradually gain weight.

This. Also I find you can put on a stone pretty easy and not notice it TOO much. 

So it's good to keep an eye on it

• Like 1

I've not weighed myself in a while but I am definitely not the fattest I've been. I got to around 13 and a half stone a while ago - am not a tall chap - and it worried me. Since then I've definitely started eating healthier. I don't drink or smoke but it's the sedentary lifestyle and sugar that gets me. So lockdown has been a really good opportunity to try and cut that out. Only one can of Coke in the last two weeks and am exercising a few days a week - nothing too strenuous but I've got a punchbag, doing short runs and I started yoga with an app a few months ago.

I prefer the slow and steady school of thought - I'm not trying to shed loads of weight, I just want to be healthy. So I change my lifestyle incrementally and in a way that makes sense for me. If I can get to six months from now and am keeping the sugar intake low while still getting in at least an hour a week of cumulative exercise, I think I'll be in a good place. 

As an aside - I do think people need to be able to talk about weight without being seen as "fat shaming". 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've not weighed myself in a while but I am definitely not the fattest I've been. I got to around 13 and a half stone a while ago - am not a tall chap - and it worried me. Since then I've definitely started eating healthier. I don't drink or smoke but it's the sedentary lifestyle and sugar that gets me. So lockdown has been a really good opportunity to try and cut that out. Only one can of Coke in the last two weeks and am exercising a few days a week - nothing too strenuous but I've got a punchbag, doing short runs and I started yoga with an app a few months ago.

I prefer the slow and steady school of thought - I'm not trying to shed loads of weight, I just want to be healthy. So I change my lifestyle incrementally and in a way that makes sense for me. If I can get to six months from now and am keeping the sugar intake low while still getting in at least an hour a week of cumulative exercise, I think I'll be in a good place. 

As an aside - I do think people need to be able to talk about weight without being seen as "fat shaming". 

Great stuff.

Keep it up mate! You're definitely doing it the right way - slow and steady and trying to build it up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I’ve never really been particularly overweight and neither has the missus. So I guess it’s just not in our mindset to bother with scales.

I tend to eat a lot in one go but I’ll often skip breakfast or lunch without realising. I don’t buy snacks as the kids just obliterate them, I hardly ever buy food whilst I’m out at work. We only really have takeaway’s on payday or someone’s birthday these days. My only major vice is a full English, I’d have one everyday if I could and right now I can lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Great stuff.

Keep it up mate! You're definitely doing it the right way - slow and steady and trying to build it up.

Thanks mate. I tried bingeing and dieting before but it just doesn't work for me. Hoping I lose the taste for the sugar stuff. I did really well a year or so ago cutting it out - to the point where if I had a can of coke it felt rough in my throat - but a stressful spell at work didn't help. Now I just try not to buy them and have more juice/ water. 

• Like 1

Weigh myself every couple of weeks, don't really gain weight or lose it tbh, been the same for about 2-3 years now. I just use some scales off amazon that take AA batteries. Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made, for peace of mind that binge take away eating doesn't make me gain that much weight:D