Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, ithuriel said:

Four dead now in the UK.

More on the fourth UK coronavirus death

Professor Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England, said the patient had been treated at the Royal Wolverhampton Hospital.

The patient, in their 70s, had had underlying health conditions.

"It appears the virus was acquired in the UK and full contact tracing has begun," Mr Whitty said.

Health Minister Matt Hancock confirmed on Monday that there were 319 cases in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Doesn't matter what he does at this point. You've seen people in Italy with no ****s given, riots throughout prisons etc etc. If he said tomorrow shut every public event down, you'd have people complain that it's overreacting, if he does nothing and let's the virus run it's course you'll have people complain it's underreacting. 

Lose/lose situation, as most pandemics are I'd imagine. 

Edit: dunno how I ended up with two quotes. Stupid phone. 

Well, it is? It's a deadly disease as shown so far with how quickly it's spread. It's definitely underreacting.

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Two reasons 1) Higher levels of testing 2) What you said in bold. People are dying elsewhere and not in Germany, their healthcare system is prepared for this.

But they're not testing anymore than the UK or France or certainly Italy and you'd only expect their advantage on beds to make much difference at point of being overwhelmed so again why the disparity with France for example. 

Anyway has just come out they've had two deaths now but still a good record on 1100 cases. 

Also another one for the tinpot experts in our midst, criticising without having any idea what they're on about. Our society is not China or South Korea so the response will be have to be different 

Covid19 forever? Pull yourselves together!

I know it seems strange, but things, they change

Older woman and an older man

Both of them, ones who need a plan

DudodudoduddudoDALALALA

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve just got a bit of concern for the elderly and sick mate, but you’ll be alright so it’s all fine, you are a cold cold man. 👀

A lot will die from this in the UK, there is no doubt about that. I’d say we’ll fair better than most nations though because all British citizens have high level medical access. I’m of course concerned about old people, I have old and medically vulnerable people in my family like most.

Sensationalism in the media is to blame however for the joke we’re seeing in our supermarkets and the obvious fear people are feeling when in reality you’re very very unlikely to even contract this virus, never mind die from it. Economically we’ll suffer, the whole world will.

• Like 1

The young generation are going to Love this..maybe a group of young researchers,found something and like the Stock-exchanges,let it run....

A few of us Winklies biting the dust,with Corona- euthanasia, more Funds available for the future pensions.....Its a kids conpiracy....

I always wonder Why it was difficult to get the kids,to use a handkerchief,or wash their hands.....!!

It seems they have got all their criggy presents,they want...time for Gran n grumps,to Take a ride...

I told my Gran-kids its my birthday this weekend....their giggles laughing  and clapping,  sort of look somewhat more sinister...:unsure:

This seems the most key thing to come out of the press conference with Boris, the chief medical officer and chief scientific advisor.  If the below happens then there will be huge knock on effect for the NHS. Workers in the care industry not able to go to work would almost certainly mean patients currently looked after at home being transfered to hospitals and care homes. We have a 44k shortage of nurses in the NHS so big pressure on nursing staff remaining well.

Taken from the Guardian website.

• Ministers will within a fortnight advise anyone with a fever or a mild respiratory tract infection to stay at home for seven days, Whitty revealed. He said the government was not issuing this advice at present, because the chances of someone with a fever now having coronavirus are very low, he said. But he said that would change very quickly. Soon the number of infections would rise “really quite fast”, he said.

He went on:

We are now very close to the time, probably within the next 10-14 days, when the modelling would imply we should move to a situation where everybody with even minor respiratory tract infections or a fever should be self-isolating for a period of seven days.

This advice is likely to have huge repercussions for workplaces across the country.

Edited by reynard

16 minutes ago, reynard said:

This seems the most key thing to come out of the press conference with Boris, the chief medical officer and chief scientific advisor.  If the below happens then there will be huge knock on effect for the NHS. Workers in the care industry not able to go to work would almost certainly mean patients currently looked after at home being transfered to hospitals and care homes. We have a 44k shortage of nurses in the NHS so big pressure on nursing staff remaining well.

Taken from the Guardian website.

• Ministers will within a fortnight advise anyone with a fever or a mild respiratory tract infection to stay at home for seven days, Whitty revealed. He said the government was not issuing this advice at present, because the chances of someone with a fever now having coronavirus are very low, he said. But he said that would change very quickly. Soon the number of infections would rise “really quite fast”, he said.

He went on:

We are now very close to the time, probably within the next 10-14 days, when the modelling would imply we should move to a situation where everybody with even minor respiratory tract infections or a fever should be self-isolating for a period of seven days.

This advice is likely to have huge repercussions for workplaces across the country.

Why 7 days now, I thought the standard for the rest of the world was 14?

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Why 7 days now, I thought the standard for the rest of the world was 14?

Presumably it's because if you catch coronavirus whilst also suffering from a respiratory tract infection then it could be a lot more serious. I'm guessing the 7 days recommendation is so that the non-coronavirus illness can pass and you're no longer as vulnerable?

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Presumably it's because if you catch coronavirus whilst also suffering from a respiratory tract infection then it could be a lot more serious. I'm guessing the 7 days recommendation is so that the non-coronavirus illness can pass and you're no longer as vulnerable?

Good thinking batman.

The lunacy of stock-piling toilet paper at present seems to be partly because it occupies a lot of space on the supermarket shelves. So when stocks are only slightly down, big gaps appear on the shelves, which triggers an irrational 'I must get some myself before it all disappears' response. Tesco in Syston today had completely empty shelves, and Wilko had almost none left either. Who are these numpties, and are some of them members of this forum?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The lunacy of stock-piling toilet paper at present seems to be partly because it occupies a lot of space on the supermarket shelves. So when stocks are only slightly down, big gaps appear on the shelves, which triggers an irrational 'I must get some myself before it all disappears' response. Tesco in Syston today had completely empty shelves, and Wilko had almost none left either. Who are these numpties, and are some of them members of this forum?

They cant watch Jeremy Kyle so they need something toilet related to occupy their minds I guess.

Stock market is on it's arse.

If it carries on this way my pension will be worth fvck all so Corona might as well come and get me.

• Haha 1