Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

image.png.d560244281e3842045fb36993c7a637f.png

Nice try.

It's worth pointing out that I couldn't find any gov't advice on setting up your own camp, just advice relating to campsites, holiday parks and second homes.

The gov't needs to update the rules to avoid loopholes like this one.

I see your point but the problem is there are so many life scenarios that its almost impossible to make rules and close loopholes for every single circumstance.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

what were they fined for?

they're definitely far enough apart, presumably went walking/biking/hiking in the day so were exercising, and we've been told you can drive as far as possible and spend unlimited amount of time outside?

but NOT stay over night in any place other than your NORMAL living home, its quite simple.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

but NOT stay over night in any place other than your NORMAL living home, its quite simple.

why not? what if i worked nights and on my night off wanted to do some unlimited exercise? 

thought it genuinely said you can spend unlimited amounts of time outdoors? it didn't say we had a curfew for when it went dark? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Well I'm back at work now. Have to say, really impressed with the gaffers response to this now. We've been given about a stack of 20 pages with risk assessments and medical advice on. The place has been scrubbed by professionals top to bottom and will be every few days. We've separated some walkways so you don't have to cross over people. We've all been given masks and cleaning sprays for when we pass a job/drawing/tooling on. And we've left some of the staff who didn't want to come back yet at home. 

Good stuff. Hopefully everyone's gaffers have come to their senses. 

Fair play. Safety and empathy. Onto a good thing! :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The poster you were debating with has been working in an ICU dealing with CV19 patients for two months. 

Probably the only reason he's let it slide. He asked a fair question and got absolutely slated.

I'd agree with what the point in general, but the way it was delivered would have annoyed most people. Absolutely no need for it. As I say though, it was an answer coming from an emotional place, so you can say fair play. I wouldn't make a habit of addressing people that way if I want them to listen to me.

22 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

why not? what if i worked nights and on my night off wanted to do some unlimited exercise? 

thought it genuinely said you can spend unlimited amounts of time outdoors? it didn't say we had a curfew for when it went dark? 

The issue is putting your napper down for the night somewhere other than your normal bed.

If they were running a night marathon for instance it would be ok but as soon as they stop, erect a tent & get the beers out with the intention of sleeping there then it becomes a no.

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

looking at how ridiculously long it’s taken for loss of taste/smell to be added to the symptom list (I mean what was the risk of adding it), maybe the govt weren’t responsible for the slow lockdown in March ....... could it have been SAGE ???

I belong to the so called vulnerable group....

I Don t understand this news,only coming out now on BBC,or some other UK media....or am I misunderstanding/missing something

This was mentioned on Science/Health organisations,and picked up by UK & European TV outlets as Early as the beginning of April..I

Its being reported that somehow its a new or only  recent information...:dunno:

The personification of the disease as a tangible enemy and comparisons with the war have annoyed me since the early stages and continues to irk me with every passing comment, the most recent of which being Lord Ashcroft's bizarre ramblings.

Not to mention the below picture that has been gobbled up by the usual mob. I know I should let this sort of nonsense fly over my head, but JESUS WEPT. 

pdN2fprW?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

looking at how ridiculously long it’s taken for loss of taste/smell to be added to the symptom list (I mean what was the risk of adding it), maybe the govt weren’t responsible for the slow lockdown in March ....... could it have been SAGE ???

Shit ! 

My Mrs has no taste 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I belong to the so called vulnerable group....

I Don t understand this news,only coming out now on BBC,or some other UK media....or am I misunderstanding/missing something

This was mentioned on Science/Health organisations,and picked up by UK & European TV outlets as Early as the beginning of April..I

Its being reported that somehow its a new or only  recent information...:dunno:

I think it’s been widely accepted that loss of smell and taste is a symptom, just not in the UK. I think it’s being reported exactly as the government advice is  ow acknowledging it as a symptom. 

Was the one lingering symptom for me. I lost my sense of smell for a good 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

I think it’s been widely accepted that loss of smell and taste is a symptom, just not in the UK. I think it’s being reported exactly as the government advice is  ow acknowledging it as a symptom. 

Was the one lingering symptom for me. I lost my sense of smell for a good 2 weeks.

Perhaps no bad thing if you live up to your user name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

Perhaps no bad thing if you live up to your user name.

There’s a post in here some time around late March stating how my girlfriend thought I’d shat myself and I couldn’t smell a thing 😂

• Haha 3

Well someone finally asked a question that interests me and the answer was a massive disappointment haha

The first question is from a member of the public, Danny from Bury.

He asks when ministers will set out a roadmap to restore the economic "wellbeing" of the country "beyond the pandemic" and wants to know what has been discussed and decided by the government.

There has been a lot of discussion how ministers will pay for the billions in spending on virus programmes and emergency support for business, including speculation over possible tax rises.

Mr Raab is tight-lipped in his answer, saying the government has a number of options at its disposal but is not prepared to do anything that would risk the UK "stumbling" in its response.

Still don’t get the facts behind testing. The government reckon they’re testing 100000  people per day and today announced anyone over the age of 5 and showing symptoms can have a test. No way in a million years do we have a minimum of 100000 people a day showing symptoms. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well someone finally asked a question that interests me and the answer was a massive disappointment haha

A good question but the answer is impossible. So many variables change economic expectations imo.

1 hour ago, Wet Trump said:

There’s a post in here some time around late March stating how my girlfriend thought I’d shat myself and I couldn’t smell a thing 😂

surely smell shouldn't be the only clue that one has shat oneself?

• Haha 1