Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Filip Benkovic to Bristol City (loan)

Think Jutkiewicz gets a bit fortunate there to be honest. Takes a weird bounce and somehow he gets a touch on it to throw Benkovic off balance.

It's exactly why we've sent him down there though - to get this experience and learn against tough, challenging opposition in a competitive league. 

• Like 1

Hahah Jutkiewicz turning into Messi there with that ridiculous touch and turn. Could have dealt with it better before that but as many have said, he's well short of match fitness/sharpness. 

Hopefully he can get his head down, get some game time and show them that he's a class act.

Last time I saw Jutkiewicz play he looked the roughest, toughest, most physical player I'd seen - the worst proposition for a match-rusty Benkovic to deal with. Must have been a real shock to Benkovic. He might also be in need of building up his strength.

We need to give the lad a few games to adjust before we start to assess him. Hope the Bristol City manager has the patience to give him a few starts.

26 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Last time I saw Jutkiewicz play he looked the roughest, toughest, most physical player I'd seen - the worst proposition for a match-rusty Benkovic to deal with. Must have been a real shock to Benkovic. He might also be in need of building up his strength.

We need to give the lad a few games to adjust before we start to assess him. Hope the Bristol City manager has the patience to give him a few starts.

I'm not sure if he will though as in all honesty defence is not their biggest issue (4 clean sheets on the bounce before last night). Unless they go to a 3 more often or there are injuries / suspensions. 

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Think Jutkiewicz gets a bit fortunate there to be honest. Takes a weird bounce and somehow he gets a touch on it to throw Benkovic off balance.

It's exactly why we've sent him down there though - to get this experience and learn against tough, challenging opposition in a competitive league. 

Thought he should have started, then I remembered he's been playing in the development squad, not that there's anything wrong with that to be fair but the championship - WOW. Any Leicester fan that forgets it's the most competitive league in the world... That's a great loan for both clubs right there. 

Give it time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Yes, it's going to be a make or break learning curve for him I think. Whatever the quality of Celtic or even Rangers may be, the rest of the teams in that division are nowhere near the quality of what he's going to face in the Championship, arguably they're Division 1 standard at best. If he's not shining there by the end of his loan period or if he spends much of it injured, I doubt he'll be with us much longer. I wish him all the best. 

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not sure what he was doing there for the Derby goal...

To be fair if you rewatch it, he follows his man into the box as he should, the left back is really badly out of position and the midfielder doesn't follow Waghorn in

Williams misses his header as well which probably but Benkovic off

https://streamja.com/a1Lq