Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

Good effort for 80 minutes, last 10 minutes we were chasing shadows and looked like a pub team.

Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Evans and Fuchs were brilliant on numerous occasions, just a shame we went to pot in the last 10 minutes.

Negatives for me were the performances of Chilwell, Tielemans and Maddison, all three have been bang average too often recently.

• Like 2

The team’s slide in performance this 2020 has coincided with Ndidi being out of the team. Rodgers made a mistake rushing him back so soon after his knee surgery! 

But Praet can play - start him in his position and after Ndidi’s return start him instead of Tielemans or Maddison. Both have been poor of late and needs a break.

25 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No offence mate but when you support the manager at what ever club he is at I’m not surprised losing doesn’t bother you

The long term view of this club is of the most importance to me. Where we'll be next year when we're in the Champions League.

The way and the intensity we played at showed what's possible here. I feed off match's like this because they fill me with hope.

You must of felt that energy. The pressing. The Work Rate.

The way I felt when I watched Athletico and Liverpool enter the Stadium this week in the Champions League. I want that for us. This is going to happen here.

Edited by SO1

I wish Barnes's pressing was better. I appreciate he is a lot bigger than Perez, so he will never deliver that workrate, but he only did 45 minutes today. Harvey is a good player, and if Vardy's passing was on point he would have had more chances, but he must do his utmost to help the press when it is on.

I thought Kasper had a great game apart from the odd bit of distribution. Kelachi was good as well, and I think the tactics worked much better.

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

The team’s slide in performance this 2020 has coincided with Ndidi being out of the team. Rodgers made a mistake rushing him back so soon after his knee surgery! 

But Praet can play - start him in his position and after Ndidi’s return start him instead of Tielemans or Maddison. Both have been poor of late and needs a break.

At least Maddison looks decent against teams outside of the top 8.

• Haha 1

I cant Think of One VAR indescision, where the officials have got it right...and incompetence or corruption outweighs,any of the Good descisions,because

the officials Simply cant be honest...and there is no discussion,they are inept and are Not adding to the game....

We weren't that bad GTBF. VAR is shit and is ruining the game. That said, the Edison incident was not a deliberate attempt to harm or fouyl Ieanacho. Watching the slo-mo replays, the goalkeeper got his hands to the ball and the follow through was unavoidable. KDB, however was a direct handball. I cant understand why they got a penalty when we didn't, given that the circumstances were almost identical. I don't go in for conspiracy theories BTW. it's not a vendetta against us or Wolves or Sheffield. It's poor refereeing. The ref today was absolute dogshit.

• Like 1

Maddison has been anonymous for weeks now,what was our best asset is now our weakness (central midfield)  

Iheanacho going off was annoying as we seemingly looked capable of creating openings with him and Vardy alternating the forward play. Vardy was isolated 2nd half and we barely created anything.

VAR so inconsistent tonight and I felt we needed some luck on our side to get a result and unfortunately we didn't get any, how neither of those penalties were awarded to us is beyond me.

Huge next 4-5 games for us, need to wi  at least 3 of them really to alleviate the notion that we could still mess this up. But firstly let's get the first win under our belt on Friday and build from there.