Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

First half was decent. Should have had at least one pen. Tactics and formation worked well.

Second half we weren't good enough. The midfield weren't at it like in the first period. Maddison was very quiet in the second half, and Tielemans looks poor. He looks like he wants too much time on the ball, and seems to lack any anticipation to intercept or when he's about to be tackled. Looks almost like he is unfit. 

Thought Praet and Fuchs were good, possibly give Fuchs motm. 

Ihenacho was taken out and must have been subbed for that reason. A big shame as we didn't have the same ideas linking up play after. 

Vardy must have had more touches than recently, and should have scored in the first half. But doesn't look at it like pre Christmas. It's quite worrying I'd say. 

Bringing on Perez that late was ridiculous. Should have gone more offensive minute they scored. Absolutely pointless substitution. 

We don't get enough points against the big sides. We must pick up more points against those around us. One win against all the bigger clubs, that being Spurs at home. 

Away to Norwich next and need a decent performance and a positive result

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s the attitude 

lets start the game defeated because they are Man City 

The match is over or didn't you notice.

Guest An Sionnach

Looking much better defensively , even without Wilf, so that is encouraging . Need more dynamism in midfield though and you will not get it from Youri. Every striker option must be employed , even the U23s , can't live in hope that Jamie is going to get it together any time soon.

Vardy's hold up play has gone to pot, it's usually one of his strengths, brings others around him into play, but tonight it was either a poor first touch, or a pass straight to the opposition!

2 minutes ago, mannyzlcfc said:

Perhaps we need to learn how to play the tactical foul game, Noway should Marhez have run that far with the ball....

But the refs never fail to call our “tactical” fouls. 

Have to re-check the league rules, but I believe only Man City and Liverpool are permitted to do so this season.

• Like 1

Just now, TWUKO said:

Vardy's hold up play has gone to pot, it's usually one of his strengths, brings others around him into play, but tonight it was either a poor first touch, or a pass straight to the opposition!

I don't think it's ever been a particular strength of his

How we didn't get a peno in the first half is baffling considering they gave one up the other end for the exact same offence, and then the blatant smash into Nacho could easily have been given as well.

The officiating is scandalous, cheating bunch of cvnts when we looked like we was on the attack he would pull up something ridiculous. 

regarding our performance I thought we did well overall we had a few good chances to score and managed to contain them until right at the end.

• Like 2

Not going to comment again on VAR because I'll get really pissed off.

Gutted by the result, encouraged somewhat by the performance.

If we can get back to our levels in the run in we'll finish top 4 no problem, but we need to start winning again and fast.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

How we didn't get a peno in the first half is baffling considering they gave one up the other end for the exact same offence, and then the blatant smash into Nacho could easily have been given as well.

The officiating is scandalous, cheating bunch of cvnts when we looked like we was on the attack he would pull up something ridiculous. 

regarding our performance I thought we did well overall we had a few good chances to score and managed to contain them until right at the end.

Yeah they looked largely clueless until the goal, had the one good chance after ours at the start but I'm struggling to think of much else from open play.

Was a good match until Nacho went off,  for me Perez should have replaced  him not Barnes . I know Barnes has been in form but he really  lacks any pressing or defending from the front something Vardy and Nacho were doing first half . As per usual the big club Got nearly  all the decisions some Of them very baffling and what blind person was on VAR duty

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Thing is, neither pen was given by the on field official, so VAR does at least increase the chance of those things being given, even if it didn’t on this occasion.

getting rid of VAR doesn’t solve anything 

But you've just said that without VAR, Man City would have not got a pen - while it didn't, however, give us a pen for pretty much the same incident. 

So I fail to see your point, I'm afraid. 

What you say only seems to strengthen my point, which is that VAR has a weird tendency to increase the potential for giving bigger clubs the edge.

I'm personally not a believer in a Prem conspiracy - but I can increasingly see how the evidence is mounting up for that case. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

We need to get off the backs of the young 'uns, they'll come good, but they do need time to get experience, build stamina, physique and improve their footballing brain. 

You can win things with kids and we're on the way to doing it. Chill the fuch out everyone.

Well said! 👏

I hate reading this place after a loss - there’s too much blame placed on everyone but ourselves 

we lost  - we might have eeked out a point if we hadn’t tired quite so much but that’s what these top sides do to you ...

and the conspiracy theories ..... it’s just inept officiating .... nothing has really changed, irrespective of the VAR ....

• Like 3

The problem with referring decisions I'd consistency. It is all over the place and it's not down to the referee OR VAR, it's the rules themselves. 

There are so many ways that hand ball and offside can be interpreted that makes consistency impossible. The rules need refreshed to make VAR relevant. 

Right now, if the ball hits an attacking hand in the lead up to a goal, its immediately chalked off. This is clear cut. It is easy to uphold so why not do it the other way? If it hits a hand, it's a foul. No ball to hand, no natural position. Clear cut and easy to uphold. 

Fookin hell I feel exhausted after watching that.

Thought we set up correctly and played really well. Unfortunately we conceded a really tired goal, we had plenty of players back seven I believe against Mahrez and Jesus and we looked too fcuked to summon up a challenge.

It looks like JV has finally lost a yard of pace he is still a great player and not quite back to his best yet,but he will be.

Truly bizarre decision made over the KDB handball.made you feel it wasn't going to be our day, and that proved to be the case.