Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fuchs to Be Given New Contract

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well deserved IMO, he plays at a high whenever selected despite his age and lack of game time. Additionally he’s looked comfortable as a CB, LB and LWB and has European experience. 

I wonder what he will do when he’s finished playing football? I suspect his business enterprises indicate he’ll go into that area but Fuchs is intelligent and charismatic and could make a good manager. 

Would make a good pundit.

• Like 1

I'll be honest last year I was very skeptical about him getting a new deal given his constant chat about going to America in the past. Was also unsure if his legs would keep going at this level.

However he's proven himself a reliable option in replacement or off the bench. Frankly I would even presently have him above Chilwell in the pecking order given the respective form of the two this season.

Club legend. One of the Immortals. All round top bloke. Delighted if he stays another year.

Zero Fuchs Given.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, he must really hate New York.

"Yes dear, I know I said... but the boss...  no, I didn't categorically promi... can't rely on Ben... of course I could play for the Jets... Erm, anyway, I've been working on a book..."

17939361._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Top bloke but it's more evidence of a disturbing lack of ambition.

Nothing wrong with keeping reliable fringe players at the club. It's what Fergie's long term success was built on. Knowing that he could call on Butt, O'Shea, Brown etc and play them even out of position and they'd still turn out a 7/10 performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I don't think this has got anything to do with ambition. He's a squad player. A decent one at that.

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Pretty much agree with this. I love him to bits but I'd rather we let him move on with our blessings and get a left back who we can rely on to really challenge Chilwell for his place, or potentially replace him. 

• Like 1

With Europe a possibility it's more than likely we'll need players like James,Fuchs and Amartey to get on the pitch during the League Cup/FA cup.

Fuchs is still very useful for us. He'd be foolish to turn it down. Money for ol' rope. Come on Christian y'know it makes sense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Would make a good pundit.

I love Fuchs to death, but I'm not sure hes quite as good with a mic as his social media might suggest.

I heard him deliver an incredibly dull interview on radio 5 about his e sports thing a few months back. I was taken aback at how dull it was. Maybe it was the subject matter.

Edited by Paninistickers
Typo