Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fuchs to Be Given New Contract

27 minutes ago, shen said:

It must be a hard decision for him if he chooses to stay, that is for sure. If it means he can secure his family's financial future, then I'd understand the temptation to do that. But missing out on time with the family, especially during these challenging times, must be tough.

I think his financial future is just fine lol

I suppose it's the worry of looking back in 5 years time and potentially wishing he continued playing at the highest level for as long as he could that's stopping him leaving.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shen said:

It must be a hard decision for him if he chooses to stay, that is for sure. If it means he can secure his family's financial future, then I'd understand the temptation to do that. But missing out on time with the family, especially during these challenging times, must be tough.

Most top sportsmen would like to stay at the highest level possible for as long as possible. He won't miss out on spending time with his family as much as the average working class man especially because he will be able to retire years before. So I hardly think he's missing out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I suppose it's the worry of looking back in 5 years time and potentially wishing he continued playing at the highest level for as long as he could that's stopping him leaving.

We don't really know his financial situation. He's got other businesses and projects which may need capital injections, especially during this pandemic.
Sure, he might be well off, but Fuchs strikes me as a calculating person and an extra year with PL wages will definitely be attractive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Personally, the potential of wishing you'd seen your children grow up as much as you could would outweigh that for most people I think though.

I think we offer him the contract and let him decide for himself. But I don't think anyone would blame him for leaving to be with his family, He's been an incredible player for us, a Leicester legend and will I'm sure be cheered whenever he comes back if he comes back for a job, media/punditry work or just dragged out at half-time by the Birch in 5 years time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Most top sportsmen would like to stay at the highest level possible for as long as possible. He won't miss out on spending time with his family as much as the average working class man especially because he will be able to retire years before. So I hardly think he's missing out. 

I don't think Fuchs is comparing himself to the average working class man. And I don't think the average man lives in a different country to his kids anyway.
He will have the luxury of choosing and I know plenty of father's who regret not having spent more time with their children during the formative years. We're no longer living in the 60s and 70s where this was an alien concept to a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Personally, the potential of wishing you'd seen your children grow up as much as you could would outweigh that for most people I think though.

I think we offer him the contract and let him decide for himself. But I don't think anyone would blame him for leaving to be with his family, He's been an incredible player for us, a Leicester legend and will I'm sure be cheered whenever he comes back if he comes back for a job, media/punditry work or just dragged out at half-time by the Birch in 5 years time.

Alas, we do not know.

He could be like me and fvcking hate children and him staying here could well be his escape :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, shen said:

I don't think Fuchs is comparing himself to the average working class man. And I don't think the average man lives in a different country to his kids anyway.
He will have the luxury of choosing and I know plenty of father's who regret not having spent more time with their children during the formative years. We're no longer living in the 60s and 70s where this was an alien concept to a lot of people.

He's also not separated from them as much as you think really.

He goes there on international breaks, obviously the off season and they are in the UK any time they are off school and he cannot be there. 

The school holidays equate to around 15 weeks of the calendar year in the US.

It would seem manageable from afar. He probably sees them more days in the year than a divorced man in the UK seeing their kid every other weekend...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

He's also not separated from them as much as you think really.

He goes there on international breaks, obviously the off season and they are in the UK any time they are off school and he cannot be there. 

The school holidays equate to around 15 weeks of the calendar year in the US.

It would seem manageable from afar. He probably sees them more days in the year than a divorced man in the UK seeing their kid every other weekend...

That may be so, but here it is a choice to not be with them 52 weeks a year. I doubt most fathers would choose to see their kids less, unless they are @Nod.E ;) Also, this pandemic and all the restrictions, lockdowns, bubbles and what not will have only highlighted the distance I'd imagine.

I reckon we'll offer him another year but allow him some extra time off throughout the season when he's not playing (nothing major just the odd few days or week) so he is able to go and see his family on a couple of extra occasions. He's been great when playing this season, if he wanted to I'm sure he could definitely play for another 12 months, plus his experience is valuable, but this could be his last season here sadly, I guess we'll find out in a few months.

51 minutes ago, shen said:

He bought that place to convert into a soccer training centre in the US. I bet that has sucked up a big chunk of dough, and an extra couple of years of footy is making him relatively easy money for the future security of that business.

I think it must be hard for them all, but when he is playing a lot and winning, it must feel like a smart decision.

• Like 1

I admit Fuchs has shown me more gas in the tank than I thought he had, all the more as he's had to play so often, though it's clear he's better as a CB in a three than a fullback at this stage of his career.  If he wants to stay another year it'd be nuts not to let him do it.

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He bought that place to convert into a soccer training centre in the US. I bet that has sucked up a big chunk of dough, and an extra couple of years of footy is making him relatively easy money for the future security of that business.

I think it must be hard for them all, but when he is playing a lot and winning, it must feel like a smart decision.

My guess is this would make him strongly consider reupping for one more season.  New York, where it's located, has been one of the stricter US states in terms of dealing Covid so my guess is that business has to be off by quite a bit. And the way he's playing right now, it would be great for him to sign another deal.

I'm happy to admit I didn't want him to stay for this season. He looked shot and poor in almost every appearance for us last season IMO, but he's been a revelation at LCB this! I still don't think he has the legs or mobility to play LB in a four any more, but wow, what a run he's had!  

I had similar feelings about Morgan & Albrighton too. Both, like Fuchs, look much happier in the 343 we're currently playing.

• Like 1