Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brooksy

Birmingham Pre Match

Hopefully we do remain strong with the team selection.

It's a good opportunity to try and re-boot the form and line up that's taken us to third, albeit perhaps a couple of tweaks.

Schmeichel 

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi 

Perez Maddison Tielemans Barnes

Iheanacho

Iheanacho to get to grips as the lone striker.

Ndidi to build his recovery momentum, but don't break him.

Vardy and Ricardo on the bench, hopefully we won't need them. 

On current form Chilwell should have a break, but surely this is a game he can attempt at finding his foot again., surely?

It's sad, but I see the most exciting thing about this game is looking forward to seeing Jude Bellingham play. 

Play our strongest team and go all out. Our confidence is completely shot so a big win and performance is needed. In preseason we played plenty of lower league opposition to build up a winning habit and I feel it worked out well. 

All that said, given our current form nothing can be taken for granted and I expect a tough game!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Play our strongest team and go all out. Our confidence is completely shot so a big win and performance is needed. In preseason we played plenty of lower league opposition to build up a winning habit and I feel it worked out well. 

All that said, given our current form nothing can be taken for granted and I expect a tough game!

Thinking the same as I work just outside Birmingham I’ve colleagues who support all from the Area the Vile fans have been taking the Pi55 on our Semi Final loss and it would be pretty Fuched up for not only stick from the Vile but also the Blue Noses  if we were not to win this one, Hoping Vardy is fit for Brendan to finally realise Perez is not a winger for Maddison to wake up and the team to Gel as they did for the 0-9 V Southampton I’m not asking for another 9-0 but for us to put out another quality performance like we all know they are capable of ?

So hoping for a Leicester 3-0 win get the confidence back in time to Spank the Vile following Monday !!

COME ON YOU GLORIOUS FOXES !!

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Ricardo

Praet

Tielemans

Justin

Barnes

Perez

Iheanacho

Looks about right , Chilwell and Maddison need a firm reminder to up their games. Hirst on the bench for me its time he was given an opportunity , 30 mins. to start with.

The negativity seems to have gone a bit over the top. I hear that these have been looking very tired in the last couple of matches due to their small squad, they tend to concede quite a few anyway. As long as we play at a decent pace I think we will put 3 or 4 past them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Ricardo

Praet

Tielemans

Justin

Barnes

Perez

Iheanacho

I'd be happy to rest Ricardo for Villa, have Justin in his place and Fuchs at LWB. 

Then Bennett at CB. 

Would like to see how Perez does centrally too. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd be happy to rest Ricardo for Villa, have Justin in his place and Fuchs at LWB. 

Then Bennett at CB. 

Would like to see how Perez does centrally too. 

I agree, only reason why I picked him at LWB is in the hope he plays well and then keeps Chilwell out. If he plays instead of Ricardo, he will not keep his place. Either way he will hopefully play.

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We'll beat ****ing Birmingham City at home for god's sake. Stop wetting your knickers all.

Birmingham are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions

Six wins, one on pens, seven draws, including the last four.

But they won just once in the previous 12 league games before that (D4 L7)

Wes Harding, who plays RB/CB for them, is a Leicester lad. Went to primary school (Folville) with my daughter.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

is this on TV anywhere? 

You need to download the app "Live Soccer TV" as this tells you what the live TV listings and international coverage are for all games.

There are numerous broadcasts around the globe...but not in the UK (i.e. not BBC, SKY or BT). 

Edited by ultrafox
  • Thanks 1

Rest Vardy and Ndidi 1 more game because hes going to be critical in the premier league run.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Perez     Praet     Tielemens    Barnes

Madders

Iheanacho

• Like 2

I'm unsure as part of me thinks a few need to be dropped/rested but also a win would boost confidence massively which is needed before the villa game. I think Madders needs to put back to pushing forward and not played so deep. Praet definitely should have a place as he deserves it and can deliver a killer pass. I think Kasper needs to play. I'm unsure with Chilly. Part of me thinks he needs resting and extra coaching and care as his head has gone and his confidence is shot but a win may help this so playing him may help? He was better against Chelsea and you could see how his goal visibly lifted him. Glad it's not my decision 😁

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Rest Vardy and Ndidi 1 more game because hes going to be critical in the premier league run.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Perez     Praet     Tielemens    Barnes

Madders

Iheanacho

Happy to start with this.  We don’t play until the following Monday so no need to rest anyone apart from those carrying injuries.  There is an international break at the end of the month as well.

Have Vards, Wilf and either Fuchs or Bennet on the bench to allow us to mix it up if necessary but don’t leave it too long.

Anyone know how ticket sales are going?  They are bringing 6k apparently so we will need to be loud.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Get the feeling if Ayoze is stuck out wide again he and Rodgers are going to fall out.

I think we're going to see us go 3-4-1-2 for the foreseeable future and it will be a variation of Vardy and Iheanacho, Perez or Barnes as the front 2 and maybe 1 of Barnes or Perez playing behind the 2 if Tielemans or Maddison get dropped (both a possibility for being dog muck of late)

• Like 1