Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

So he doesn't come back till Sydney FC away?

Nah Sydney have had another COVID outbreak, better wait until Perth Glory away, it will be much warmer too. Maybe we could get Prague moved to a neutral venue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good thing with Justin's form is that we shouldn't feel the need to do something daft like start Ricardo in -5 weather in Ukraine again.

Give him 10/15 minutes off the bench here and there until we can start to worry about starting him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

For some reason I always remember that it was Matt Targett that injured him even though I've been told numerous times that it wasn't... I must have dreamt it 

Targett committed a series of egregious fouls that might have had some intent but did no real harm to the player whereas the Grealish and Riccy incident didn’t look that serious at the time ( as I remember it)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Targett committed a series of egregious fouls that might have had some intent but did no real harm to the player whereas the Grealish and Riccy incident didn’t look that serious at the time ( as I remember it)

Ahh, well at least I'm not going insane haha, cheers! 

On 03/01/2021 at 00:42, Osavo said:

Agreed, Ricardo is quite frankly one of the best RBs around. Imo, the best in the league. 

But we cannot underestimate Justin's contribution to this team, he is a serious player. I don't think Ricardo returning should necessarily displace him, he's earnt his place and Ricky should have to win his place back. As much as I love RickyP, Justin has secured that spot for a reason and its his to lose. Another superb signing by the club.

I seriously think you could play them both when he returns.

Ricardo and JJ on one side of the pitch and Barnes and Castagne on the other. The amount of pace there'll have most teams' knees knocking... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zealot said:

Ricardo and JJ on one side of the pitch and Barnes and Castagne on the other. The amount of pace there'll have most teams' knees knocking... 

I know he's good but he's not a winger, playing defenders high up in place of genuine attackers is a bad idea and usually results in nil. Ricardo's best attribute was attacking from deep with space to run into. There's less chance to do that if he's played further up the pitch, the position also wouldn't come naturally which is another problem.

Also I think JJ is better on the left. Castagne can fill in when either needs a rest unless we go to the dreaded back five 🙄

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I know he's good but he's not a winger, playing defenders high up in place of genuine attackers is a bad idea and usually results in nil. Ricardo's best attribute was attacking from deep with space to run into. There's less chance to do that if he's played further up the pitch, the position also wouldn't come naturally which is another problem.

Also I think JJ is better on the left. Castagne can fill in when either needs a rest unless we go to the dreaded back five 🙄

But castagne is a better player than JJ...why would he be benched

• Like 3

We need to know what JJ's ceiling is. He's getting better and better as an attacking threat, as well as his all round defensive game and he could be a world beater if he continues this upward trajectory. 

His next step will be to score more goals and cause havoc like RP does with his runs inside. JJ has got all of the physical attributes but he's hasn't quite got that magic that RP posseses where he glides past people as if they weren't there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

For some reason I always remember that it was Matt Targett that injured him even though I've been told numerous times that it wasn't... I must have dreamt it 

Targett should have been sent off for a bloody ridiculous challenge on him in the reverse fixture when we hammered them at Villa Park, maybe that's stuck?

• Like 3