Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Targett should have been sent off for a bloody ridiculous challenge on him in the reverse fixture when we hammered them at Villa Park, maybe that's stuck?

Yeah I think it might be that... studs to the knee near the sideline?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don’t see what all the confusion is about. 🤷🏻‍♂️
He had a bad injury. He recovered, played in a reserve match or two, and then in the Europa match. He picked up another injury (very common whilst coming back from a bad injury, as parts of the body over compensate, whilst original injury heals).
He’s not yet ready to return from second injury, but it looks like he’s making good progress.

What’s the issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

....can he get back to where he was..that is the question a lot of people are asking, but afraid of the answer!!!

I would love to see him back and to his best, but only time will tell. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and we all want to know that, for him, this time he will come out on the right side.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

WHY IS HE OUT THERE IN MINUS CONDITIONS!!!! :ph34r:

2AC1942D-C946-4F67-8C85-774FCD1CA2C5.jpeg

He isn’t out, the new training ground has a football pitch sized cryo chamber. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Does today help you see why JJ should be at left back ahead of Castagne? Ricardo and Tim to fight it out for RB.

No. Not really. Until Riccy proves himself I think it’s gonna be Castagne and JJ. Some work to be done by riccy

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

No. Not really. Until Riccy proves himself I think it’s gonna be Castagne and JJ. Some work to be done by riccy

Completely agree. He isnt walking back in, others form means we can be patient and give him minutes. Would imagine he'll get time off bench building up match fitness and in truth may not just be a RWB or RB if required.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

People laughed about it for ages. But seriously do we have a better option right now when everyone is fully fit than playing Ricky as an attacking right mid? 

I think the difference before was that we didn't have someone else good enough to fill in at RB. JJ's improvement and form now makes it a possibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Can’t believe he will return the same player, it’s a horrific injury he had, I fear we have seen the best of him 

He might lose a bit of pace but I always thought his game was more around the footballing intelligence and ability to play into the space. Hopeful that when he returns, he will be close to the player he was pre-injury