Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

So looking forward to having him back - in that fine line between desperately wanting him in the starting line up again vs not rushing him back. We forget how important a weapon he is in our attacking play - directly creating chances/space for the central midfielders/giving us another dimension - welcome back Ricky P

On 29/11/2020 at 11:23, Collymore said:

I think you need to be careful how you use the word "we"

I've witnessed @Ric Flair play a 46% fit Joachim in the world cup final who then fired England to glory on Champ Man back in 2002. 

Unbelievable that was from Joachim, just couldn't leave the lad out and he did the rest.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Can anyone sum up how he played? i didn’t get to watch the full game as my stream was so bad and the boys were acting up..

He didn't really commit to anything and was a bit stand off ish which is understandable given its his first game back. Nothing to really note on his performance imo. 

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Twice i was expecting him to overlap for Ubder but he held back. Decent 45 min for him though.

Same. I did like those intelligent balls inside that he is so good at playing when the opposition expect him to either go on the outside himself or play the ball a long the flank to the winger. We've missed that style of attack.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shailen said:

He didn't really commit to anything and was a bit stand off ish which is understandable given its his first game back. Nothing to really note on his performance imo. 

..much the same as I said in the U23s!!!

There were times in the U23s where he tried to use his speed to close down or extricate from an unfavourable position but it seems no matter how much he tried he could not get the acceleration that he wanted. For him that is a basic part of his game that he uses to his advantage and if he cannot generate the pace he once had then it is going to be a mental block to everything that he does.

Early days though, but you do notice his reluctance to commit to a tackle and not go to the floor.

• Like 1

Quote from Brendan on club site article:

"We’re awaiting on a scan for that, but it’s nothing too serious because he played on for the remainder of the half.”

ya - if there’s one thing we all know it’s that Riccy P continuing to play on rules out serious injury ::biggest eye roll emoji ever::

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t say this lightly, and I don’t want to completely throw my toys out the pram so I’ll be considered in my response.....but we’re a complete joke 

Why are we ? He’s completed 8 months rehab had an u23 hame and it’s a completely different injury . 

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Why are we ? He’s completed 8 months rehab had an u23 hame and it’s a completely different injury . 

I was trying to be funny. 

2 injuries to two of the players coming back from injury in the same night is some ****ing luck though. I remember when our injury record was unbelievable but those days have certainly been and gone. 

23 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Quote from Brendan on club site article:

"We’re awaiting on a scan for that, but it’s nothing too serious because he played on for the remainder of the half.”

ya - if there’s one thing we all know it’s that Riccy P continuing to play on rules out serious injury ::biggest eye roll emoji ever::

Ndidi played on and missed two months.

28 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Seem to remember this was a problem when Rodgers was at Liverpool, players re-injuring on comeback 

What you trying to imply? That it's Rodgers forcing players back to earlier? 

Edited by goose2010