Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

People laughed about it for ages. But seriously do we have a better option right now when everyone is fully fit than playing Ricky as an attacking right mid? 

I think we will definitely see it at some point. Who knows how good it will work out but id definitely be interested to see it. 

JJ and Timmy have both been brilliant this season, but I think people are forgetting just how good Riccy was. Whether he comes back the same is another question, but part of his effectiveness was making the runs with the ball at his feet from deep, which I feel would be limited by him starting higher up.

However as others are pointing out, the form of JJ is making this more of a serious possibility. As excellent as Albrighton has been in recent weeks, the RW spot is still the one that is the most obvious spot we could improve.

If Under can't get fit or BR doesnt fancy him for whatever reason, I certainly wouldn't be against seeing him line up there with JJ at RB and Timmy at LB.

However if it's a case of picking 2 out the 3 for the fullback spots, Riccy tops the list for me and then the question is who plays out of JJ and Castagne. I can't get over how much JJ has improved this season. It's a very nice problem to have.

• Like 4

Cant wait to have him back. What a brilliant position to have him available in the next few weeks, despite how well jj and timmy have done. Personally the only real way we get them all in the team is having 3atb, jj in the back 3 and him continuing to attack in the same way sheff u did last season with overlapping cbs. It would allow us so much flexibility and jj is very adept (along with little wes) to step out and join the attack. With madders/praet as an inverted forward, that would also work very well as would allow riccy and jj a lot of space to attack into. 

On 09/01/2021 at 23:45, Tom12345 said:

Ricardo is one of the top 3 full backs in Europe, together with Trent Alexander Arnold and Andrew Robertson. He is definitely first choice for us if fit.

What is latest status with his injury?

Good shout at a top 3, but Alphonso Davies is for sure one of the top 3 in Europe and arguably better than all 3 you’ve named.

I’m sure there are other outstanding FBs too. We don’t need to make hyperbolic claims for Ricky. He’s comfortably one of the best half dozen in the PL, and very probably one of the best 10-12 in the world. And the best we’ve ever had at Leicester. With apologies to David Nish (and Andy Feeley).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Good shout at a top 3, but Alphonso Davies is for sure one of the top 3 in Europe and arguably better than all 3 you’ve named.

I’m sure there are other outstanding FBs too. We don’t need to make hyperbolic claims for Ricky. He’s comfortably one of the best half dozen in the PL, and very probably one of the best 10-12 in the world. And the best we’ve ever had at Leicester. With apologies to David Nish (and Andy Feeley).

Not a patch on Alan Rogers to be fair

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Pre injury, Ricardo was the best right back in the premier league. The only two other full backs who were in his league were Robertson and Trent. Can’t comment on other leagues. 

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Another example of arrogance from fans of the so-called top 6 clubs. There’s probably fans of Chelsea, Man City etc that actually think they have a chance of signing him for 30m. 

Well when you consider that for some reason we only got 50 mill for Chilwell (23 years old, on a long contract & an established England international), when we should have got much more, I wouldn't rule out anything regarding Ricky. We seem a bit of a soft touch when it comes to selling to the "so called big 6"

17 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Well when you consider that for some reason we only got 50 mill for Chilwell (23 years old, on a long contract & an established England international), when we should have got much more, I wouldn't rule out anything regarding Ricky. We seem a bit of a soft touch when it comes to selling to the "so called big 6"

We've sold two players for £135m and counting (assuming add-ons still to kick in) recently.

Prior to that Kante for £30m (buy out was £20m.

Drinkwater for £35m.

Mahrez was man City's most expensive purchase.

Who else is there?

That's good business as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

That's an excellent point about Chilwell. We did let him go cheap (whatever that means in modern football). 

I wonder how much he'd cost if he was at Man City at the point of sale.