Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

12 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

National League are still playing this weekend. Pity David Oldfield's first game in charge of Oxford City is away at Hampton &Richmond. I was looking forward to seeing NP and Watford...

I'm going to that game as Hampton and Richmond are my local non league club. My boys (both huge Foxes' fans) play for their respective age group youth teams. Hadn't realised that Oldfield was the new Oxford City manager. Will be interesting to see him. Last season I saw Mark McGhee at Hampton as he was doing a stint as interim manager of Eastbourne Borough!

20 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

National League are still playing this weekend. Pity David Oldfield's first game in charge of Oxford City is away at Hampton &Richmond. I was looking forward to seeing NP and Watford...

Didn't realise Skippy was over there. Was highly regarded during his short spell here at Brackley Town.  

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Simply got to postpone Euro 2020, take the season into June and then restart the following season into late August. 

Euro 2020 involves teams flying all over Europe. Aint gonna happen. 

• Like 1

Dave the rugby player: Where is everybody, Hol?

Holly : They've stopped, Dave.

Dave : Who has?

Holly : Everybody, Dave.

Dave : What, the Premier League?

Holly : Everybody's stopped, Dave.

Dave : What, Formula 1?

Holly : Everybody's stopped, Dave.

Dave : What, the London Marathon?

Holly : They're all stopped and postponed, Dave. Everybody's stopped, Dave.

Dave : The cricket isn't, is it?

Holly : Everything's stopped, Dave.

Dave : Not Cycling?

Holly : Gordon Bennett! Yes, Cycling, everything, everyone's stopped, Dave!

Dave: Darts?

Holly : It's stopped, Dave, everything has stopped, everyone's stopped, Dave.

Dave : Wait. Are you trying to tell me everything's stopped?

Holly : I wish I'd never let him out in the first place.

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Simply got to postpone Euro 2020, take the season into June and then restart the following season into late August. 

Could easily be postponed for a year. Luckiest thing about it is they chose to host it around Europe this year, so one country won’t have spent billions preparing for it and the cost of delay will hopefully be spread around. 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
They will want to try and just delay the season but read there won't be a peak in the virus till May or June so how long do they hold back till?

Whatever they do someone won't like  it!

They could restart it in two months and change the begin and ending times to all future seasons. And try to resync them slowly over years and years.

I would be happy to end the season now. Man City technically have enough points to catch Liverpool. So it's entirely justifiable to deny Liverpool the title. But much less justifiable to deny us the Champions League places.

Maybe after the pandemic has ended we could have massive party at Wembly as someone engraves "2019/2020 - Null and Void" on the premier league trophy. I'm worried Liverpool's title win has turned me into a sadist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Would be almost worth giving up a champions league place just to see the scouse meltdown if the title was to be pulled from under them.

It wouldn’t though it’s a close run thing !

i wonder if the european comps will be scrapped  - we are so far away from resolution that no one team can moan too much. Suspect Man City’s appeal can drag on long enough for them to be allowed to compete next season and their ban can commence 21/22.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It wouldn’t though it’s a close run thing !

i wonder if the european comps will be scrapped  - we are so far away from resolution that no one team can moan too much. Suspect Man City’s appeal can drag on long enough for them to be allowed to compete next season and their ban can commence 21/22.

It really wouldn't,  I would be gutted, but the scouse meltdown eould be absolutely biblical.