Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

You just know it don't you!

I’d be very upset about it. :( 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

We'll be fine; we've got a buffer points-wise and we've been top-3 for most the season. If we ended up missing out for whatever reason then we'd have a strong case for an appeal - however that may work.

It's Wolves/Sheffield Utd I feel for. The situation is far more uncertain for them and they stand to potentially lose out on something which would be huge for their respective clubs, without even being able to influence the decision.

You’re more than likely right, I’m just panicking 😱

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The problem is that Villa have played a game less than the clubs around them at the bottom. The Premier League could decide to use Points Per Game to decide league position, in which case Villa would still be relegated.

Would it be fair to take the season results from the halfway point. Everyone having played everyone (ignoring home advantage). 

• Thanks 1

Cancel Euro 2020

Resume season in June/July > September

New season starts in December and played like every other season, finishing around September, and repeat until Qatar 2022 as it fits in well with it....

Or repeat top 2 lines, start next season in December, have a normal summer break to play Euros (May>August, maybe September) and finish the season. Slowly try and slot the season back into its normal schedule until Qatar ****s it up again

Or best off just bin the season off and we'll take 3rd, no problem

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

No one will get it for ages then you and two of your colleagues will at the exact same time! 

Then get some cnut getting on the bus having a go at the driver as if he has any control of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Cancel Euro 2020

Resume season in June/July > September

New season starts in December and played like every other season, finishing around September, and repeat until Qatar 2022 as it fits in well with it....

Or repeat top 2 lines, start next season in December, have a normal summer break to play Euros (May>August, maybe September) and finish the season. Slowly try and slot the season back into its normal schedule until Qatar ****s it up again

Or best off just bin the season off and we'll take 3rd, no problem

Also consider the fact players contracts could expire before the seasons over. What do you do with the summer transfer window if you take option 1 happening during the last quarter of the campaign ?

Just now, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Also consider the fact players contracts could expire before the seasons over. What do you do with the summer transfer window if you take option 1 happening during the last quarter of the campaign ?

Very true, it was said more on the basis of it being something "quite out there" that UEFA/FIFA would do

If it so happens that the league cant be finished, I think they should leave the standings as they are but give an average season points tally to any team with a game in hand so if a team was averaging between a point and 1.4 points a game, they would get 1 point and 1.5-2 points would give them 2 points. 

Then the standings stay like that, liverpool get the title and the european standings stay as they are. As for relegation, my proposal would be that Norwich play leeds in a play off and Bournemouth play West Brom and villa play Fulham and the same happens down the leagues. The top 3 teams in the efl leagues have earned a shot at promotion in my opinion and the teams on the verge of relegation should have the opportunity to get themselves out. A for the teams that miss out on Europe, tough shit, should have been more consistent over the season. The financial loss of relegation/not getting promoted is greater than missing out on Europe. 

Playing what would potentially be 12 play off games would be easier to complete than trying to fit in the 100's of matches that remain of the season. 

This would obviously be a last resort and ideally if the euros gets cancelled and covid gets under control, the season could finish over end of may-June. 10 prem games left could be done in 5 weeks if 2 games a week are played.

Scrap the fa cup and European cups for this season as no chance could all them games be completed as well. 

39 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Would it be fair to take the season results from the halfway point. Everyone having played everyone (ignoring home advantage). 

At the season halfway point i dont think everyone has played everyone... the fixtures are all over the place these days

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If it so happens that the league cant be finished, I think they should leave the standings as they are but give an average season points tally to any team with a game in hand so if a team was averaging between a point and 1.4 points a game, they would get 1 point and 1.5-2 points would give them 2 points. 

Then the standings stay like that, liverpool get the title and the european standings stay as they are. As for relegation, my proposal would be that Norwich play leeds in a play off and Bournemouth play West Brom and villa play Fulham and the same happens down the leagues. The top 3 teams in the efl leagues have earned a shot at promotion in my opinion and the teams on the verge of relegation should have the opportunity to get themselves out. A for the teams that miss out on Europe, tough shit, should have been more consistent over the season. The financial loss of relegation/not getting promoted is greater than missing out on Europe. 

Playing what would potentially be 12 play off games would be easier to complete than trying to fit in the 100's of matches that remain of the season. 

This would obviously be a last resort and ideally if the euros gets cancelled and covid gets under control, the season could finish over end of may-June. 10 prem games left could be done in 5 weeks if 2 games a week are played.

Scrap the fa cup and European cups for this season as no chance could all them games be completed as well. 

The teams who get promoted from the Championship usually strengthen in the summer with the money they get. Even the poorer Prem sides should be able to beat a Championship side having already spent the money. I just can't see that as a sensible plan. They will either finish the season or it will be voided and everybody stays where they are, maybe starting the new season with their current points totals.

Just now, Thommo said:

At the season halfway point i dont think everyone has played everyone... the fixtures are all over the place these days

Okay, let’s say take the result of the first result of the teams meeting. 19 games played, every team has faced every other team. 

20 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Players could willingly sign an extension for the remainder of the season. If some don’t want to then the club will be without that player. Small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. 

4 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

The teams who get promoted from the Championship usually strengthen in the summer with the money they get. Even the poorer Prem sides should be able to beat a Championship side having already spent the money. I just can't see that as a sensible plan. They will either finish the season or it will be voided and everybody stays where they are, maybe starting the new season with their current points totals.

I disagree, I reckon the top championship teams could beat the bottom prem teams in a one off game. Think they would prefer the opportunity rather than saying you are staying in the championship and it's unfair to just relegate the bottom 3 when its pretty tight down there 

This is a good opportunity to support your local non-league club.

Obviously ...follow all the recommended safe health procedures, and stand 6' away from your fellow supporter (which isn't difficult at most small non-league clubs).

There's no way I'm sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon, when someone is kicking a ball about!   :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

Obviously ...follow all the recommended safe health procedures, and stand 6' away from your fellow supporter (which isn't difficult at most small non-league clubs).

There's no way I'm sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon, when someone is kicking a ball about!   :)

You must be kidding. Grassroots football leagues are doing the same.

To protect the integrity of the league I'd have Liverpool play the 2 or 3 games they need for the title. Even if it's behind closed doors. Then just go with the present standings for the rest.

Similarly the same with the bottom clubs. I'd play any head to heads and see if that sorts out the relegation issues.  

Nothing is going to be perfect but something has to be done. This way results will be settled on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Problem is, lots of leagues are cancelling too.

1 minute ago, deejdeej said:

Just an idea, probably a very bad one admittedly. But would it be possible to just forget about next season, have 6 months off or as long as needed, and finish this season during next season's cycle?

😂, what and play 1 game a month? Goodun, no seriously, it is a very bad one mate

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

National League are still playing this weekend. Pity David Oldfield's first game in charge of Oxford City is away at Hampton &Richmond. I was looking forward to seeing NP and Watford...