Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

What happens to the transfer window if the league is extended into the summer?

Very many contracts etc linked to the current windows?

Could we have a situation where lots of players are out of contract with the season on going?

🤔

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The least the club could do is put all the title winning documentaries and full matches available to watch for free on the website whilst the season is suspended.

Vardy's 99 goals highlight reel. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, String fellow said:

Why is the FA planning to resume matches in early April, when the virus could be at its peak? The SFA used the phrase 'until further notice', which seems far more realistic.    

To be resumed on the 4th April AT THE EARLIEST...

They are just saying they will look at the situation again in Early April...

9 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Honestly you could’ve just stopped at that point…

You're the one approving approving of the governments approach, not me! It may well be right to listen to the scientists and generate a herd immunity but morally I don't think it's right to dispense of the elderly and sick as part of the process.

Different communities and industries have gone beyond their advice  and forced the governments hand to ban large events to save face which says a lot a out how certain that advice actually was

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Postpone all domestic and European leagues a full calendar year, just continue where we left off in March 2021.

Use the time between the end of the outbreak (maybe October) and March for a delayed Euros and a long preseason to get players back up to speed,

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Postpone all domestic and European leagues a full calendar year, just continue where we left off in March 2021.

Use the time between the end of the outbreak (maybe October) and March for a delayed Euros and a long preseason to get players back up to speed,

That's a very long preseason lol

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

12 months of foxestalk without a match...... 

thumb_just-let-that-sink-in-tysonists-5060403.png

Edited by foxfanazer

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

So almost every club outside the top divisions go out of business?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

You're the one approving approving of the governments approach, not me! It may well be right to listen to the scientists and generate a herd immunity but morally I don't think it's right to dispense of the elderly and sick as part of the process.

Different communities and industries have gone beyond their advice  and forced the governments hand to ban large events to save face which says a lot a out how certain that advice actually was

I’ve absolutely no authority to approve or disapprove of anything as I’m not qualified…. I  simply approve of following guidance from people who are qualified - The CMO

Im not clear on the morality point…?  I would fondly assume that any decisions #1 priority is to protect and save more lives…. If the motivation is different, they’ll be called out…

Different groups have the power to act unilaterally…. I have concerns that political pressure and lobbying will enforce us to make a false turn….

Let’s catch up in 12 weeks….  hopefully it’s all a storm in a tea cup :)

• Like 2

If/when this season can't be finished, there will be lots of clubs across Europe that'll have reason to feel hard done by and look at taking legal action against the leagues.

A sensible option, which of course, wouldn't be without problems, could be the following...

Technically, the season would be null and void, however, scrap relegation, but honour promotion for the teams in the automatic places. This would increase the size of divisions, but there could be more relegation places at the end of the season. 

As for European competition, the teams that qualified for it last season should compete in it again...with the addition of the teams that are currently in qualifying positions, thus expanding the Champions League and Europa League for a single season.

As I said, this doesn't solve every single problem and some teams will miss out on what they could possibly have achieved, but it would be a compromise that minimises potential for legal action.

3 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

The last time the league was abandoned, the title wasn't awarded to Blackpool so if we can't continue with matches why should it be awarded to Liverpool?

image.thumb.png.d6b5802ea14db5ac6d5c8f044a427354.png

Because they'd only played 3 games. This season is 75% complete

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If a game is considered 75% complete when a game is abandoned for weather or floodlights etc. the result stands.

The main thing is all clubs sit around the table and agree on what happens from here on in.

Some things most would agree on: 

Whatever’s happens form here Liverpool were clearly going to be champions and should be given the trophy.

Given we have an 10 point gap over 6th place with 9 to play - we should be given a champions League place.

Villa should be relegated for being Villa.

Everything else should be up for a discussion, with a majority vote of all clubs deciding who plays in Europe/gets relegated.

All prize money for this season should just be distributed equally among all clubs.

To be honest, if they can't complete the season in the summer (which if possible is a no brainer but sounds unlikely) then I would rather they complete this season in the autumn/winter of 2020/21, cancel the normal 2020/21 season and start again from the 2021/22 season. So basically, skip a season, but make sure everything is completed and aligned.

I don't mean have no football for 6 months, but the structure and competition needs to be maintained.

It is not acceptable that Liverpool don't win the title, Leeds and West Brom don't get a chance to be promoted, we don't get the chance to claim our Champions League spot and, most importantly, Vardy doesn't get the chance to win the golden boot and stick it to Southgate, considering we have played most of the season. I don't think people will stand for that.

• Like 3