Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 minute ago, January47 said:

Our strategy is to slow it down and we'll be better placed to handle over time. The Chinese with a much worse problem went nuclear on it and seemed to have stopped it  and quickly although in a different political climate. The two approaches to it.; which is right for us?

They haven't manages to slow or stop it in Italy or the rest of the continent with more extreme measures. 

We are told, by the experts, that containment is not realistic,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Do Hawksbee and Jacobs even talk about sport?

H&J are national treasures. I could listen to them talk bollux all day. By far the best presenters on TalkSport for me..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You can't cancel the season: that punishes the sides currently in the Top 4, the champions elect, and the sides getting promoted. 

You can't finish it prematurely and use the current table: teams in relegation/promotion/european place battles would be in uproar. 

You can't limp through and play the games anyhow: that puts players, staff and fans at risk, and compromises the integrity of the competition, with sides playing against severely weakened opposition. 

The only option is to postpone and somehow finish the season at a later date. 

Think this is it no matter what, you can’t just relegate/promote teams while their fortunes could change so much, every idea i’ve seen someone misses out in one way or another and they’ll never accept that, they’ll have to finish it at some point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

Why is the FA planning to resume matches in early April, when the virus could be at its peak? The SFA used the phrase 'until further notice', which seems far more realistic    

'at least 3rd April'. 

Guessing they'll take stock then and see what's going on in the country. 

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

They haven't manages to slow or stop it in Italy or the rest of the continent with more extreme measures. 

We are told, by the experts, that containment is not realistic,

Actually they have done in the initial outbreak hotspots according to their local politicians where there are no more new cases. What they haven't done is stop it spreading to other areas. The Chinese were more draconian and managed to do that.

32 minutes ago, January47 said:

Our strategy is to slow it down and we'll be better placed to handle over time. The Chinese with a much worse problem went nuclear on it and seemed to have stopped it  and quickly although in a different political climate. The two approaches to it.; which is right for us?

Personally, I really don't think China are being honest about the amount of infections they have at all

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So are we having a sweep stake on how many shite threads are about to pop up due to no football for at least 3 weeks? Shoot me now! 

What about a sweep stake on “ which foxestalk member gets the virus first?? Or is that naughty

Edited by lestajigs

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

Folks- infections only means those who have been tested and found infected probably a small proportion of those who actually have been infected.

And \I doubt we can remotely rely on figures from Russia Korea China etc.

Korea ? 

no reason for s Korea to gerrymander ........

5 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

People keep talking about gaining immunity,  is there any proof that this happens with this virus ? 

Haven't some people become re infected after they have recovered.

I haven't heard of this, the research suggests (at the moment) that re-infection is rare.

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

Folks- infections only means those who have been tested and found infected probably a small proportion of those who actually have been infected.

And \I doubt we can remotely rely on figures from Russia Korea China etc.

UK government have also acknowledged that the true figure in this country is likely to be in the 5k - 10k region.

It’s pretty obvious the Fu cko the Clown Johnson has set the *experts* up to take the blame when it all goes tits up. Let’s have the Scientific Facts in the public domain before trusting that shithouse. 

Edited by l444ry