Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

25 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Sorry but that's the Wurst Eurovision joke ever .... :D

image.png.454a1665203b614d5ff9f5195541d1b4.png

I am Not trying Making your mind up,in the end Whats Another year,its so confusing its All Kind of everything,but ne Partez paz sans moi,

I will Stay strong because j'aime las vie,und the World needs ein bischen frieden, I must Refrain,My Ding a Dong is Diggy-doo Diggey-ley,

My Wife told me Si las vie est Cadeu,und Added Save your kisses for me,now I am only A  Puppet on a string,she Rock me,So for me

Un Premier amour,Een betje,La la la,Making me feel like De Troubadour,so I am off to bed for a bit of Boom Bang a bang,

Why me..Non ho L'eta,In your eyes???

But we all have to Feel La Det  Swinge.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

So almost every club outside the top divisions go out of business?

Play the cup competitions in the interim. Maybe even 2 seasons worth. And if there's still time, invent a one off tournament with a lot of prize money for each round. It's a perfect opportunity to prevent fixture pile up and do something positive for the game.

I reiterate though, the football world will not stand for this seasons results being void. It must somehow be maintained.

The league wouldn't be postponed for a full calendar year anyway. We have about 5 weeks worth of fixtures if we want to do it quickly. 10 if we want to spread it out with 1 match a week.

So if we resume in July we can finish the season and have next season put back a bit. If they were sensible and dropped international breaks, maybe even scrapped the Europa League indefinitely (which is a totally meaningless competition for the European non-elite, why not have a non-league European competition by that logic?) and didn't pathetically complain about playing twice a week we could maybe even do it later than that.

If we are delayed longer than that and we do consider scrapping next season, then maybe we pick football up again in November or something. We finish this current season from November - January, then have a break for a couple of months, then spread out the various cup competitions as suggested above.

Yes football will suffer a bit, every business (and many people) are suffering from this virus. But common sense needs to be implemented here in order for us to deal with it and sporting justice to be served.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

To be honest, if they can't complete the season in the summer (which if possible is a no brainer but sounds unlikely) then I would rather they complete this season in the autumn/winter of 2020/21, cancel the normal 2020/21 season and start again from the 2021/22 season. So basically, skip a season, but make sure everything is completed and aligned.

I don't mean have no football for 6 months, but the structure and competition needs to be maintained.

It is not acceptable that Liverpool don't win the title, Leeds and West Brom don't get a chance to be promoted, we don't get the chance to claim our Champions League spot and, most importantly, Vardy doesn't get the chance to win the golden boot and stick it to Southgate, considering we have played most of the season. I don't think people will stand for that.

This sir..My your best Post ever..!! :)

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am Not trying Making your mind up,in the end Whats Another year,its so confusing its All Kind of everything,but ne Partez paz sans moi,

I will Stay strong because j'aime las vie,und the World needs ein bischen frieden, I must Refrain,My Ding a Dong is Diggy-doo Diggey-ley,

My Wife told me Si las vie est Cadeu,und Added Save your kisses for me,now I am only A  Puppet on a string,she Rock me,So for me

Un Premier amour,Een betje,La la la,Making me feel like De Troubadour,so I am off to bed for a bit of Boom Bang a bang,

Why me..Non ho L'eta,In your eyes???

But we all have to Feel La Det  Swinge.....

Only person that could get away with a post full of Pun songs that equates to gibberish and nobody really bats an eyelid  

lol

7 hours ago, Yes said:

Think this is it no matter what, you can’t just relegate/promote teams while their fortunes could change so much, every idea i’ve seen someone misses out in one way or another and they’ll never accept that, they’ll have to finish it at some point.

Maybe if they wait until the virus has blown over, they can restart the league whenever it is and it will somehow luckily line up with the Winter World Cup planned for 2022?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Only person that could get away with a post full of Pun songs that equates to gibberish and nobody really bats an eyelid  

lol

So You still Love me..!!  Wow just Euphoria,and Tear drops,but Leaves me Running scared..One

FairyTale makes me Believe,your my Diva, My Number one,this could be Amar Pelle dois...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2020/03/13/liverpool-set-given-premier-league-title-amid-coronavirus-chaos/

the decision to hand over the title to Liverpool - fine.

the suggestion of how to deal with relegation/promotion - ok, seems sensible and could work

champions league/europa league - well we will be ****ed over. How can they even contemplate giving Spurs an automatic qualification into the champions league while we have to enter a “qualifying phase”. Spurs are no where near contending for a place. Top three are far away enough to justify qualification. Have a playoff between United, Wolves and Chelsea.

I don't see why we couldn't postpone football until the quarantine infrastructure for football is strong and tight, then complete the season behind closed doors in the summer with the Euros being pushed to next summer. There's only 9 games left, if we postpone the season for two months and in that time partition away all the players and playing staff and their families from the general population, then I can't see why, with following proper hygiene regulations, we couldn't finish this season in the 2 and a half months remaining before August.

The only really big problem would be playing the league whilst the summer transfer window is open, but I can't really see a way past that. It would be huge though.

I think it's just dawned on me quite how unprecedented and serious this all is.

This is the pandemic of the 21st century. It's going to get worse before it gets better, and a reliable vaccine could be a year away at least. And that's assuming there are no mutations that make it resistant to whatever's developed - which is almost guaranteed if historic cases like Spanish Flu are anything to go by.

What scares me most, reading about that particular pandemic, are the parallels. It spread rapidly through mass gatherings and modern transport (then because of World War One and troop movements, nowadays because of the sheer global interconnection we live with). And through those mass gatherings it was able to mutate through sheer rate of transmission and become far more deadly to 'healthy' members of adult society. It's absolutely feasible that the same could happen with Coronavirus. That's how viruses work unfortunately.

I'm gonna just say it now - I'll be amazed if another ball is kicked in any competition this season at the very least, and the Euros are never going to happen either. The rate of spread is just too fast, even if the mortality rate is no worse than a typical winter flu. It's madness in the current situation to have any mass gatherings, let alone a cross-continental competition with constant team and fan movements between multiple countries.

It's a tragedy unfolding before us, and football being cancelled is just a small corner of the societal impact this virus is having pretty much everywhere worldwide. Unless something happens very quickly to halt it, which again I can't see happening, this is going to have profound impacts on life, politics and society in a way we haven't seen since 9/11.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

Here is a rumour I just read, which would screw us over.

If league is cancelled.

Title honoured

Promotions honoured.

Relegations forfeited.

Last season's European qualifiers keep their spots.

Those currently in CL spots who were not there last season join an extended qualifying phase, so we would be demoted from group stage to qualifiers to fit spurs in.

I can foresee king power challenging this.

Problem is we the only EPL team been screwed over, relegation spots stay up, the other 3 in top 4 stay in group stage.

Also in regards to mortality rate, the WHO has put this to bed, their official figure is 3.4% CFR, and CFR is really a lowball figure.  Flu by comparison is 0.1%.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

To be honest, if they can't complete the season in the summer (which if possible is a no brainer but sounds unlikely) then I would rather they complete this season in the autumn/winter of 2020/21, cancel the normal 2020/21 season and start again from the 2021/22 season. So basically, skip a season, but make sure everything is completed and aligned.

I don't mean have no football for 6 months, but the structure and competition needs to be maintained.

It is not acceptable that Liverpool don't win the title, Leeds and West Brom don't get a chance to be promoted, we don't get the chance to claim our Champions League spot and, most importantly, Vardy doesn't get the chance to win the golden boot and stick it to Southgate, considering we have played most of the season. I don't think people will stand for that.

I agree with this.

• Like 1

I’m just reading the Premier League rules now. Just the 309 pages long!! 

————————————————

B.6.
A Club shall cease to be entitled to be a member of the League (and upon registration in accordance with the Articles of the transfer of its ordinary share in the League shall cease to be a member thereof) following:
B.6.1. its relegation in accordance with Rule C.14;
B.6.3. its expulsion under the provisions of Rule B.7;

Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 27, the League may expel a Club from membership upon a special Resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of not less than three-quarters of such members as (being entitled to do so) vote by their representatives or by proxy at a General Meeting of which notice specifying the intention to propose the Resolution has been duly given.

—————————————————

So in theory, as long as 3/4, they could elect who to boot out (bottom three).

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2020/03/13/liverpool-set-given-premier-league-title-amid-coronavirus-chaos/

the decision to hand over the title to Liverpool - fine.

the suggestion of how to deal with relegation/promotion - ok, seems sensible and could work

champions league/europa league - well we will be ****ed over. How can they even contemplate giving Spurs an automatic qualification into the champions league while we have to enter a “qualifying phase”. Spurs are no where near contending for a place. Top three are far away enough to justify qualification. Have a playoff between United, Wolves and Chelsea.

Chelsea have been 4th all season, i'd have 5 premiership teams in the next years CL tournament play off between United, Wolves, Sheffield United and Spurs for the 5th place, other 3 go into Europa. 

Edited by Beachyboy

Yeah, yeah, Liverpool deserve the league and would have romped to the title, probably within the next week or two.

However, the prospect exisists of them being either "granted" the title short of 38 games (and it being then devalued as a title, forever with an asterisk against it) or them being denied the title in a written off season that starts from scratch.

Imagine if either happened and then they never won it again. 

Hoo, boy lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Chelsea have been 4th all season, i'd have 5 premiership teams in the next years CL tournament play off between United, Wolves, Sheffield United and Spurs for the 5th place, other 3 go into Europa. 

How can you have five teams in the CL ?  That can only happen if a non qualified team win the CL or EL. Spain, Italy and Germany etc can then demand five CL places .... there isn’t room for that eventuality 

you can see us getting screwed over and that will show our best players even more than ever that staying here isn’t such a great idea !  It would be a disgrace but the vast majority won’t care and we’ll have to take our medicine as our contribution to the ‘greater good’.

Where would we find support?  None of the big six would support our position - all those clubs who feel they are competing with us (actually no one) will not want us to be getting a £40m windfall via CL qualification and the three clubs at the bottom won’t want this seasons current positions to count for anything. 

so that means we will be isolated with perhaps only sheff Utd in our corner.  I made a post last night about how they league could complete the season if they so wished via isolation of squads etc.  But thinking about this - where is the motivation if the alternative is last years finishing positions ?  

now I’m depressed about football as well as everything else - agnelli wins ........

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Here is a rumour I just read, which would screw us over.

If league is cancelled.

Title honoured

Promotions honoured.

Relegations forfeited.

Last season's European qualifiers keep their spots.

Those currently in CL spots who were not there last season join an extended qualifying phase, so we would be demoted from group stage to qualifiers to fit spurs in.

I can foresee king power challenging this.

Problem is we the only EPL team been screwed over, relegation spots stay up, the other 3 in top 4 stay in group stage.

Also in regards to mortality rate, the WHO has put this to bed, their official figure is 3.4% CFR, and CFR is really a lowball figure.  Flu by comparison is 0.1%.

Absolutely bull crap, they CANT Give liverpool the tittle, promote west brom and leeds, but because they don’t lke us sitting in 3rd, give it to someone else!!! They cannot respect some league positions and not others! 

• Like 4