Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

9 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Absolutely bull crap, they CANT Give liverpool the tittle, promote west brom and leeds, but because they don’t lke us sitting in 3rd, give it to someone else!!! They cannot respect some league positions and not others! 

If you read my post above then you’ll see that we’re going to be outvoted .......

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Let’s say it starts again in September. 

You play the season out until December. 

Then 2020-21 season becomes the 2021 season with just 19 games and shortened cups. 
Job done 

Wouldn’t it just be better to finish the season as it is instead of that? 

I don’t envy those having to make the decision..... someone is bound to lose out. But my sentiments are if the league is to be potted, just leave it as it is, the bottom three are the bottom three, Liverpool win the league and we go on a European tour! 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t envy those having to make the decision..... someone is bound to lose out. But my sentiments are if the league is to be potted, just leave it as it is, the bottom three are the bottom three, Liverpool win the league and we go on a European tour! 

The clubs will never stand for it, they would likely sue for loss of revenue.

• Like 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Every other League would need to comply, Europa League and Champions League would need to be shortened/scrapped meaning we miss out. 

Yep. You could make the European competitions into a knockout system though. The decisions the leagues make will be impacted greatly by UEFA’s decision on Tuesday.

I think people need to realise there’s a more than decent chance we won’t get CL. There’s even a small chance that travel may be restricted for up to 18 months after - there may be no CL or EL. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am Not trying Making your mind up,in the end Whats Another year,its so confusing its All Kind of everything,but ne Partez paz sans moi,

I will Stay strong because j'aime las vie,und the World needs ein bischen frieden, I must Refrain,My Ding a Dong is Diggy-doo Diggey-ley,

My Wife told me Si las vie est Cadeu,und Added Save your kisses for me,now I am only A  Puppet on a string,she Rock me,So for me

Un Premier amour,Een betje,La la la,Making me feel like De Troubadour,so I am off to bed for a bit of Boom Bang a bang,

Why me..Non ho L'eta,In your eyes???

But we all have to Feel La Det  Swinge.....

If I could turn back time we would be playing just like Matty James. We were lost in France, needed a hero and then we got our Japanese boy who was big in Japan. Although communication let us down, we went for gold and, to cut a long story short, we were under pressure, going through the motions, but we came out like a bat out of hell and took it to the limit one more time. Mamma Mia, I have a dream that the winner takes it all, but it was our Waterloo and we had to send an SOS via a message in a bottle as we were twisting by the pool. 

36 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Very true. Like I said, I really don’t envy those having to make the decision! The league will play on, possibly not until June, and the euros may be cancelled, but it will play on at some point!

31 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Whenever games resume we must finish the current season. That may mean that we need to adjust the 20/21 season but at least all teams would be aware of the changes in advance (e.g. you could move to the Scottish system with all teams playing 27 games).

I agree.

As much as I despise Liverpool, to cancel this season as ‘null and void’ just isn’t right.

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Here is a rumour I just read, which would screw us over.

If league is cancelled.

Title honoured

Promotions honoured.

Relegations forfeited.

Last season's European qualifiers keep their spots.

Those currently in CL spots who were not there last season join an extended qualifying phase, so we would be demoted from group stage to qualifiers to fit spurs in.

I can foresee king power challenging this.

Problem is we the only EPL team been screwed over, relegation spots stay up, the other 3 in top 4 stay in group stage.

Also in regards to mortality rate, the WHO has put this to bed, their official figure is 3.4% CFR, and CFR is really a lowball figure.  Flu by comparison is 0.1%.

If this were the case, I don’t think anyone would argue if we took Man City’s spot as they are banned.

Meaning 

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs 

Leicester 

Would get Champions League

Man Utd couldn’t complain too much as they haven’t been in the top 4 all season and wouldn’t make it anyway.

United, Arsenal and Wolves in the Europa League.

If Arsenal were to win the Fa Cup, only Spurs win in this scenario and no one really loses.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Of course they would but I see it as the lesser evil.

In this case we have played out 75% of the season, that is still a majority of the season, spurs are already out of the CL so they cannot make an argument they were still in it and fighting to win it.

Also picking and choosing parts of the league to honour and to forfeit is only fair when you make sure no one loses out.

Which would be basically, promote those in automatic spots, don't relegate anyone, keep the title, honour existing European positions.  If last seasons European qualifiers are "still" in the competition, then let them qualify also, but otherwise they don't qualify if they not in a qualifying position now.

I wonder what the ramifications are if the league is cancelled and broadcasters don't pay the full amount for TV rights? 

The money that is allocated to clubs will be significantly reduced and if you have a £100m plus wage bill, this could cause severe problems for PL clubs?

Way too much at risk for a lot of teams not to complete this season. Relegation is massive.

Surely you complete this one whenever the opportunity arises and dont start a new one until it is safe to do so.

Using a weird points formula will only attract complaints and appeals which will delay things further.