Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Just out of interest.

Australian Rugby league is playing this weekend, but then the gvt is banning groups of more than 500 people from MONDAY lol

Mate there is about 70k at a horse race in England today :D Plus Scotland's Rugby match is going ahead tomorrow! 

Its madness really. 

49 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It’s absolutely the time to hold our leaders to account…

I am by no means a Boris fan….  But, I’m actually quite reassured by the approach 

The easier decision is to cry ‘shut everything down’…. Just because it’s easier doesn’t make it right…. He appears to be leaning on the very smart and very well informed CMO

I have no idea about how viruses spread or how best to control things, but, I’m happy to be guided by those who do and it appears Boris is too…

exactly this! 

Its not like HE is making the decisions himself he is being advised by the people in the best position and not by some washed up sportsmen / breakfast TV presenter on Twitter like half of the population seem to be, 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t know how this season can continue. Whilst I appreciate the economic consequences, clubs, PL, FA (like all employers) have a duty of care to players, staff and fans. 

It would be interesting how the PL/FA resolve the leagues final positions. It seems to me that the most fair solution is to use the current positions. Liverpool to win it and top 4 CL, bottom 3 get relegated. Relegated clubs will moan, but can you imagine the collective backlash if they take this to court?

I suppose their might be something in the FA/Premier League competition rules that addresses what will happen if a season is cut short. I suppose that would stop any legal proceedings, but who knows if they have ever thought that far ahead.

Just to put some perspective. on the league closer, 14.503.954 million attended PL games in 2018/19 season

Usually about 5 million journeys are taken on the London Tube every day, so in one week more people visit a tube station, then attend the PL in a season.

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just to put some prospective on the league closer, 14.503.954 million attended PL games in 2018/19 season

Usually about 5 million journeys are taken on the London Tube every day, so in one week more people visit a tube station, then attend the PL in a season.

I honestly dont think they would of cancelled anything if it wasnt for Arteta. 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

exactly this! 

Its not like HE is making the decisions himself he is being advised by the people in the best position and not by some washed up sportsmen / breakfast TV presenter on Twitter like half of the population seem to be, 

I remember a lot of people thinking it was a great idea not to vaccinate their children 18 years ago…  it’s an important ability to filter…

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Play the fixtures into the summer, delay the start of next season, bin the nations league and play the Euros next summer instead. Maybe finally get rid of those awful international breaks in the Autumn to make way for a later start to the season.

I think they should resume fixtures around the time that Riccy P returns from his ACL injury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did I read it right that all the various egg chasers (RFL/RFU) are carrying on with their fixtures?

Virus, schmirus ... rugby players are Real Men !

realMen.JPG.035b04f51c0ec16daedad1bf9c63454f.JPG

• Haha 1