Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:
If this is a reflection of the general view then the league seem keen to get the games back underway ASAP.

I think he's absolutely right and have been consistent on that all along.  If it's safe to play behind closed doors, there's legit social value in that.  Anything that can give people a distraction and a sense if normalcy is immensely valuable.  But is it practically possible?  That's the question, Jimmy.

Start up the season again whenever it’s safe to do so, a started season must finish IMO.

Then shorten next season, just throwing this idea out there 4 groups of 6 teams (include top 4 from the championship) who each play each other home and away.
Winner of each group gets a champions League spot, and goes into a semi final and final to decide the overall champion.

4 teams that finish bottom of each group are relegated.

Teams finishing 2nd and 3rd in each group, play in a mini league, with the top 3 sides playing in the Europa League.

This should mean the whole season can be completed in about 3 months, so if this season doesn’t finish until November a shorter league season can be played, if there’s more time this can be extended with League and FA Cups.

• Haha 1

Nothing has been written about the effect this will have on our transfer plans

there are undoubtedly some european playing  targets where we would try and compete with the top six for their signature  

but not knowing if we will have the budget next season to pay them what they want, nor if we will be in the CL means that these targets are likely to commit elsewhere 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nothing has been written about the effect this will have on our transfer plans

there are undoubtedly some european playing  targets where we would try and compete with the top six for their signature  

but not knowing if we will have the budget next season to pay them what they want, nor if we will be in the CL means that these targets are likely to commit elsewhere 

I heard united are interested in Maddison....

I was confident that we'd be back underway, because i was under that impression all players and staff, even those at clubs with no cases, were self isolating. But now we know only players at certain clubs have, surely they'll struggle. Whilst clubs like Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea will be ready as there should be no chance their players and staff will be infected, West Ham Wolves etc have still gone about, risking catching it. We saw that a portsmouth player was out and about and now has it, so theres no chance they'll be able to play as a club any time soon. Until all players and staff have been self isolated and are risk free, they can't go back to playing, even behind closed doors.

On 19/03/2020 at 15:48, moore_94 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if more players with contracts ending in June do this

I imagine if they are willing it wouldn’t be too hard to get them onto rolling contracts for as long as needed to see out the season

Thing is some wont. Mahrez was an example at the top of what the typical modern day footballer is like. Greed, low intelligence and surrounded by more greedy, selfish morons who are only bothered by what they can squeeze out of him.

They'll be people made redundant or on zero hours contracts with no work in them crowds watching their teams, and we pay to watch these people who act like this. Its pretty shit really.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Thing is some wont. Mahrez was an example at the top of what the typical modern day footballer is like. Greed, low intelligence and surrounded by more greedy, selfish morons who are only bothered by what they can squeeze out of him.

They'll be people made redundant or on zero hours contracts with no work in them crowds watching their teams, and we pay to watch these people who act like this. Its pretty shit really.

They are risking a fair bit playing games with a contract that would only be for a few weeks. Any serious injury could stop them signing a new contract at their club or elsewhere. Albeit they would have played the games regardless of the pause in the season, however they’d have likely signed pre-contracts elsewhere. Without knowing what’s going to happen next season or for the remainder of this season, this becomes more difficult. 

I think that’s worth bearing in mind. 

6 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I reckon we'll finish this season, then play one game against eachother drawn out of a hat who is at home for next season. 

Unlikely, but a team could end up with 15 or 16 games at home in a 19 game season. That would be very unfair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Unlikely, but a team could end up with 15 or 16 games at home in a 19 game season. That would be very unfair.

There must be a way to determine the season in a ‘fairer’ way. Maybe top half of this seasons table (if completed) would play 10 home games and the bottom half play 9. Obviously this isn’t exactly fair, and who plays who at home away could be randomly generated. But it’s probably the fairest way to go about it. Playing 19 games is always going to leave someone hard done by. 

Either this or scrap the cups and play a condensed season. Can’t see Sky/BT allowing a 19 game season without demanding compensation from the PL. 

The FA, EFL, PL and broadcasters are going to have to get their heads together as soon as a resolution for this season is found. Then come up with something for next season, Euros, World Cup etc. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think international football goes right out of the window. All of those wasted weeks between Aug - Dec devoted to it can be got rid of straight away as we look to catch up in my opinion. 

I am with you... but the fa and eufa are obsessed with money too... they will want to stage games to fulfil their lucrative contracts 

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Government introducing bill which bans public gatherings for two years. You won’t be seeing your football team play live until 2022 at the earliest. 

Source?

If it is true expect stadium expansions to go ahead but very, very slowly...

On 17/03/2020 at 01:12, Heathrow fox said:

I know this thread is supposed to keep people’s chins up,give everyone something to talk about etc.However unless a vaccine is invented ASAP. Football is going to look very different in 12 months time.Just look at who owns the clubs.Who sponsors the shirts and stadiums.How Sky etc get their revenues.The whole thing is going to collapse like a pack of cards.

Now there is a novelty..decide the leagues,by Teams playing cards,over Skype!!!

Jokers,can be used vor VAR-descisions

21 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

A Year is gone,and you are still traumatized...!!    Funny Thing is you cant seem to see how the MAJORITY of players Really are.

Miss how many Fellow  fans are  like Mahrez,just not so much in the headlines....

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine this will be the next step for us soon, rather than a provisional restart date

I think the premier league will start back as soon as possible but empty stadiums.

sky will show every game at different slots to keep the “at home” crowd a little happier.

anyone against that now, after a lockdown I’m sure will be craving football even if no crowd.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Government introducing bill which bans public gatherings for two years. You won’t be seeing your football team play live until 2022 at the earliest. 

Don’t be silly now, it’s just a precaution it’s like when they mention planning permission dates for road works they almost always run for 18 months even if the job is taking a week to complete