Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, people can be small minded at times. This is not the time to be bitching and moaning at the government  because they don`t wear red.

Grow up.

It’s absolutely the time to hold our leaders to account…

I am by no means a Boris fan….  But, I’m actually quite reassured by the approach 

The easier decision is to cry ‘shut everything down’…. Just because it’s easier doesn’t make it right…. He appears to be leaning on the very smart and very well informed CMO

I have no idea about how viruses spread or how best to control things, but, I’m happy to be guided by those who do and it appears Boris is too…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

I am by no means a Boris fan….  But, I’m actually quite reassured by the approach 

The easier decision is to cry ‘shut everything down’…. Just because it’s easier doesn’t make it right…. He appears to be leaning on the very smart and very well informed CMO

I have no idea about how viruses spread or how best to control things, but, I’m happy to be guided by those who do and it appears Boris is too…

Who's leading Boris..

Stevie Wonder?

re the point about players contracts ending / transfers possible potentially before end of an extended season, I guess they'd say you can't (delay transfer window opening / registration of unattached players) or perhaps you can sign a player but as they're not on your 25 man list for this current half of season they can't play. If you have a want-away player though and his contract is up can you force him to stay and complete the season :dunno:

39 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No but it is time to be bitching and moaning about a government if you feel they aren't dealing with the situation sufficiently.

What would 'sufficiently' look like. And why? 

I'm personally convinced they are following expert advice and not winging it/being partisan. That's all I can ask. Whether they've got the right experts is a different matter, but one I'm in no way qualified to comment on.

For those complaining that our approach is different to that taken by some other countries, there seems to be an assumption that e.g. China's measures have beaten the virus. Even if they have (for now) what happens at the back end of this year? The city wide lockdowns all over again?

This thread highlights one reason why we might have different inputs going into our experts' decision making processes;

• Like 2

I don’t know how this season can continue. Whilst I appreciate the economic consequences, clubs, PL, FA (like all employers) have a duty of care to players, staff and fans. 

It would be interesting how the PL/FA resolve the leagues final positions. It seems to me that the most fair solution is to use the current positions. Liverpool to win it and top 4 CL, bottom 3 get relegated. Relegated clubs will moan, but can you imagine the collective backlash if they take this to court?

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

2 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t know how this season can continue. Whilst I appreciate the economic consequences, clubs, PL, FA (like all employees) have a duty of care to players, staff and fans. 

It would be interesting how the PL/FA resolve the leagues final positions. It seems to me that the most fair solution is to use the current positions. Liverpool to win it and top 4 CL, bottom 3 get relegated. Relegated clubs will moan, but can you imagine the collective backlash if they take this to court?

i think if the situation gets as serious as the season can't be completed then I can't see how relegated clubs could complain too much. In a major national emergency clubs are just going to have to suck it up.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But people aren't. They are lambasting them based on their response and the fact they aren't happy with it. If anything you are trying to deflect from their poor response because of political 

The majority of people on here are using this as a plain bashing tool over the government. You can dress that up as much as you want but the fact remains that it shouldnt be happening (unless those fans hold masters in a select scientific field). We are all biased as footy fans, scientists are bias by science and government are bias via politics. However, in this case you have the top independent scientist's in their field who have spent their whole lives doing it, and the government are following THEIR ADVICE 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t know how this season can continue. Whilst I appreciate the economic consequences, clubs, PL, FA (like all employers) have a duty of care to players, staff and fans. 

The problem is that Villa have played a game less than the clubs around them at the bottom. The Premier League could decide to use Points Per Game to decide league position, in which case Villa would still be relegated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can anyone summarise what this means for ticket holders?

Season ticket holders, I imagine nothing will change until a decision has been made on the postponed games. If they're to be played, then a fair assumption is nothing. If they're to be cancelled, I'd expect the club to reimburse.

As for generic ticket holders, probably similar.

These are uncharted seas, sit tight everyone!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can anyone summarise what this means for ticket holders?

I'm sure the club are working on a statement, I wouldn't say "You have a ticket for something that isn't going to take place" yet but they may say "wait and see", it would be valid for a re-scheduled game if and when it happens I presume. If that game is on a different week day and rules you out of going would it be the same as the TV games i.e. tough luck no refund? If rescheduled by months I would think refunds would be offered. If re-scheduled but behind closed doors I'm sure refunds would be available. For season ticket holders it's different unless they could calculate and refund  a proportion of the up front cost or offer it as a discount for next season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

What about their instagrams? 

NINTCHDBPICT000561487514.jpg?strip=all&w

Is it me or does Maddison look embarrassed to be wearing his own clothes? He’s like the doll of a fashion designer’s tasteless ADHD-ridden child. If it weren’t for his millions he’d get chucked out of primark on grounds of public decency. (Yes, now the league’s been suspended this is how I’m choosing to spend my time.)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

That's all well and good until people start to suffer as a result and then people/industries take control themselves.

Medically it might be the best thing, economically it might be the best thing but as we have seen from the response, morally it's corrupt. 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Reminder that the government yesterday said the peak of cases will be 14 weeks from now - the middle of June. I doubt we'll be playing games again for a long time. 

I think everyone will be shocked if it happens like they predict  it will ! 

they made a forecast on Monday that they would let us know about self isolation  in 10/14 days and came back 4 days later to give it !  

6 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

That's all well and good until people start to suffer as a result and then people/industries take control themselves.

Medically it might be the best thing, economically it might be the best thing but as we have seen from the response, morally it's corrupt. 

Honestly you could’ve just stopped at that point…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1