Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

14 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Even in the daily videos there is less spotlight on chillwell recently. Usually he features heavily often smiling and it good spirits. Though I could be looking to much into it.

Hes smiling cause of the £70.000 pay-rise hes about to get at Chelsea. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Steer well clear of domestic players IMO, certainly from the PL anyway unless they have release clauses or for whatever reason have fallen out of favour. Otherwise it's a complete bloodbath and seldom is it value for money.

Thing is our recent record of buying overseas players with sufficient quality has been somewhat mixed! 

Remember it seems to be a club policy to sell a top player every year in order to grow the club so I have no problem in selling Chilwell if invested wisely.  If Chelsea want to pay 75 million in this climate when English clubs should have around a billion revenue shortfall this year, then we will have pulled their pants down on this one.  Ambromovich probably made a few quid out of this crisis, he made his money through disaster capitalism in Russia and he recently had to put a 70 million or so into chelsea to keep it afloat. 

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Remember it seems to be a club policy to sell a top player every year in order to grow the club so I have no problem in selling Chilwell if invested wisely.  If Chelsea want to pay 75 million in this climate when English clubs should have around a billion revenue shortfall this year, then we will have pulled their pants down on this one.  Ambromovich probably made a few quid out of this crisis, he made his money through disaster capitalism in Russia and he recently had to put a 70 million or so into chelsea to keep it afloat. 

Club policy? 

In recent years the player who left forced the move, and we got the money we wanted. 

DD - pushed for the move and we got £35mill

Mahrez - pushed for the move and we got £60mill

Maguire - pushed for the move and we got £85mil

Mahrez had been wanting a move, yet none offered what we wanted so he stayed. Maguire was sort after the year prior to his departure, same thing happened again, no move until we got our money after he expressed his wish to leave.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Thing is our recent record of buying overseas players with sufficient quality has been somewhat mixed! 

Since 2017/18 it's been much better though which is when we opted to go with a model of trying to recruit the best youngsters for the money from either abroad or the lower leagues domestically. Ricardo, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Praet have all been a success and often immediately.

Then we've brought in Maguire, Maddison and Justin from the lower leagues that have all been a hit. The players we've recruited from the PL have varied, I classed Maguire as being signed from the Championship but I suppose he was from the Prem as he had 1 season there with Hull where he eventually got in their team and impressed and Jonny Evans was signed for a cut down fee on the back of West Brom being relegated but he was clearly a PL established player who was a complete steal given we offered about 5 times as much the summer before for him. Iheanacho ticked all the boxes as he was young and we got him for a high but fair price but it's taken him to nearly leave us to then come back in to the fold and look like he could be a success here. The other high profile signing from the PL has been Perez who has started fairly well but for the price there's still some further progression from him to be a real success. Thankfully we haven't spent much of our time trying to recruit from the PL as it's clear it's so difficult to purchase sensibly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Club policy? 

In recent years the player who left forced the move, and we got the money we wanted. 

Mahrez had been wanting a move, yet none offered what we wanted so he stayed. Maguire was sort after the year prior to his departure, same thing happened again, no move until we got our money after he expressed his wish to leave.

I said it 'seems to be club policy'....it is a conditional use of language.  I don't think the club will earmark one pla 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Club policy? 

Ooops hit enter too soon!!

I said it 'seems to be club policy'....it is a conditional use of language.  I don't think the club will earmark one player, but they are realistic when the likes of Manure, Sheikh city & chelsea come calling and will only allow one first team player a season to go.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are some noises that we may accept a few closer to 50m ref the climate and his desire to leave 

perhaps this is deliberate to avoid us having our pants pulled down on a replacement in the way we were over maguire .....  the fee may well turn out to be the 75m we want but chelsea may have agreed to play the game over a lower price being publicised now 

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are some noises that we may accept a few closer to 50m ref the climate and his desire to leave 

perhaps this is deliberate to avoid us having our pants pulled down on a replacement in the way we were over maguire .....  the fee may well turn out to be the 75m we want but chelsea may have agreed to play the game over a lower price being publicised now 

I'd be very surprised, certainly not at this stage of negotiations and with a fair chunk of the 2019/20 seasons till to be played before the window is even open. Media fallacy.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very surprised, certainly not at this stage of negotiations and with a fair chunk of the 2019/20 seasons till to be played before the window is even open. Media fallacy.

My thoughts too, Chelsea transfer news is currently a hot topic in sporting news until the season resumes. What better way for journalists to get increased views, especially the London based media, than by posting and talking about transfers such as Chilwell. 

• Like 1

I just can’t see us suffering if we sell him, would he be a detrimental loss to the team? IMO no.

you can’t tell me we can’t get a better left back than Chilwell for less than £25m, which in a worse case scenario would be half the price we’d get for Ben.

• Like 1

£50mill would be a disaster imo. Strengthen one of our biggest rivals and weaken ourselves. Ok he's not the finished article but he's far better than many think and will soon enough realise. Play hard ball. It worked last time and a 23 year old England international goes for more than that these days. 

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Adjacent club in the table --  direct rival for a lucrative CL place -- goes full-public on a transfer raid with nine games to play.  Window not opened yet, nor even scheduled.

“Signals getting stronger” -- becoming a media and Twitter obsession.

This type of pressure doesn’t work on this club -- but it works on most players.  Granovskaia knows full well what Chilwell will cost, and also whether she can (or whom she needs to sell to) afford him.  But there’s something to be gained if he pulls the throttle back to stay-safe mode.

Anybody else think there’s a tiny chance this could be as much about unsettling the player as acquiring him?

I think it could unsettle him but we’re being naive if we think they’re serious and haven’t made any contact with Chilwell’s representatives. 

Also, I don’t really see how Chelsea’s ‘valuation’ has any bearing on us if we don’t want to sell. That’s aimed at the article not you @KingsX

37 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I just can’t see us suffering if we sell him, would he be a detrimental loss to the team? IMO no.

you can’t tell me we can’t get a better left back than Chilwell for less than £25m, which in a worse case scenario would be half the price we’d get for Ben.

We have often played better without him, so I agree. Likewise we were better without Maguire last season. There are some players like Ricardo and definitely Ndidi that if we were to lose them it would be a huge initial blow and even longer term nigh on impossible to replace like for like in the team. Chilwell however isn't yet integral to what we have achieved, there's others just as capable that we could realistically attract.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Well Chelsea don't think they can get anyone better for half the price....... 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have often played better without him, so I agree. Likewise we were better without Maguire last season. There are some players like Ricardo and definitely Ndidi that if we were to lose them it would be a huge initial blow and even longer term nigh on impossible to replace like for like in the team. Chilwell however isn't yet integral to what we have achieved, there's others just as capable that we could realistically attract.

Fuchs has come in some games and played better! (Not all the time)

we can afford to lose Chilwell more than when we lost Maguire that’s for sure, whilst again improving the team. As I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a no brainer if we get a good fee for him this summer 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hum.. not sure this makes much sense...? Why would a club then want to pay £50m+ for a player if there are better out there  for half the price? Would they not buy them instead if that were the case? 

I think you need to work on your maths. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Hum.. not sure this makes much sense...? Why would a club then want to pay £50m+ for a player if there are better out there  for half the price? Would they not buy them instead if that were the case? 

I think you need to work on your maths. 

Because that’s who they want to sign? There’s cases of this happening literally every transfer window! Thought you’d be switched onto that our ITK overlord :worship: