Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

14 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

I understand the methodology behind the statement, 50m is a strange figure to quote is my point. He’s as valuable as Maguire was surely? So surely say 75m isn’t acceptable 😱

CB hold a lot more value than wing backs.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good player, him and Alex Telles are the more polished full back but Chilwell is 4 years younger and may well get there?

I agree but both unproven in the PL. 

Many top Eredivisie and Liga NOS with international pedigree have struggled in the PL

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree but both unproven in the PL. 

Many top Eredivisie and Liga NOS with international pedigree have struggle in the PL

Very true, both have performed well in Europe though. I'd be shocked if either failed to adapt in any of the top leagues but you never know.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Not sure why they should still get CL out of it.

Man c 2yr ban will only get halved so will miss next seasons CL.

OK, Chelsea finishing 6th, or 5th if Man City's ban isn't overturned would be enjoyable. 

Just a little less catchy you know?!

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very true, both have performed well in Europe though. I'd be shocked if either failed to adapt in any of the top leagues but you never know.

I'm just surprised no one has taken a punt on them big clubs wise.

We shouldn't be seen as a 'feeder' club to the ''elite'' clubs.

Chilwell, Maddison etc need to look at the situations of Drinkwater and Kante (the former, in particular) - where moving to a ''bigger'' club didn't help them maintain their performance levels and become under scrutiny somewhat from the media in terms of not being as good/consistent as they were after leaving LCFC.

Need to certainly try and keep the top talent, in order to compete much more in all competitions.

The club doesn't need money, and should continue to develop their young talent further in order to hopefully gain success with their services.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Chilwell, Maddison etc need to look at the situations of Drinkwater and Kante (the former, in particular) - where moving to a ''bigger'' club didn't help them maintain their performance levels and become under scrutiny somewhat from the media in terms of not being as good/consistent as they were after leaving LCFC.

Need to certainly try and keep the top talent, in order to compete much more in all competitions.

The club doesn't need money, and should continue to develop their young talent further in order to hopefully gain success with their services.

It's a balance of affordability for the model we are on as a club in the short term and planning for the long term. Our youth and training ground isn't ready just yet, and it's going to take 3/4 years before we see our model changing as we are bringing through prospects. Up until that point we are going to have to sell one or two players a season to balance the squad in other areas. The club can hold out for a higher fee cos we've sorted the contracts. An area we've in the past where we've been naive or haven't been able to negotiate tight deals should big teams come knocking. So we're in a very strong position to demand fees.

We need to bring in a couple of experienced (not old) players to help us with a Champions League campaign. Wages and transfer fees need paying. If we get the top end of rumoured fee for Chilwell then we can do this and more with prospective Champions League cash.

I'm not one of those who wants to sell. But if he's made any real suggestion to the club that he might consider a transfer, then we keep our options open, I'm fairly confident that we've scouted in particular areas of key players for contingency. Whether they're available that's another question, and whether we can get a decent deal and attract them to the long-term plan.

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If we want to keep them we need to pay more money in wages to them. We can't compete financially at this moment with the bigger clubs. Higher wages have a knock on effect for the rest of the squad wanting more money too. 

I think Chilwell is the most replaceable of the young stars. If it means we can improve the squad then so be it. 

• Like 2

Happy to see chilwell leave. Of all the players linked with moved away he’s probably the most replaceable and least important. So if he’s the important player that leaves this year I’ll take that.

Just hope we can get telles in. That would be a major upgrade.

I am saddened by Brendan's quote saying we want a good price.  Thsts like throwing the towel in.

Top.... if we are to remain a top 6 club then we cannot sell to competitors.   If a player wants to leave his agent will have to find a place overseas. This would be like Chelsea paging us to quit the top 6.  

WE SHOULD NOT SELL TO TOP SIX CLUBS

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am saddened by Brendan's quote saying we want a good price.  Thsts like throwing the towel in.

Top.... if we are to remain a top 6 club then we cannot sell to competitors.   If a player wants to leave his agent will have to find a place overseas. This would be like Chelsea paging us to quit the top 6.  

Where have you seen or read that?

On 20/06/2020 at 09:03, Grebfromgrebland said:

We won't be able to get Tagliafico or Telles. They'll move to bigger clubs than us if they go anywhere.

Neither are any higher profile than Ricardo Pereira when we signed him, so I don't see why we couldn't. Maybe Tagliafico slightly higher profile from champions league performances. 

1 hour ago, danny2997 said:

Neither are any higher profile than Ricardo Pereira when we signed him, so I don't see why we couldn't. Maybe Tagliafico slightly higher profile from champions league performances. 

Telles is the one we want. 

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The kid wants to be in London ....... not much you can do about that ......