Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Hum.. not sure this makes much sense...? Why would a club then want to pay £50m+ for a player if there are better out there  for half the price? Would they not buy them instead if that were the case? 

I think you need to work on your maths. 

...speculative on Lampards part, also potential sell on fee will either increase or hold his price, win win!!!

A team being built of young British players, probably the reason why he could not leave Derby quick enough.

• Like 1

Leicester are your rivals chelsea and London is a terror hotspot! It’s not a place I’d rush to move to and I think it will become less of a big deal. Having said that I would sell and think it’s more likely Ben would regret it and be sat at home watching Leicester lift a champions league than it turning out to be a huge success

3 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Leicester are your rivals chelsea and London is a terror hotspot! It’s not a place I’d rush to move to and I think it will become less of a big deal. Having said that I would sell and think it’s more likely Ben would regret it and be sat at home watching Leicester lift a champions league than it turning out to be a huge success

Only in certain areas.

Like anywhere else, terror incidents etc can happen anywhere at any time.

Some parts of London actually are quite great to visit and are lovely to live in, hence some of the astronomical price ranges for properties etc.

Don't tar all with the same brush etc.

Wouldn't say Leicester, like any other city, is exempt from potential attacks.

Not exempt at all but London is a shithole I’d never aspire to live in! If you want to play for a team with a nice city/weather you don’t come to the uk! At the end of the day you can have both after playing football. 

Edited by Heymister2015

Modern football changing! Leicester have found a formula that could mean champions league football twice in 5 years. Arsenal/spurs are average teams. Chelsea aren’t anything special neither. So in my eyes Leicester should see those teams as close rivals. Also in Europe nearly all the teams are average and the possibility of it becoming like when any team could win it like when forest and villa did. Aim for the stars and compete with the best. Ziyech for chelsea is a star signing but I don’t see them going beyond us signing Werner and Chilwell. 

25 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Not exempt at all but London is a shithole I’d never aspire to live in! If you want to play for a team with a nice city/weather you don’t come to the uk! At the end of the day you can have both after playing football. 

lol Do you actually know where chelsea are located? Its in the posh part of London. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

lol Do you actually know where chelsea are located? Its in the posh part of London. 

:rolleyes: London does not have posh bits, just those boroughs with better PR

I just read that it could be a £75mn deal to Chelsea. Thats even more of a steal than Maguire and Drinkwater were. That'd be fantastic business for Ben. Its the do please help yourself to an unimpeded cross into our area whenever you want that I'll miss least of all.. 

• Haha 1

Didn’t Jill Dando get shot on her doorstep in Fulham! Supposedly a nice area too. It’s good business all round though. We don’t have the same income as the elite but you weren’t find a team with a better training ground and better owner than at Leicester. Financially it makes sense to sell Ben to keep the club ticking along until the time comes we don’t have a training ground and stadium to pay for 

Edited by Heymister2015

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

If you play for Chelsea you don’t live in London .....unless you really want to ......training ground in leafy Surrey and plenty of beautiful houses and villages in the area ......plus a massive wage and s/o fee .....why would you want to leave Leicester ???.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you play for Chelsea you don’t live in London .....unless you really want to ......training ground in leafy Surrey and plenty of beautiful houses and villages in the area ......plus a massive wage and s/o fee .....why would you want to leave Leicester ???.

All that can be acquired after! Concentrate what’s best for your career! Ben will get slaughtered at chelsea and without a fee defending seems an impossible concept to him. So I’d love to see him with a £75m price tag on his head. But for Leicester selling is the best option especially when you have big loans to pay. Leicester can over see that with huge player sales like they are and over achieving like they are 

Edited by Heymister2015

13 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I really wish that I could understand why our fan base seem so happy to sell England's best left back. Don't forget it will take a lot of money to replace him & that player will take a time to settle in

Exactly! Its not just a case of sell him and buy someone and job done. That player has to build a relationship with his team, get used to potentially new training techniques etc... Ben will leave a potentially big hole with the team. He seems very popular and is a player that most of the new players say is very welcoming.  If he wants to go thats fine but he really hasnt hit his peak yet so i dont think we should be rushing to sell him.  Cags, as a replacement for Maguire, was already part of the squad so was ready to step up when required.

JJ is going to be needed for the right back position until Ricardo comes back and potentially after that if Ricardo needs resting or easing back into playing.  I think really we should keep Ben for another year - CL is calling! We can save money and also generate money by off loading players with contracts expiring or who are not part of the future plans.  Chelsea will still want him in a year. They and Man City are always sniffing around him!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I live the idea of having Leicester players represent England and other teams at tournaments.

Especially if they're played in their best/preferred positions.

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I really wish that I could understand why our fan base seem so happy to sell England's best left back. Don't forget it will take a lot of money to replace him & that player will take a time to settle in

We also wanted to sell Maguire, we know when a player is replaceable and Chilwell is very much so. 

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I can give you two reasons, he's been our worst performer this season, and he has no connection with Barnes who performs better when Fuchs or Justin have played left back. If he goes for big money then similar to Drinkwater I can't see it working out for him down there.

• Like 1

Has Brendan Rodgers publicly stated any strong intention to keep him at the club?

If not, he may well think that he's replaceable (despite his emergence in the team) and the recruitment team may well have a target they're trying to pursue for that area.

I dont think a manager would state that? Plus i think they are very much keeping their minds on the job in hand and will deal with the transfer window when it happens. I should imagine he has spoken with Ben but will need all of the players focused on football.  

• Like 1