Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

42 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

£50m? Seems low. 

Its basicly saying we wont accept a bid of 50m but we will accept a bid of 75m.

Its stating that the club will only accept bids much north of 50m so dont tray and bid any lower than that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Would anyone take £50m + Alonso. I've rated him at left back for a while now and would fit into our system as a progressive left back with a good eye for goal. Think it would be on the table as well. 

I'd be tempted with that, yes. Puts the deal north of the 75m mark and doesn't leave us with a recruitment dilemma. 

I don't know about Alonso, he is quite slow. Defensively suspect as well. Maybe if he was only one of those two things, but he is both. There's a reason Chelsea is replacing him. Lampard has a similar set up to Rodgers, and Alonso hasn't fit in, so I don't think he would fit in here very well.

• Like 2

I think the brains of the recruitment executives at Chelsea/Manure and Manc have self isolated in La La land.  They must hate it that little old Leicester refuse to have the boxers taken down.  They still don't get it -do they?

Yes - we have learn't well after Musa/Ghezzel/Slimani/Silva..........thank God.

Kante + Abraham swap (our big transfer can be a Chilwell replacement and maybe a skillful left footed right winger). With a Kante and Ndidi midfield (change to system) we might not need another centre back, although one of those too would be nice.

I can dream 🙂.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I mean the talks are only not easy because they're not willing to pay what we want for him. Talks would be simple if you met the asking price?

Looks like everyone is desperate for him to go for £50m, just like they were desperate for Maguire to move to Man Utd. Four years left on contract, England left-back. Chelsea, make it simple on yourselves and pay the asking price. Low-balling us is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

Has last year's saga not taught anyone that we hold all the cards in this scenario? Our team will get what they want.

Spot on. There's an asking price and a salary figure Ben will want. If you believe the reports he's even told Brendan he wants to go. 

Seems like a very easy transfer to me, as long as their pockets are deep enough and then want him badly enough.

30 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he goes we better have the replacement in first.

We can't waste a season or two while we try and find the right fit like we did with Kante and Mahrez.

Even Drinkwater's replacement was a total bodge up.

5 subs ... if we take early leads and he gets replaced with Luke Thomas to see out games, we'll know something is up.

5 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

Kante + Abraham swap (our big transfer can be a Chilwell replacement and maybe a skillful left footed right winger). With a Kante and Ndidi midfield (change to system) we might not need another centre back, although one of those too would be nice.

I can dream 🙂.

Kante and Ndidi are far too similar.

And I'd rather have Willian then Abraham :D

On 17/06/2020 at 19:05, Fox85 said:

Its basicly saying we wont accept a bid of 50m but we will accept a bid of 75m.

Its stating that the club will only accept bids much north of 50m so dont tray and bid any lower than that

I understand the methodology behind the statement, 50m is a strange figure to quote is my point. He’s as valuable as Maguire was surely? So surely say 75m isn’t acceptable 😱

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was reading the United forum earlier and they were saying Nicolás Tagliafico would be a better signing than Chilwell and woud cost 20-25m. Anyone seen him play? We might end up selling Ben then signing him.

Very good player, him and Alex Telles are the more polished full back but Chilwell is 4 years younger and may well get there?

• Like 1