Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

I'm surprised with all this talk of left backs, signings and replacements that Bukayo Saka name hasn't cropped up. I admit I know little about defending and have only seen him maybe 8 games but every time he's looked good or sensational, especially going forward and really has an end product.

14 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

If this is true he shouldn't play the rest of the season, he's been bad enough as it is without adding a move into the equation.

If his mind is in the right place, and training well, I don't see why he can't play.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Even in the daily videos there is less spotlight on chillwell recently. Usually he features heavily often smiling and it good spirits. Though I could be looking to much into it.

He is still in them a fair bit and still looks smiley? He always seems to be popular amongst the team, the youngsters and older players.  He doesnt seem like a person that would cause trouble or force a move? Maybe they are intentionally keeping him out of the spotlight a little?

5 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

This is an important point - duvet have enough cash to sign Werner and Chilwell?

One things for sure there will be lots of clean sheets if they sign BC.

They need to pull their fingers out though with Man City sniffing around.

You snooze, you lose and all that.

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, Hales said:

He is still in them a fair bit and still looks smiley? He always seems to be popular amongst the team, the youngsters and older players.  He doesnt seem like a person that would cause trouble or force a move? Maybe they are intentionally keeping him out of the spotlight a little?

I did think that too. Just seems to me he is not so prominent. But as I say, could be nothing in it. 

9 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm surprised with all this talk of left backs, signings and replacements that Bukayo Saka name hasn't cropped up. I admit I know little about defending and have only seen him maybe 8 games but every time he's looked good or sensational, especially going forward and really has an end product.

He's looking for a contract over 100k right now. That's probably why we aren't interested. We pay Hamza 7.5k a week lol. Barnes is not on much more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't be this easy for Chelsea, I just don't see us agreeing to it when there's business to be done with this season and the window not even being open. Media desperate to repeat the farcical situation they created with Maguire.

I genuinely believe that at times there are ‘arrangements’ made between certain clubs and certain media outlets, whereupon said media outlets will push and push transfer rumors  until either:

-player in rumor/agent contacts interested club and begins transfer

-player has head turned and fractures the togetherness of squad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

According to spotrac Hamza is on 7.5k and Barnes on 10k, maybe they haven't updated their wages though.

They both signed new deals less than a year ago. After they had both broken into the first team of an established and wealthy premier league side. No way either of them are on any less than 25k probably a lot more.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

It looks to me like we are becoming a feeder club to Chelsea. Just like Southampton were to Liverpool & look how that has turned out.

To be fair, Liverpool are a feeder club for Barcelona and look how that turned out when they reinvested wisely... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We definitely should NOT sell Chilwell before we get at least some business done this window, especially if we want to buy a player from a PL team. 

Steer well clear of domestic players IMO, certainly from the PL anyway unless they have release clauses or for whatever reason have fallen out of favour. Otherwise it's a complete bloodbath and seldom is it value for money.

• Like 2