Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Bournemouth are really having a fire sale, I would love us to get David Brooks on the cheap, providing he passes his medicals. Clear and obvious improvement on Gray, probably could buy him for the same amount we sell Gray for.

Wonder if we could use Gray as makeweight for a signing from Bournemouth. Think I’d prefer Fraser or King. Brooks is good but brittle. Fraser would bring that direct pace and King the combo of physicality and skill up front (I think of him like a cheaper Richarlison when fit) 

I have to say, Promes would be a very in-character Leicester signing.  Not good enough to attract the interest of the real powers, not cheap but not so expensive that he'd explode the books.  I'm not complaining - I think he'd be our best winger, even though the times he's been super productive have been against weaker competition.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Wonder if we could use Gray as makeweight for a signing from Bournemouth. Think I’d prefer Fraser or King. Brooks is good but brittle. Fraser would bring that direct pace and King the combo of physicality and skill up front (I think of him like a cheaper Richarlison when fit) 

Fraser is a free agent. He would want a disgusting wage, which I would be hesitant to give him. I would go for Brooks (provided he passed his medical) because he was primarily a RW for Howe, which is definitely the position we have the most need to improve.

7 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yes please. I know you’re ITK but Lcfc Hq haven’t got this right surely?

7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Just a suggestion or anything in it? 

Would be a very promising signing!!

46 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I have to say, Promes would be a very in-character Leicester signing.  Not good enough to attract the interest of the real powers, not cheap but not so expensive that he'd explode the books.  I'm not complaining - I think he'd be our best winger, even though the times he's been super productive have been against weaker competition.

A suggestion! But someone we've been tracking for a while as is well known anyway. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

John Stones for £30m? :ph34r:

I'd actually enquire about him. He's so overrated but in a 3 alongside cags and Evans, as a ball playing centre back, he'd be decent. £30 a bit steep for me and I guess man City would be embarrassed to lose him for less

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'd actually enquire about him. He's so overrated but in a 3 alongside cags and Evans, as a ball playing centre back, he'd be decent. £30 a bit steep for me and I guess man City would be embarrassed to lose him for less

I agree. 3 tenners is still probably too much for John Stones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I wouldn't mind Stones and 30m is probably about right for him. However I'm sure he's on about 100k a week at Man City, which means he'd want similar here, so it's too expensive for us to even consider IMO.

He has only got two years left on his deal though, so maybe a bargain could be struck in January or next summer. I've got a feeling he'll end up at West Ham or Everton though, maybe even Arsenal.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The French league is going to be hit one of the hardest by the pandemic, there is definite value in looking at the bigger clubs in that league that had poor seasons and missed out on Europe. Lyon the obvious club.

Bertrand Traore

Memphis Depay

Joachim Anderson 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

1858489726_Screenshot2020-07-21at00_46_25.thumb.png.85b37749a00b1c2f1aa0c85b85c91970.png

Sassuolo are having a good season and he only joined permanently last year but he adds steel & passing ability, we don't have a midfielder that excels at both

Locatelli looks a very good prospect and like you say we don’t have a midfielder that is strong defensively but also capable of unlocking stubborn defences. I just worry whether he would struggle with the pace of the English game as he has spent his whole youth and career up to now in Italy. That all being said, with games behind closed doors for the time being it wouldn’t be such an issue as the intensity of the English game has dropped, it could give him an opportunity to acclimatise better than he would have previously. 

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I wouldn't mind Stones and 30m is probably about right for him. However I'm sure he's on about 100k a week at Man City, which means he'd want similar here, so it's too expensive for us to even consider IMO.

He has only got two years left on his deal though, so maybe a bargain could be struck in January or next summer. I've got a feeling he'll end up at West Ham or Everton though, maybe even Arsenal.

He's probably on about £250k a week. The thing with Stones is that even at his absolute best, you don't exactly think 'wow'. He's got so many basics of defending to learn and needs a complete mentality shift for him to actually be the defender some people think he is.

Callum Hudson Odoi apparently not happy with his game time at Chelsea. During his youth career he was arguably the best player in England at those levels. 

If possible would definitely make a realistic bid for him. Very talented player, can be developed and potential to be a superb player in the league.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder if Real Madrid fancy letting us have Jovic, Diaz and Kubo all on loan with a view to a £55m permanent transfer the following summer when covid19 has pissed off.

Brahim Diaz would be a really smart signing

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Callum Hudson Odoi apparently not happy with his game time at Chelsea. During his youth career he was arguably the best player in England at those levels. 

If possible would definitely make a realistic bid for him. Very talented player, can be developed and potential to be a superb player in the league.  

Excellent player but yet another one on £200k a week for achieving the grand total of nothing.

29 minutes ago, Shane said:

Brahim Diaz would be a really smart signing

Have a look at Kubo too, looks ridiculously talented. Him or Odegaard on the right would give us another dimension and Diaz to compete with Maddison in the advanced 8/10 role.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Excellent player but yet another one on £200k a week for achieving the grand total of nothing.

*£120k a week, but still he would end up being our 3rd highest earner on that much

Raid the French league, there's so much talent and value to be had there:

Ibrahima Diallo 

Axel Disasi 

Memphis Depay

Probably an attempt at signing Aouar from Lyon too, despite bigger teams being interested.

Ah there have been so many exciting mentions recently. Jovic, Diaz, Ødegaard, Depay, Bertrand Traore, Hudson-Odoi.

Agree with Hudson-Odoi being on too much wedge, though. Chelsea have secured him and he should get back to an upward trajectory relatively soon. I can't imagine his current form will continue for too much longer unless he gets injured again.