Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Lascelles would be a good addition. Would give us the option of a very solid  well-balanced back 3. I'd be all for this but it's worth remembering that this is Sean we're talking about here.

Lascelles signed a 6 year contract in 2018. He's the Newcastle captain, and has in the last few years emphasied how happy he is there regardless of the managerial/owner circus.

Newcastle firstly won't be selling/signing anyone of significance unti they sort out their ownership. Secondly they are highly unlikely to sell their captain either way on a lengthy contract. If he did indicate he wanted to leave, they'd hike up the price to an unaffordable level.

So basically he's not coming here.

Edited by sphericalfox

18 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Lascelles signed a 6 year contract in 2018. He's the Newcastle captain, and has in the last few years emphasied how happy he is there regardless of the managerial/owner circus.

Newcastle firstly won't be selling/signing anyone of significance unti they sort out their ownership. Secondly they are highly unlikely to sell their captain either way on a lengthy contract. If he did indicate he wanted to leave, they'd hike up the price to an unaffordable level.

Maybe it a personal choice what to comeback to the midlands etc, maybe we are willing to pay their asking price.

Who knows

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

He would rather play young defender who we already own and has shown a lot of promise, you want to spend 40 mil on a defender who's 27 and not nearly as good as our 2 starters, yet he's the one who's got it wrong? Thankfully people like you arent running the club otherwise we would be starting a lot of 'proven' midtable players instead of the likes of maddison ndidi soyuncu barnes etc.

Where have i mentioned my intent is to sign him? Unless he Fancies a kick about in ma garden ... I think he is a very good defender in a pretty poor Newcastle team and if we go three at the back why not? As to him being 27? What’s your point that’s prime age for a defender is it not? Benko hasn’t shown any promise for lcfc ... yes he has for Celtic well maybe half a season or so? He’s only had about 3 decent games for Bristol. Also I didn’t know you had been on the phone to Brendon? As far as I can see he’s shown no interest in Benko. 

7 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Seeing names like Brooks and Lascelles is excellent. We really have an opportunity here to further grow our talented squad. If we can get a winger and striker right we go in to season with a great opportunity to compete again 👍

Seeing names is one thing. Getting deals across the line is another.  In Congers we trust.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Where have i mentioned my intent is to sign him? Unless he Fancies a kick about in ma garden ... I think he is a very good defender in a pretty poor Newcastle team and if we go three at the back why not? As to him being 27? What’s your point that’s prime age for a defender is it not? Benko hasn’t shown any promise for lcfc ... yes he has for Celtic well maybe half a season or so? He’s only had about 3 decent games for Bristol. Also I didn’t know you had been on the phone to Brendon? As far as I can see he’s shown no interest in Benko. 

Well it's pointless talking about whether brendan rates him or not until the season starts. As to lascelles being 27 i mean that he's in his prime years and he's really not that good, not as good as newcastle fans say he is at least, he's not going to improve any further than what he is right now.

..The likes of Brooks and Lascelle being likely acquisitions are something of a unambitous attempt at progress!!!

The names of Stengs, Bailey, Neres and Chukwueze are what I would have considered a move to push us forward as a sign of ambition.

The possibility is that Brooks and Lascelle  are affordable and had Premiership experience but it is underwhelming that we are looking at this level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Saudis have pulled out .

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..The likes of Brooks and Lascelle being likely acquisitions are something of a unambitous attempt at progress!!!

The names of Stengs, Bailey, Neres and Chukwueze are what I would have considered a move to push us forward as a sign of ambition.

The possibility is that Brooks and Lascelle  are affordable and had Premiership experience but it is underwhelming that we are looking at this level.

Stengs: 5 goals 8 assists 25 apps (eredivisie)

Chuckwueze: 3 goals 5 assists 37 apps (la liga)

Bailey: 5 goals 3 assists 22 apps (bundesliga)

David brooks: 7 goals 5 assists 30 apps (premier league)

Dont see how the others are much better than brooks considering brooks is in the worst team relative to the strength of the league, although i am comparing his 18/19 season with their 19/20 season. Out of these ive seen brooks and bailey play a few times and i was more impressed by brooks than i was by bailey.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If the Saudis don't end up buying Newcastle it will be a victory for humanity.

A small one but a good one nonetheless.

Yes they have loads of money but the regime is awful and one I'd hate to have more involvement in the UK.

Apparently they’ve pulled out 😆 

sorry old news...

Edited by Nick

I love all these "Lascelles isn't good enough" takes.  If Lascelles isn't good enough, signing someone you consider good enough is likely to cost at least 30 million.  Is that an OK spend on a CB in the current situation?

Let's be real here.  We're looking to sign someone to be our 3rd-best CB, maybe 4th if Benkovic steps up.  Lascelles can certainly be that.  I also think it's not a bad thing to have a confident veteran voice in the clubhouse as a check against the existing player power faction (and we all know who they are). 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Lascelles really isn't that special, it would be paying a premium for supposed PL experience which is often massively overstated. 

Brooks and Lascelles would cost a shit tonne of cash and neither would improve our starting XI.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Brooks and Lascelles would cost a shit tonne of cash and neither would improve our starting XI.

You honestly believe that Gray and/or Perez are better wingers than Brooks? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You honestly believe that Gray and/or Perez are better wingers than Brooks? 

Marginally better than the pair of them, perhaps. But for 20-30odd million not much of an improvement on Perez let’s be honest. I think you’re going to be bitterly disappointed if you’re expecting Brooks’s to come here and take us to the ‘next level’. Is he really that much better than Gray and Perez? If you put either of them in Bournemouth or a lower prem side they’d probably look half decent 

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Marginally better than the pair of them, perhaps. But for 20-30odd million not much of an improvement on Perez let’s be honest. I think you’re going to be bitterly disappointed if you’re expecting Brooks’s to come here and take us to the ‘next level’. Is he really that much better than Gray and Perez? If you put either of them in Bournemouth or a lower prem side they’d probably look half decent 

So we cant sign players from lower prem sides because they will always look worse with us? Who are we going to sign then? Perez is a good player if used properly but he doesnt suit our team currently, Gray has been struggling to develop in what was a poor ex title winning side, then a really dull puel side. Brooks fits us perfectly and already plays a lot more experienced than Gray does. Im not sure who you want us to sign, players blowing the doors off at other midtable clubs wont go to us, struggling top 6 players rarely work out for lower teams.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Left footed winger with the ability to beat a man and pick out a pass... that’s something we 100% don’t have, Perez is a good player but he’s not a winger and Gray has all the makings of a good player physically but mentally I can’t see it ever happening... For me Brooks is exactly what we need

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Personally, I would disagree that he was only marginally better but ability is only one part of it. We won the league not because we had the best players but because we had the right players in the right position and in a lot of people opinions, Brooks is a far better fit on that RW than anyone we currently have by quiet some way. 

• Like 3