Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

With the prime minister saying the government has taken steps to insure there's enough supply of dexamethasone even in the event of a second wave, it sounds like they've known about the effects of this drug for a little while.

Eh? It's a common as shit, easy to make drug dude. 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

With the prime minister saying the government has taken steps to insure there's enough supply of dexamethasone even in the event of a second wave, it sounds like they've known about the effects of this drug for a little while.

Definitely, but it's moved from a position of having strong evidence suggesting that it has positive effects to them having enough data to statistically assert that there are positive benefits. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

My initial thought was I wonder how many otherwise healthy asthmatics who have to take a steroid inhaler daily which is also an anti inflammatory corticosteroid, as I have to, have died from covid. 

It would be interesting for sure and I thought the same. I’m asthmatic and have to use my steroid inhaler daily and the conflicting info as to whether this is good news or bad from the start has been very conflicting.

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Eh? It's a common as shit, easy to make drug dude. 

Yes, but I don’t think they would normally have 60 odd million 2 week courses in stock, maybe I’m wrong but if I’m not, the manufacturers would have needed a little time to get up to speed, especially if they were planning on producing enough to supply the whole world. Hence why the government would have known about its effects for a few months.  Another’s reason being that if you discover a possible cure, you’re not going to announce it to the world just in case the Chinese or Americans buy up the rights to manufacture and you end up with nothing

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When were all the original BLM protests, weren't they about 2 weeks ago? We should know in the next few days if they've caused any form of spike or whatever.

6th June was the official one I think.

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve been told that the royal free have had an increase in patients this week ....  @z-layrex  have you heard anything in this regard ......

My wife is a cleaner at glen field and has said there has been a few more patients come in again as they have to shut the entrance down when they arrive hadn’t had to do it for a few weeks until the this week.

Merc

There have been nine further cases of coronavirus recorded in Leicestershire recorded in the past 24 hours, according to figures released today (June 15).

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Worrying news from China and other areas of the world where there has been spikes 

China involves 100 cases and they will be on top of it v quickly ......but it shows how contagious this disease is.  At least with new outbreaks, the scientists can study if the ‘second waves’  are any different to the first re contagion/severity ....

Surprised that the Chinese government haven't closed the dog meat markets and the like, despite their popularity with locals in certain areas of the country, haven't been ordered to shut down and be inspected by experts to determine if it's true that that is where this certain virus had originated from.

The death decline over the past few weeks and couple of months is extremely encouraging, indeed, but could've this trend have happened much earlier (less deaths over the first few weeks / second month in of the pandemic situation) - had Boris/the government implemented more stringent plans earlier and their strategies were clear and organised from the start?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is this new spike(s) in China the same strain or a weaker/stronger strain?

I be,I’ve it’s a different strain to the one they have previously had in China which means this outbreak is a mutation of sorts or derived from an imported case which has missed capture in their strict quarantine process 

Millions of people in Beijing are living under renewed restrictions, as a spike in virus cases continues.

The city reported another 31 cases on Wednesday, bringing the total to 137 in the past week.

Before the recent spike, the Chinese capital had gone 57 days without a locally-transmitted case.

The outbreak is believed to have started in the massive Xinfandi food market that supplies 80% of the city's meat and vegetables.

image.png.e6e4b2a8464af436e3ab323c5f1f9b13.png