Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

34 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lockdown can ignite odd emotions. 

I'm as 'anti' as they come, but secretly (and not a nice trait of mine) there have been times when things have been shite the consolation is everyone else is having a shit time.too. No feelings of FOMO that (rather pathetically) I suffer from ordinarily. 

So I wonder if lockdown enthusiasts.are just people who,.frankly,.are miserable 

Yep in understand that and I think individual fits firmly in that bracket to be honest. 

If current trends continue and we see low deaths, hospital admissions that are daytrips or overnight stays in general wards and we end up moving back the roadmap date on positive fvcking cases I think I’ll go mad. 

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is exactly what I think is going to happen. Masks and social distancing are going nowhere. 

Yes basically free for all outside but inside you’ll have to wear a mask and social distance .

Edited by Super_horns

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes basically free for all outside but inside you’ll have to wear a mask and social distance .

I wonder if they will announce  a new date to remove those restrictions in August?

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Deaths and patients admitted to hospital over the past 7 days still down.

Wonder how many have been doubled jabbed and in the post 2 week from the 2nd jab, which seems to me a pretty important bit of information that doesn't appear to have been published.

39 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Deaths and patients admitted to hospital over the past 7 days still down.

You wouldn’t know by the headlines in the news. 
All I’ve seen today is UK COVID CASES RISE BY TWO-THIRDS!

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Wonder how many have been doubled jabbed and in the post 2 week from the 2nd jab, which seems to me a pretty important bit of information that doesn't appear to have been published.

10% according to Hancock which is good.

google James ward Twitter and read his pinned tweet.

The slight worry is the 5% of people who have refused jabs. 

I still think we will be ok, but I can understand why they have introduced a step 3.5.

Edited by Stivo

9 minutes ago, Stivo said:

I wonder if they will announce  a new date to remove those restrictions in August?

Who knows - I get the feeling there will be restrictions of some sort in place till basically everyone has had 2 jabs or at least one .

They aren’t worried about adults and the vulnerable now but the youngsters not vaccinated.

Haven’t we all got to have a booster jab in the Autumn anyway ?

2 hours ago, Corky said:

How nice that a minister doesn't need to self-isolate and will be part of a pilot scheme after going on his lovely trip.

Having read the article, I agree it smacks of privilege a bit but I doubt he's the only one to undergo the pilot scheme. IMO it's the BBC once again (and like most media sources) trying to lever some sensationalism and click-bait. 

To me it's pretty much a non-story.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You wouldn’t know by the headlines in the news. 
All I’ve seen today is UK COVID CASES RISE BY TWO-THIRDS!

And therein lies the problem. Two thirds of what? People will see that and react disproportionately without fully understanding the figures.

The media are like pigs in shit. Or just pigs. Do they not realise that the gov won't take much pushing to delay the relaxation of lockdown and will use sensationalist reporting to apply their (the Gov's) agenda on a largely ignorant public, thereby giving them (the press) some kind of control by proxy?

Of course they do.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is exactly what I think is going to happen. Masks and social distancing are going nowhere. 

Not really a freedom date then

whats going to be any different ?

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Masks will not be dropped until Spring next year then at the earliest.  They are a constant visual reminder of compliance with the restrictions and add to the perceived level of threat/fear that wearing them conveys.  Very little to do with countering the threat of virus spread.  The science behind them is wafer thin.  The behavioural psychologists in Sage, of which there are many, will be loving it though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Wafer thin? Here is a list of 70 papers you can ignore:

https://threader.app/thread/1279144399897866248

They admitted some covid today to my icu, 1 on ecmo. I hope it isn't the start.

Yeah, but what type of patient exactly is on ecmo?  An obese 75 year old Jamaican momma who's diabetic, yet refused a jab on the basis it might affect fertility?

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, but what type of patient exactly is on ecmo?  An obese 75 year old Jamaican momma who's diabetic, yet refused a jab on the basis it might affect fertility?

What? There are incredibly strict criteria to get ecmo. https://www.respscore.com/#:~:text=The RESP Score&text=The RESP Score has been,Membrane Oxygenation for respiratory failure.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

And therein lies the problem. Two thirds of what? People will see that and react disproportionately without fully understanding the figures.

The media are like pigs in shit. Or just pigs. Do they not realise that the gov won't take much pushing to delay the relaxation of lockdown and will use sensationalist reporting to apply their (the Gov's) agenda on a largely ignorant public, thereby giving them (the press) some kind of control by proxy?

Of course they do.

According to the government's website, the UK had 1578 cases on 15th May and today it has 6238. So in the last 3 weeks, the daily case rate has risen by a factor of almost four. Admittedly, these are both relatively small numbers, but nevertheless the current upward trend suggests to me that the removal of all remaining restrictions later this month may be a step too far. Having said that, what do I know, being a largely-ignorant member of the public.