Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Didn't he ask to be banned?

Ah, I didn't realise that. Looking back on his last post from about 6 weeks ago it seems he got caught up in the BLM thread and asked to be banned for at least a month.

Shame, but each to their own I guess...

6 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

What happened to @LinekersApples:dunno:

If it’s the correct poster I’m thinking of, he a couple of windows ago, got given some info about our summer targets and the positions that we were targeting. It didn’t come off and the event or the lack of events meant many posters went for him a bit - he maybe took it hard and possibly said some things that perhaps didn’t help.

For the record in my assessment he’s missed. 

I love a bit bit of inside gossip - it’s always subject to change and providing nobody passes stuff off as fact is all part of the window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

If it’s the correct poster I’m thinking of, he a couple of windows ago, got given some info about our summer targets and the positions that we were targeting. It didn’t come off and the event or the lack of events meant many posters went for him a bit - he maybe took it hard and possibly said some things that perhaps didn’t help.

For the record in my assessment he’s missed. 

I love a bit bit of inside gossip - it’s always subject to change and providing nobody passes stuff off as fact is all part of the window.

If i remember it, he went all in on us making multiple signings on deadline day and had been saying as such for a decent period of time. Not in a "this may happen" way but more of "this will happen, bet your mortgage on it" way. 

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If i remember it, he went all in on us making multiple signings on deadline day and had been saying as such for a decent period of time. Not in a "this may happen" way but more of "this will happen, bet your mortgage on it" way. 

Yep - he believed what he’d been told and it may well have been true but the deals didn’t happen. He wasn’t one for coming out with rubbish but he perhaps got goaded and backed himself into a corner. The forum was better with him than without in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yep - he believed what he’d been told and it may well have been true but the deals didn’t happen. He wasn’t one for coming out with rubbish but he perhaps got goaded and backed himself into a corner. The forum was better with him than without in my opinion.

Was definitely better with him posting the whispers he heard, added some good stuff to the forum. Probably did get goaded into going all in by some posters and never came back sadly

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just came across this gem after accidentally copy / pasting FT into YouTube. lol

@Mark, @davieG and @Nick all getting a mention. Thracian even pops up. Many of the other names I don’t recognise.

Ultra   Ha!!!!

On 08/08/2020 at 16:35, RoboFox said:

Just came across this gem after accidentally copy / pasting FT into YouTube. lol

@Mark, @davieG and @Nick all getting a mention. Thracian even pops up. Many of the other names I don’t recognise.

Never seen that before and, although I don't know any of those mentioned personally, I know them from FT. That's a brilliant meme. (If that's the right term).

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/05/2020 at 23:05, Jaspa said:

That Algerian amateur animator who came onboard during the title winning season and kept posting really terrible homemade videos of what was apparently our players using PS1 era graphics with music which was just as bad.

The Sven Goren Eriksson fan who'd come on and quite frenetically post absolute gibberish for us all to enthusiastically decipher was alright too.

Some you don't even notice have gone despite thinking of them as ever present like The Doctor, and others you didn't like at all but still wondered what happened to the miserable sods like @Flowwolf

Honorable mention to @Haydos

I've just signed in and saw this message, cheers buddy!

Used to love it on here but it took up way too much of my time and I moved on. I've been living outside of Leicestershire for a fair old while now, coming up on 10 years so I do feel a bit disconnected from the club at times. Most of my interaction is on telly and online these days. It felt like my whole footballing life led up to us winning the league and a year or so after that I think I was a bit mentally drained of football; which I'm okay with.

How's everyone doing here?

4 hours ago, Haydos said:

I've just signed in and saw this message, cheers buddy!

Used to love it on here but it took up way too much of my time and I moved on. I've been living outside of Leicestershire for a fair old while now, coming up on 10 years so I do feel a bit disconnected from the club at times. Most of my interaction is on telly and online these days. It felt like my whole footballing life led up to us winning the league and a year or so after that I think I was a bit mentally drained of football; which I'm okay with.

How's everyone doing here?

Winning the league was a bucket list item that I figured would have never been scratched off. Now what?  Lol