Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

On 30/05/2020 at 13:27, MC Prussian said:

The Kinder thread brought a few names back - quite an impressive list, really:

@AoWW

@lavrentis

@SOCCERROO FOX

@Walkers

@Hitesh

@James.

@Libertine

@The Reverend

@Bryn

@Edmund

@isaidno

@potter3

@stez

@Wet Trump

@Kilworthfox

@Fox You Forest

@Nick

@theessexfox

Vålerenga (@davieG?)

@Koke

@Houdini Logic

@AjcW

@Bellend Sebastian

@Jay

@Haydos

@Jackirius

@MikeyT

@Wymsey

@Amin

@EnderbyFox

@I am Rod Hull

@Benji

@Ross-Kemp

@fox123

@Sparky

@The Blur

@Unit

@Bugg

@lcfc_jme

@Salieri

@Tilley

@GLC

@Asha

@Tabou

@FoxyPV

@The Year Of The Fox

@Itsthejoeker

@DB11

@Steve_Walsh5

@kingcarr21

@Out Foxed

@Darkon84

Don't see them posting much anymore. Lost a bit of quality with them gone. Give us a shout when you can and tell us how you're doing and why you've left!

Even @Bert, @Babylon and @Corky have gone rather quiet lately.

I started working part time within the LCFC Academy so it became a conflict of interests! I have since moved on as I received a better offer from another club.

However, other than passing time, and meeting some sound fellow fans, having been somewhat involved at the club, I have lost the passion for chatting and contributing to the old levels. I am more of a browser, and i will chip in the odd comment if I feel the urge.

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Hey, look, TPH’s business is quiet today so he’s back in Gen Chat for a day !

Buckle in guys because I’m going to think about things that annoy me and unpopular opinions I hold and maybe try some dingbats. 

Where's your Nashville Skyline avatar gone? Iconic.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Where's your Nashville Skyline avatar gone? Iconic.

Yeah. I don’t know. Love that album. Been listening to Nashville Skyline and Street Legal a lot this summer. Under appreciated Dylan albums in my view. 

Hope you’re well mate. You’re the big Beatles fan aren’t you ? We should have a fallout over Paul McCartney mocking Bob re Serve Somebody/Serve Yourself etc etc. I think it was Paul. Maybe it was John. We all know Paul was dead anyway. We’ve all seen the album cover. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf it's been years, old man Woolers should probably have more of a Love and Theft avatar these days. 

Might get on this; or even the also often overlooked 'Together Through Life' - its like a story of my love/hate or rather love/crushing-ridiculous-disappointment affair with Leicester City, except its set in 1950s America or something.

It would make quite the screenplay.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Yeah. I don’t know. Love that album. Been listening to Nashville Skyline and Street Legal a lot this summer. Under appreciated Dylan albums in my view. 

Hope you’re well mate. You’re the big Beatles fan aren’t you ? We should have a fallout over Paul McCartney mocking Bob re Serve Somebody/Serve Yourself etc etc. I think it was Paul. Maybe it was John. We all know Paul was dead anyway. We’ve all seen the album cover. 

Yeah that's right, big fan. I'm also a Dylan fan tbf though not as much as I love the Beatles obviously! But I really like Dylan's mid 60's electric stuff like Bringing It All Back Home, Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61. Great albums.

Haha where's this mocking of Dylan? From what I've read/watched John especially admired Dylan but that's not a surprise given how great Dylan was/is lyrically.

Rarely see you post nowadays but I remember the album cover avatar well.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah that's right, big fan. I'm also a Dylan fan tbf though not as much as I love the Beatles obviously! But I really like Dylan's mid 60's electric stuff like Bringing It All Back Home, Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61. Great albums.

Haha where's this mocking of Dylan? From what I've read/watched John especially admired Dylan but that's not a surprise given how great Dylan was/is lyrically.

Rarely see you post nowadays but I remember the album cover avatar well.

I pop in from time to time. Recognise some of the old usernames and a lot of the people I used to drink with and go footie wit are still here, albeit under interesting new monikers!

Here's the videos. John, like yourself, preferred an irreligious (I take issue with this anyway, it was always there but never front and central) rocking Dylan, he mocked this particular song when Dylan 'found god' evidently not buying in to it and believing Dylan always did and continued to serve only himself.

Two musical greats.

Something odd going on round with Dylan song - Fourth Time Around (?) and Norwegian Wood too! 

Give both a listen and you'll see what I mean here anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I pop in from time to time. Recognise some of the old usernames and a lot of the people I used to drink with and go footie wit are still here, albeit under interesting new monikers!

Here's the videos. John, like yourself, preferred an irreligious (I take issue with this anyway, it was always there but never front and central) rocking Dylan, he mocked this particular song when Dylan 'found god' evidently not buying in to it and believing Dylan always did and continued to serve only himself.

Two musical greats.

Something odd going on round with Dylan song - Fourth Time Around (?) and Norwegian Wood too! 

Give both a listen and you'll see what I mean here anyway.

Yeah Lennon definitely taking the piss there. Shame. They both probably influenced each other in the 60s.

Pretty sure I read that Fourth Time Around was a reply to Norweigan Wood. Not entirely sure but I have heard of the connection before.

So many names i miss....

i miss how Foxestalk used to be. It just seems more politicized these days. it used to feel like people would come here for a laugh and not a game of one upmanship.

Yes, bah humbug me... covid-19 will do that to you! But i’m mostly better now so i’m allowed to complain again

On 20/07/2020 at 04:00, MPH said:

So many names i miss....

i miss how Foxestalk used to be. It just seems more politicized these days. it used to feel like people would come here for a laugh and not a game of one upmanship.

Yes, bah humbug me... covid-19 will do that to you! But i’m mostly better now so i’m allowed to complain again

I 100% agree, but maybe we are just getting old.