Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

On 02/04/2021 at 21:17, Rincewinds sister said:

Ken would have taken any ribbing in his stride. He wouldn't have given it a second thought, so neither should anybody else. He grew up with 3 brothers and an annoying baby sister and between us we had a plethora of political views. Ribbing was compulsory. Any family get together usually included a passionate debate about politics. Mum tried to deflect by talking about a T.V. show, holidays, weather - whatever - but failed as we could read her like a book. We always debated but never argued - we respected each other's right to be a pillock. :D

His sense of fairness and his instinct to stand up for the underdog was the first thing that should have tipped me off that something was wrong. My husband shared a post on Facebook - usual stuff, pensioners get £65 a week and have to live off dog food while illegal immigrants get £600 a week and live in a £2 million pound house (or similar to that effect). I chuckled and sat back with the popcorn waiting for Ken to put him right - but he didn't. I thought he was maybe tied up with work now he was doing the OU course and dismissed it. Shortly after was mother's day and Ken never missed that, he would send a gift through the post or phone her and always sent a card. Mum is 90 and lives with me so when there was no card or call I got worried. Nothing arrived in Monday's post so I messaged, phoned, texted, whatsapped - asking "are you okay?". By Tuesday morning I still had no reply so I reported him as missing to the police as nobody else lived close by (remaining family live in Cumbria now). The police called round to his flat and found that he had passed away. He was just sitting slumped on his sofa and had suffered a pulmonary embolism/DVT. 

Ken was a massive LCFC fan and he took me to my first match when I would have been about 7 years old and he would have been about 18. I remember him taking me down to the front at Filbert Street and plonking me on the wall behind the goal with all the little boys (with 4 big brothers I was 100% tomboy). That would have been somewhere around 1970. Around 15 years later I was able to surprise him by returning the favour when I got my hands on a couple of FA Cup tickets for Leicester vs Watford. He lived and breathed the foxes.

Ken enjoyed the banter here - even if you didn't all agree all of the time - like I say, he would have respected your right to be wrong lol

He was an atheist as are the rest of the family (I think - unless we have a closet theist somewhere) so there is to be no service, it's an unattended cremation. For those of you that believe and wish to say a prayer, or for those of you that don't but wish to raise a glass (or scarf), his cremation is on 6th April.  

Cheers Ken - here's to the title winning season that we all celebrated and a life lived to the full  :beer:

Only just seen this, thank you for posting this.

:appl::wub:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I think he's still around. I'm sure I've seen posts from him recently. 

I hope that one day, FT will wonder what happened to me when I'm gone. I just need to know SOMEONE will miss me. :please:

He's just another attention seeking flouncer mate he'll be back don't worry. 

On 19/03/2021 at 21:18, Alf Bentley said:

Shit. :(

I have Ken on Facebook and can confirm from multiple posts on his page that this sadly seems to be true. He died suddenly this week, according to posts there - would've been aged late 60s, I think.

I didn't know him well but met him 3 times. Nice bloke with a social conscience (was doing voluntary work with the homeless a few years back, as I recall), liked his beer and his football.

He posted a few months back, saying he'd just started into Open University studies and then that he was moving flat, so clearly very active quite recently.

Sad news indeed.

I’ve only just seen this.  Very sad news, RIP Ken.  Never had the pleasure of meeting him

but he was clearly one of the good guys.
I will never forget the e cards we all sent him that time he was in the LRI.  Legendary foxestalk.   

Edited by Jon the Hat

I hope this isn't too weird. I can't believe I randomly found them the other day without knowing that Ken had passed.

Listening to them again, I forgot how legendary Burger Love was at the time!

@Rincewinds sister if you happen to see this I hope they bring you some enjoyment. I know when my Dad passed away any photos or recordings were like gold dust, so I hope these bring back good memories of your brother.

Burger Love

The Epitaph of Meldew Lee

Deal or No Deal

I'm sure that crazy cat Ken would've come up with a cracking verse to mark today's occasion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2