Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If Bournemouth want to be a premiership club , they should do something about their terrible facilities . The premiership should refuse entry to any club without a 20,000 seater stadium minimum. Its one of the wealthiest towns in England ffs.

They're a tiny club, no one down here is arsed about football. If they go down they won't fill their ground I shouldn't think. 

Also what has the wealth of a town got to do with the facilities of the football team lol

Guest An Sionnach
46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They're a tiny club, no one down here is arsed about football. If they go down they won't fill their ground I shouldn't think. 

Also what has the wealth of a town got to do with the facilities of the football team lol

Bournemouth , Christchurch and Poole has a population of nearly 400, 000 and 15, 000 is all they can drag in. Not everybody around there is 85 , they need to show some ambition or get back to Div. One.Did I say 15,000 I meant 12,000, 

Edited by An Sionnach

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans Perez Barnes 

Vardy Iheanacho

Looks good on screen, I have no idea how that would work on sunday.

I think Howe will just copy Arsenal's first half blueprint if we set up 3 at the back again and that was a bit stressful. 

Unless...

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Soyuncu

Justin Tielemans Ndidi Fuchs

Perez

Vardy Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans Perez Barnes 

Vardy Iheanacho

Looks good on screen, I have no idea how that would work on sunday.

I think Howe will just copy Arsenal's first half blueprint if we set up 3 at the back again and that was a bit stressful. 

Unless...

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Soyuncu

Justin Tielemans Ndidi Fuchs

Perez

Vardy Iheanacho

I’d go for the bottom one, but rather than Vardy working from the outside in, start Barnes in a ten role so he can drift out wide and stretch the back four. Plus his youthfulness can assist Fuchs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

I hate this mentality. I agree that Bournemouth could have (and probably should have) invested in a stadium expansion by now - their ground is in the middle of a park for Christ's sake, so it's not like they're boxed in.

But grounds like theirs are part of the variety and fun of football. It's a tidy little stadium and by no means a bad ground - the only real downside of its size is (a bit like us now we've grown our fanbase so considerably) that it's incredibly difficult to get a ticket to a match unless you're in a supporters' club or know someone. 

It maybe shows a little lack of ambition on their part, but Bournemouth's sensible model is one I think a lot of teams their size envy.

I work with a Bournemouth fan and he says the relegation was always going to happen. 

He agrees they don’t need a large stadium but one of the stands is temporary and a lot of the improvements they made are of a similar nature. 

They had plans for a training ground which isn’t happening now. 

Their time in the top flight should have left a tangible legacy and as it stands, it’s not going to.

• Like 1

I thought Bournemouth didn't own their ground and the owners won't sell it to them?

They really should have used this period in the prem to buy a 20-25k capacity ground. I bet there'd be a rugby team willing to share.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Bournemouth , Christchurch and Poole has a population of nearly 400, 000 and 15, 000 is all they can drag in. Not everybody around there is 85 , they need to show some ambition or get back to Div. One.Did I say 15,000 I meant 12,000, 

People aren't interested though. The size of the ground mirrors their historical size as a club, as almost every ground in the country does. They're a League 1/2 club going through their halcyon days. To be fair to them they have looked into a new ground out the back of the current one, but like I say they won't fill the ground if they go down so there's no need to move.

5 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

Because of our good start, and the fact we’ve had good results when we’ve rotated, you can probably make these stats work against the players for quite a few of them in our team...

Results without Vardy:

Won 2 

Lost 1 

Results without Perez:

Won 3 

Drew 2

imo, only player that we really miss is Wilf. 

Results without Wilf:

Won 1

Drew 2

Lost 3

i think it’s harsh to suggest that we play better without Maddison and Chilwell in the team. Maddison is our best creator, yes he’s not on the best form but we lose creativity when he’s not playing. Less so with Chilwell, he’s not had the best season. But I think he’s a bit of a scapegoat on here. 

I agree to an extent except Maddison hasnt been our chief creator, he has 1 assist from open play all season. 2 if we're fair and give him Iheanacho's vs Villa. That's abysmal for our orchestrator. He had chipped in with some important goals in September - December but since then it's been slim pickings. 

I'm a huge fan of Maddison but he's not anywhere near the linchpin in our team that he or some thinks he is.

• Like 2

I could be wrong but from memory I think that park (King's Park?) the stadium stands in is common land or legally protected in some way to prevent development. If that's the case they can't expand and would need to find an alternative site and start from scratch. Probably not easy in that area. 

55 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Don’t think Vardy trained today :(

I may be wrong but I'm sure I have read it or heard somewhere that they are very conscious of not over training him given his age and legs. I think he trains with the team but also does a lot of cryotherapy and light gym work.

Hopefully that's the case anyway! 🤞 No other injuries were mentioned in the press conference either.

Edited by Hales

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

I may be wrong but I'm sure I have read it or heard somewhere that they are very conscious of not over training him given his age and legs. I think he trains with the team but also does a lot of cryotherapy and light gym work.

Hopefully that's the case anyway! 🤞 No other injuries were mentioned in the press conference either.

Which shows we need to bring in a quality forward in the summer to cover Vards when he gets knocks and play along side when he’s fit, the young lad from RM if we can persuade him to come play for us looks like he’d be a great partner & replacement for our Peter Pan Vardy who always looks like a spring Chicken when bombing onto goal to score !!

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I could be wrong but from memory I think that park (King's Park?) the stadium stands in is common land or legally protected in some way to prevent development. If that's the case they can't expand and would need to find an alternative site and start from scratch. Probably not easy in that area. 

They were ready to do a land swap and had it agreed with the council. In the end, didn’t do anything more about it

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree to an extent except Maddison hasnt been our chief creator, he has 1 assist from open play all season. 2 if we're fair and give him Iheanacho's vs Villa. That's abysmal for our orchestrator. He had chipped in with some important goals in September - December but since then it's been slim pickings. 

I'm a huge fan of Maddison but he's not anywhere near the linchpin in our team that he or some thinks he is.

Its Not always about stats and assists,its the movement und Space that a midfield creates,they might be the Original creater that assists the assists...

Maddison Upped our over all quality in midfield...Linchpin...hes One of them,that you can Build arround...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its Not always about stats and assists,its the movement und Space that a midfield creates,they might be the Original creater that assists the assists...

Maddison Upped our over all quality in midfield...Linchpin...hes One of them,that you can Build arround...

I agree except the movement and space with him in the team in 2020 has gotten worse. The slow and laborious football has returned that we saw under Puel, now its not Maddisons fault particularly but he's been unable to make a difference and has been guilty of dropping deeper and deeper and in the process become less effective. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree except the movement and space with him in the team in 2020 has gotten worse. The slow and laborious football has returned that we saw under Puel, now its not Maddisons fault particularly but he's been unable to make a difference and has been guilty of dropping deeper and deeper and in the process become less effective. 

2020...every Single One of our younger & older new created heroes form dropped....But we are still Hanging in there..!!

23 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

that’s true but they will park 2 buses if they score first.

And there goes the problem between us and say Utd.

Utd struggled today too but then get a gift of a pen then it’s easy.
It’s just so much easier when you score first and I find that we always struggle at 0-0. We are very good when we are 1-0 up like Vs palace, teams can’t come out because we have probably 1 of the best players in World football when there’s space behind.

Any game we score first I’m very confident but when we concede first it’s always painful the amount of toothless passing we do, Arsenal away would of been the same if they didn’t have 10 men.

Lets make sure we go out on the front foot and not concede first and we have a great chance of wining, if we concede first we won’t win, simple as that. Game management at 0-0 is vital!

This observation cannot be stressed enough! We have it seems to try to start the last few games on the front foot, creating chances, coming close but not getting the early goal. Gotta be clinical and bag that first goal then go up a get and really thump them. this is how we were playing in the first half of the season. We were ruthless in a way. The more desperate bournemouth get the more pen they will be and the more we can continue to hit em. Its an effective strategy but we gotta have all our players tuned into the same wave length. That means all our full backs getting the ball up the field with some urgency. Only pass back or across if there is no chance of completing the pass without interception. Some good faith and confidence needed from our lot. In the end they will be better for it and enjoy the game more by putting in that hard graft early. Time to get serious foxes! :chant: