Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

IF West Ham beat Burnley and Norwich, and Watford beat Newcastle, and Spurs beat Bournemouth, the Cherries will be like 7 points from safety by the time we play them, which might be enough to make them give up, like Norwich have, considering they'd need 3 wins from their last 4 and Norwich/West Ham not to win a single game after that.

40 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

IF West Ham beat Burnley and Norwich, and Watford beat Newcastle, and Spurs beat Bournemouth, the Cherries will be like 7 points from safety by the time we play them, which might be enough to make them give up, like Norwich have, considering they'd need 3 wins from their last 4 and Norwich/West Ham not to win a single game after that.

That occurred to me but you could argue that this could make them play with more urgency as they realise it’s really their last chance of safety ! 

• Like 1

They've conceded goals for fun so we have to attack them. If we can't create something against these then something is wrong.

Got a few days to work on the back 3, but I'd bring Fuchs back in if Chilwell isn't fit. Keep front 3 same.

Pressure game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Bournemouth must go for a win, draws at home are no good for them. 
Should be an open game, Vardy should enjoy himself. 🤞

Not sure about this. They won't be looking to score as many as they can. They'll be looking to keep it tight for as long as they can hoping to get a goal on the break. The longer that goes on and the more desperate we get to win the game, the more likely they will achieve that. We simply need an early goal to settle the nerves and to force them to come out needing a couple of goals 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Not sure about this. They won't be looking to score as many as they can. They'll be looking to keep it tight for as long as they can hoping to get a goal on the break. The longer that goes on and the more desperate we get to win the game, the more likely they will achieve that. We simply need an early goal to settle the nerves and to force them to come out needing a couple of goals 

tbf you can make the case that Bournemouth will need to come out and go for the win from the off, looking for a good start etc, as by the time we play each other by the Sunday Watford and West Ham could be 7 points clear of them(8 if you add GD) and i think the longer the game goes on and say its 0-0 they more desperate they will be looking for a win which then could leave space at the back for Vardy etc.

i agree with you in the fact we need a good start early goal etc, could certainly be a yo yo of a game imo

Edited by FrankieADZ

Difficult one teamwise as our wing options are poo but I also want 2 up top so I'd try 3 at the back but this time:

Schmeichel

Evans Soy Fuchs

Albrighton Praet Ndidi Chilwell (if fit)

Tielemans 

Nacho Vardy

If Maddison is fit then he can go CAM, Tielemans instead of Praet. 

Not even slightly missed Maddison these last 2 games, but if he's back available then he fights for a spot. Bournemouth have to go for this and under Rodgers we seem to have found a way to get through Bournemouth that we never used to be able to under previous managers. This will be another open game and I would loathe for us to do what we've done vs Everton or Arsenal and be 1 or 2 down and having to claw ourselves back in. It would be nice to open the scoring in the 1st half for once.

Same starting XI as last night except Fuchs for either Bennett or Soyuncu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Which is exactly what would likely happen if we go with the system and style that we were operating in a 4-1-4-1 when we first came back. If we continue with the fast and direct football with 2 up front and Perez or Barnes behind then we'll open the game up and set traps to hopefully expose before the opposition make us pay. It's imperative we open the scoring.

• Like 1

Must win. Cup final. Biggest game of the season. All of the usual when you simply have to get 3 points to achieve your season's objective.

Hopefully we've learnt from Norwich, Burnley, Everton away. Don't go there and allow them an hour of confidence building before they nick the games only goal. We need to start on the front foot from the off.

Having to wait until 7pm sunday evening feels like an international break.

I'm sure this tiny amount of extra time will give the players options and I wonder if Rodgers will allow a little rest time or keep them drilled until kick off.

From the Brighton game, I still find it encouraging that we've improved each game and our form curve is going the right way.

Depending how you view it, to me, this is such an exciting end to the season and as tense as it is, it's sporting drama at it's best. 

Reading between the lines and from what's been said, I reckon we'll have Maddison and/or Chilwell back, but I still don't think we have to change the line-up / formation too much from what we've seen in the last two games. 

The team will rise to this one and they know what's at stake, I think it's all down to them now and to improve their own personal performances and levels. 

I'm confident we'll win this, but that really means nothing at all. 

Guest An Sionnach

I would go with the same team, as against Bournemouth we should be OK with Perez , if it looks like we are having a problem, bring on Praet.  Fuchs for Albrighton if we need to tighten up . Vardy back firing will worry them so more room for Iheanacho. Nice to see some realism on here as every match will be tough and need 100% application but we seem to have recovered our belief now so I am optimistic.