Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

Guest An Sionnach
22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Results without Chilwell:

Won 4

Drew 2

Lost 1

Results without Maddison:

Won 2

Drew 1

If Chilwell is at wing back absolutely fine , I always thought James and Youri  get in each others way , over to you Bren to sort that one out.

Massive game for us and Bournemouth! Watford play Newcastle at home and West Ham are playing Norwich so their is a possibility that they could be 6 points behind by the time we play them. Bournemouth's next games also away at Manchester City so I think they have no choice but to come out and try and win this game which should play into our hands. They looked solid yesterday against Spurs but I thought Tottenham were abysmal rather than Bournemouth being good. They ran themselves into the ground and looked shattered after the game so you would hope that our extra rest and preparation time will help us for this one. The only concern I have us if they score first because then they will have a flat back 10., if we score first I expect them to crumble as their confidence is very fragile at the moment, especially if the Watford and West Ham results go against them at the weekend.

Edited by Rugby_City

Referee is Stuart Attwell - yet to ref a game for us this season

4th Official is Simon Hooper

VAR is Stephen Child - can find hardly anything on this guy, either seems to more regularly be a linesman or the assistant VAR

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Referee is Stuart Attwell - yet to ref a game for us this season

4th Official is Simon Hooper

VAR is Stephen Child - can find hardly anything on this guy, either seems to more regularly be a linesman or the assistant VAR

PL website says Child is AVAR, Pawson is VAR.

We sticking with 3 at the back for this then? 

Think it'll work in this game better than the Arsenal one where their attack was far too good for it. 

Ndidi, Youri sit deeper, Perez in the middle further up. Justin and Albrighton as wingbacks.

Iheanacho and Vardy up front. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Will Youri be able to pass forward against a shit Bournemouth? Really wish we had maddison in. I'd start Praet over Youri as he passes forwards and gets himself into the box. But in all honesty whoever we play should be able to beat a team who are going to struggle to stay in the championship next season. They could easily be League 1 by this time next season.

13 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Chilwell and Maddison both not playing due to pending moves? :ph34r:

Did cross my mind too. Madison STILL hasn't signed a contract extension and Chilwell might be looking for a move.

Both know they can move to a champions League club in a summer. 

Haven't other players refused to play to secure moves in the summer? Eg Lallana

1 hour ago, Rugby_City said:

Massive game for us and Bournemouth! Watford play Newcastle at home and West Ham are playing Norwich so their is a possibility that they could be 6 points behind by the time we play them. Bournemouth's next games also away at Manchester City so I think they have no choice but to come out and try and win this game which should play into our hands. They looked solid yesterday against Spurs but I thought Tottenham were abysmal rather than Bournemouth being good. They ran themselves into the ground and looked shattered after the game so you would hope that our extra rest and preparation time will help us for this one. The only concern I have us if they score first because then they will have a flat back 10., if we score first I expect them to crumble as their confidence is very fragile at the moment, especially if the Watford and West Ham results go against them at the weekend.

They could come out...and wup our ever obliging heroes....

Guest An Sionnach

If Bournemouth want to be a premiership club , they should do something about their terrible facilities . The premiership should refuse entry to any club without a 20,000 seater stadium minimum. Its one of the wealthiest towns in England ffs.

Edited by An Sionnach

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We sticking with 3 at the back for this then? 

Think it'll work in this game better than the Arsenal one where their attack was far too good for it. 

Ndidi, Youri sit deeper, Perez in the middle further up. Justin and Albrighton as wingbacks.

Iheanacho and Vardy up front. 

Praet in for Perez for me. He's more likely to thread a ball through to Vardy or Nacho. Perez, though admittedly better in the middle than stuck out on the wing, still got regularly outmuscled and lost the ball or passed it to the opposition. Though to be fair, I'd have Praet over Tielemans as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If Bournemouth want to be a premiership club , they should do something about their terrible facilities . The premiership should refuse entry to any club without a 20,000 seater stadium minimum. Its one of the wealthiest towns in England ffs.

Why would they want to play in the Scottish League? 

On 07/07/2020 at 23:51, Aus Fox said:

Kasper

Evans Soyuncu

Grey  Tielemans Madison Barnes
                    Perez    
          Vardy Iheanacho Hirst

Attack, Attack, Attack attack attack.

Isn’t that the formation from table football?

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I hate this mentality. I agree that Bournemouth could have (and probably should have) invested in a stadium expansion by now - their ground is in the middle of a park for Christ's sake, so it's not like they're boxed in.

But grounds like theirs are part of the variety and fun of football. It's a tidy little stadium and by no means a bad ground - the only real downside of its size is (a bit like us now we've grown our fanbase so considerably) that it's incredibly difficult to get a ticket to a match unless you're in a supporters' club or know someone. 

It maybe shows a little lack of ambition on their part, but Bournemouth's sensible model is one I think a lot of teams their size envy.

• Like 4