Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

think id go for

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Perez  Ndidi  Tielemens Barnes

Iheanacho  Vardy

I think Perez works his arse off even though hes not a real winger and i think Barnes will start better with Fuchs as Chilwell injured and dont think there is a natural bond between chilly and barnes anyway to be fair.

First sub Praet just after Half time in centre mid.

Edited by les-tah

This is going to be one of those games where i suspect that if we start strong, get the first goal then they will crumble and we could end up with a hat full. On the other hand, if we contrive to let them score first, then it will be a double-decker job from them for the rest of the game and we will end up huffing and puffing trying to break them down and this place will be ringing to the cries of no plan B (ie hoof it up to some big bloke, who we don't have, from the half way line). If we keep up the press, stay tight at the back, with patience we will eventually get through them, their heads will be gone and we should run out comfortable winners

They look doomed already, but lose to Spurs tonight and then they simply have to get a result against us or they are practically down, which could make them desperate and dangerous, but also will give us space to play in as realistically (although not mathematically) a draw is no use to them, unless two of Villa, Watford and WHU collapse.

I think it will be them, Norwich and Villa going down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A week ago he was getting abused and written off on here, now I accept he was in horrible form but why do fans do it? If there's one player to just sit back and wait until they take bodies again it's Vardy. The man has consistently bounced back from poor spells and often gone on a scoring spree that makes a mockery of the drought he'd just been on.

Another 4 or 5 from him would be invaluable to us this season.

There are a lot of players who get rubbished on here.  I think at least fourteen of our squad have been scapegoats on here. Make that fifteen.

If Messi was a Leicester player he'd be nothing more than a show-boater who is well past his prime.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think it'll be Bournemouth 0 Leicester 10 with Vardy scoring 5.

funnily enough i had a dream last night that we broke our own record. the only difference was Vardy hat trick, Nacho hat trick (vardy handing ball to him for a peno for his 3rd), Perez 2, Tielemans and Albrighton getting the last one. I thought mushrooms i had for dinner tasted a bit odd.:whistle:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A week ago he was getting abused and written off on here, now I accept he was in horrible form but why do fans do it? If there's one player to just sit back and wait until they take bodies again it's Vardy. The man has consistently bounced back from poor spells and often gone on a scoring spree that makes a mockery of the drought he'd just been on.

Another 4 or 5 from him would be invaluable to us this season.

yeah but he hadn't scored for three games so he must obviously be past it and now totally crap, along with the rest of our squad who, based on the league table also just happen to be the 3rd or 4th best side in the country. Vardy like all strikers will go through barren patches during a season. To hit the 20 goals per season, that is an average strike rate of just over one every other game, not allowing for missed games through injury or suspension, so given that he has scored two or more several times this season means that there are also plenty of games where he hasn't.  People really should give their head a wobble before assuming the worst, we have seen this almost every season from Vardy (and every other striker)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Just don’t let them score first :fc:.  They are obviously poor but I can’t handle another one of them 11 men behind the ball games with constant stoppages and time wasting all because we’ve let them nick a lead. 

Step up Sheffield United 

If Tottenham win at Bournemouth tonight, or even draw, then Bournemouth will have to win on Sunday against us. No good sitting back to grind out a 0-0.

It should benefit us that we'll have had 2 extra days to recover from the Arsenal game, especially if it's  robust game tonight with tackles flying in.

On 08/07/2020 at 15:03, Wrighty22 said:

Probably lose this and then beat spurs and utd. The Leicester way. 

Not this season we havent won a game when we were favourites to lose most unleicesterlike   although on the other side of the equation we dropped  5 points to Norwich and 2 to Brighton so should be challenging to be runners up

9 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

If Tottenham win at Bournemouth tonight, or even draw, then Bournemouth will have to win on Sunday against us. No good sitting back to grind out a 0-0.

It should benefit us that we'll have had 2 extra days to recover from the Arsenal game, especially if it's  robust game tonight with tackles flying in.

that’s true but they will park 2 buses if they score first.

And there goes the problem between us and say Utd.

Utd struggled today too but then get a gift of a pen then it’s easy.
It’s just so much easier when you score first and I find that we always struggle at 0-0. We are very good when we are 1-0 up like Vs palace, teams can’t come out because we have probably 1 of the best players in World football when there’s space behind.

Any game we score first I’m very confident but when we concede first it’s always painful the amount of toothless passing we do, Arsenal away would of been the same if they didn’t have 10 men.

Lets make sure we go out on the front foot and not concede first and we have a great chance of wining, if we concede first we won’t win, simple as that. Game management at 0-0 is vital!

• Like 1

We need a dominant display and a professional performance. We've turned teams over away from home this season and we need to go out there and do it again, if we can remember how. Nothing less than 3 points will do.

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

To be honest, if we don't beat these with what's at stake, we don't deserve to be in the Champions League.

Yeah i keep tallying up if and buts and where we can finish if this happens but in reality if we didn't win this and scraped into it because Man City's ban is upheld then it'd almost be a bit embarrassing.

I'm really glad Brendan finally come out after Everton and openly criticised the players for once. Before that he was doing what seemed like a very good PR job for himself, implying it was just great we are in the top 4.

It seems to have worked because Martin Tyler was going along with it saying how much we're punching above our weight. Completely dismissing the relegation form we'd been through. 

6 points is a must from the next 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Just had a look at the form table this half of the season (15 matches). We’re 11th which is disappointing, but we are above Spurs. 

Spurs are abysmal, they can't even moan about having the likes of Kane and Son out injured, they have nearly a fully fit squad.

15 minutes ago, red5 said:

Let's hope chilwell and maddison are out for the season, we're much better without them. 

I find it a little odd you are wishing any players out when we have a poor squad depth let alone them being 2 regular first team players and when we are also without Ricardo! Nothing like supporting your team! Better without them is a ridiculous comment 🙄

Any news on Madders and Chilly? Are they going to be fit?

Edited by Hales
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, red5 said:

Let's hope chilwell and maddison are out for the season, we're much better without them. 

Do you ever say anything positive about them team? If you aren't complaining about the team, you're ranting above behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

I find it a little odd you are wishing any players out when we have a poor squad depth let alone them being 2 regular first team players and when we are also without Ricardo! 

Any news on Madders and Chilly? Are they going to be fit?

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do you ever say anything positive about them team? If you aren't complaining about the team, you're ranting above behind the scenes. 

So we have the best results of the year without them and you want them back in the team?

40 minutes ago, red5 said:

Proves you Dont follow put club & team...We have had our best results with them..!!!

Who needs Forest supporters,when we have you....!!!

Tho' trolls & fishermen I suppose always get a bite..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1